Poll

Should master of the field appear always?

Yes
130 (79.8%)
No
18 (11%)
I don't care/random joke option
15 (9.2%)

Total Members Voted: 162

Author Topic: Make master of the field ALWAYS appear  (Read 6531 times)

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
Make master of the field ALWAYS appear
« on: May 13, 2012, 03:22:02 pm »
+50
It's as simple as can be.

Make master of the field appear always, at 2 or 3 minutes before the round ends or something like that. Would solve a lot of problems and complaints here.

I know it is a suggestion, but nonetheless I post it here, because otherwise I fear developers will keep on ignoring this really common suggestion.

Please show your support by voting, +1 my post or even replying. Thx.

Edit: bear in mind that many "no" votes will probably come from ranged or cavalry or ranged cavalry, because with this change their importance would get lowered, and kiting would not work any more. On the other hand, infatry hiding in a building can't win, too, so no more three great mauls camping the only entrance to a room.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 03:53:18 pm by Joker86 »
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
Re: Make master of the field ALWAYS appear
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 03:23:31 pm »
Was suggested before. I think 2 or 3 Minutes are quite too early, however I would really like to see this.

I think 1:30 Minutes would be perfect. Most times fights take a bit longer but in most rounds not until the end (unless somene does camp a roof or just hides).
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Araxiel

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 77
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ((===||:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vincent_Ruth
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 03:43:59 pm »
After the last patch flags appearing even there is still killing goes. BUT THEY ARE BUGGED. Even if you raise your flag to the top round doesnt end.
Well I roleplayed gay for long time to get Asca attention as harmless one but it didnt help. I only attracted Tueten, Cicero and Grey Order...

Offline Ptolemy

• Weeaboo
  • Count
  • Renown: 257
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
  • Game nicks: Nomin
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 03:51:09 pm »
1:30 to 2 minutes works for me.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 04:55:36 pm »
+2
It focuses the battle, prevents draws and delaying. Yay. It does not prevent the underdog team to get a win on the brink, but it does prevent a silly horsearcher riding around ten enemies missing 9 out of 10 arrows and claiming that he is just playing his class.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 04:58:34 pm »
+1
I like it, because it moves the focus a bit away from killing the enemy team - it's enough to repell it from the flag, so perhaps people will stop with their goddamn lemming-like "need fr4gs!"-behaviour.... but I guess not  :rolleyes:

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 05:00:35 pm »
+1
Heck this has my full support!

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 05:02:48 pm »
Heck this has my full support!

I am amazed! Kudos, to you sir. I always thought that HAs literally LIVED for those ends of a round where they are followed by a dozen infantrymen without a single ranged weapon, picking off one after another, to show off their mad skills.

Honestly, I expected HAs, HXs and ATH-archers to be against that suggestion...  :?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 05:05:29 pm by Joker86 »

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012, 05:06:13 pm »
+1
This is really needed and I really hope they put it ingame.

Offline Herkkutatti

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012, 05:09:45 pm »
+1
withs this devs could allow ladders again :D
/l
(゚、 。 7
l、 ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ Nerf archery ,please!

Offline Brrrak

• Earl
  • Renown: 442
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brrrak
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012, 05:24:38 pm »
so perhaps people will stop with their goddamn lemming-like "need fr4gs!"-behaviour.... but I guess not  :rolleyes:

You will never modify my behavior there, I'm too damn dumb!  :mrgreen:

All in all, I like the suggestion.  Like has been suggested, though, 2-3 minutes seems like it cuts the round a tad short: 1:30-2:00 seems like it will satisfy people pretty well (we need to chow down on multis, after all... :rolleyes: ) while leaving everyone enough time to get on flags, even on the larger of the battle maps.  Hopefully.

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2012, 05:25:53 pm »
+1
It is pretty easy to force flag spawn, unfortunatly not every one knows what to do or rather what not to do. I was unpleasantly surprised many times when my team outnambered enemies 2:1 and for example the only survivers on enemie team were camping tower in Native Village map, with a mauler or two. 3 minutes left to the end of the round and they keep attacking and getting mauled one by one ignoring requests to simply wait for flags in some safe spot keeping the distance from oponnents and simply do nothing for over 30 seconds. It often ended up with a draw or even our team loosing, becouse few folks refused to listen or simply can't be arsed to bother themself with waiting.
Making flags always spawn at a certain time would lead to even more camping and prolonging rounds. I would love to have fast, dynamic fights not a campfest.
For HAs, HXs generally cavalry is already affected with latest changes to Master of the Field script, if the last survivers on one of the teams are mounted then it triggers flag, so delaying the rounds and forcing the draw by last horse archer that simply refuse to die and prefers to annoy 20 alive enemies is pretty much impossible at the moment.
Back when I was playing Native, it was not a problem at all since almost everyone knows and understands how MotF works, so forcing it was never a problem.
Maybe small change to script would be nice, like removing part about distance so it would be easier to actually control flags. But making it always appear... I am skeptical about it.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2012, 05:34:11 pm »
Sure, why not.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2012, 05:46:07 pm »
+1
It is pretty easy to force flag spawn, unfortunatly not every one knows what to do or rather what not to do. I was unpleasantly surprised many times when my team outnambered enemies 2:1 and for example the only survivers on enemie team were camping tower in Native Village map, with a mauler or two. 3 minutes left to the end of the round and they keep attacking and getting mauled one by one ignoring requests to simply wait for flags in some safe spot keeping the distance from oponnents and simply do nothing for over 30 seconds. It often ended up with a draw or even our team loosing, becouse few folks refused to listen or simply can't be arsed to bother themself with waiting.
Making flags always spawn at a certain time would lead to even more camping and prolonging rounds.

Errr... I don't understand... how can spawning flags encourage people to further camp in or around buildings and so on?
It's an obvious hint by the game itself that shows how the map is won. In a camp situation it's enough that only one of the "besiegers" runs off to the flag and ends the whole misery.

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2012, 06:13:10 pm »
+1
Avarage round on battle servers last for about 3 minutes, well it depends on a map mostly, round time limit is set to 7 minutes, making it spawn always after 5 minutes (2:00 till the round end for example) will to lead to waiting for flags spawn in almost every round. Now tell me where is the point in simply charging if you know that flag is going to spawn at certain time no matter what you do? Team that has lost a round or two might refuse to attack simply becouse doing some pew pew job for 4 minutes get give them a higher chance to win at flags, while the other team can think "Hey, we steamrolled the round before, let's milk some xp!". How it will look? Shield walls and pew pew madness for more then half a round, 1 minute to get to the flag and what's left for some fighting.... sounds boring for me. Of course it doesn't have to look like this but for me it is very probably scenario.