Author Topic: just over the last couple of days... funny right? DISCUSS  (Read 7613 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: just over the last couple of days... funny right? DISCUSS
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2012, 08:12:47 pm »
+5
I personally enjoy watching him ride around against the remaining 7 or 10 guys and wonder if he will pull it off, as I have before.

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,2606.0.html

Behavior rules
No offensive behavior anywhere
Remember that this is the internet. Don't be insulted if someone calls you an idiot.
No offensive character names. If in doubt about a name, pick another one.

General rules
No exploiting of any kind
NOT OK: Bypassing the autobalance
NOT OK: Using a bug to gain undeserved benefits
NOT OK: Leaving and rejoining to server to spawn more than once in a round
No intentional teamwounding/teamkilling during a round
No malicious griefing of teammates (kickspamming, blocking, etc.)
No drawing/delaying the round on purpose (i.e. running away or camping unreachable places when you're one of the last people alive)
OK: running away and shooting enemies that are reachable by projectiles

NOT OK: running away or avoiding confrontation when there is nobody to shoot in range or everyone is behind cover
No abuse of in-game chat (racism, insulting, griefing...)
No random kick/ban polls. Always specify reason before starting a poll
OK: poll-kicking a leecher
OK: poll-kicking an intentional teamkiller
NOT OK: poll-kicking someone who involuntarily hurt you
NOT OK: poll-kicking someone because you don't like his playstyle

No leeching
OK: Being a bad player and getting no kills
NOT OK: Standing around away from keyboard. If you're away, switch to spectator mode
NOT OK: Running around naked without weapon. Not contributing is leeching, naked runners don't contribute.
NOT OK: Autorunning your char to enemy to die
Glitching is allowed, being an asshat isn't
OK: hiding (e.g. in the hay)
NOT OK: hiding when last man standing (i.e. delaying)
OK: using a ladder to reach a roof that can't be reached normally
OK: camping unreachable places in the middle of the round
NOT OK: camping unreachable places when last group of men standing (i.e. delaying)
NOT OK: exploiting invisible barriers
NOT OK: going out of map bounds (if you can see unfinished parts of the map, then you should not be there)
NOT OK: ladderpulting
No siege equipment spam
OK: Planting ladders to get to roofs or walls
OK: Blocking a door with a construction site
OK: Planting siege shields to provide cover from ranged fire
NOT OK: Creating a weapon rack and spawning more than a few items to block movement
If you're stuck, change team to spectators or rejoin the server, otherwise you will be considered a leecher.

Quit acting like whiny little children. You are breaking the rules, sit down, shut up, or stop playing.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline ROHYPNOL

• Earl
  • Renown: 361
  • Infamy: 127
  • Poor Washing Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2012, 08:16:54 pm »
savior i had 7.5kdr as lancer.. but its not the point of the post.. the point as i explained is how can i be leeching? actually maybe thats not even the real point lol
Quote from: Jeade
you're rough around the edges.
This is the reason people don't like you if anyone ever did.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2012, 08:18:45 pm »
+2
It used to be annoying to sit there while you spent the next couple minutes shooting kids, but they changed MOTF soooooo why are kids still raging?

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2012, 08:37:47 pm »
+1
The funny part is that you have Forum Defenders that claim your playstyle is legitimate and fun and that most people enjoy watching it.

Yet whenever someone initiates a poll against you, over 50% of the players vote to remove you.

On the bright side, your job approval rating appears to be only slightly less than Obama's.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2012, 08:40:42 pm »
+2
The funny part is that you have Forum Defenders that claim your playstyle is legitimate and fun and that most people enjoy watching it.

I don't recall anyone saying that most enjoy watching it, and "forum defender" is certainly an amusing choice of words to discredit others based on a mere insult even though the rules plainly state that this is poll abuse.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2012, 09:33:40 pm »
+1
To me, poll abuse is polling over and over with annoying polls even though nobody votes for them.  There aren't enough trolls to just poll ban people for no reason and have it stick.

When you get repeatedly poll banned/kicked with full approval from the server, maybe your playstyle sucks even if the rules don't prevent it.  I think a lot of you play CRPG because any self respecting fps admin would have perma banned you a long time ago for being annoying gits who think you are way more ammusing than you actually are.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2012, 09:38:13 pm »
+1
To me, poll abuse is polling over and over with annoying polls even though nobody votes for them.  There aren't enough trolls to just poll ban people for no reason and have it stick.

When you get repeatedly poll banned/kicked with full approval from the server, maybe your playstyle sucks even if the rules don't prevent it.  I think a lot of you play CRPG because any self respecting fps admin would have perma banned you a long time ago for being annoying gits who think you are way more ammusing than you actually are.
Look, as much as I hate getting killed by rohy  like anybody else, since MOTF appears he isn't even an issue anymore. I don't even see how you guys can care and get mad if the flags are up?

Tears even linked the rules and bolded that Yes, it is Indeed poll abusing and against the rules. Your "to me" is irrelevant, although that would be extreme poll abusing, and is why people like farmer nate have been repeatedly banned.

Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2012, 09:40:38 pm »
+1
That opens up the door for people to be banned simply for "being a two handed spammer" or "being a my old friendcher" or being a "polestun abuser" or etc because someone hates it.

If on a map a few people take up positions in a chokepoint with crush through, next thing you know people will say "ban for being a bad playstyle" and away they go.

You can not dictate that a playstyle is a ban able offense if the game engine and the game items promote such a playstyle, else we will see entire clans being banned for "bad play behavior" anytime a server is rolled.

Offline Oggrinsky

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 10
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sons of Zardoz
  • Game nicks: Tzadik_Oggrinsky, Ghazi_Suleiman, MissOggynistic
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2012, 09:55:23 pm »
+3
Feel like Roh is wasting your time because he is riding around shooting people and your body is already cold?

Solution: Don't die so god damn fast!
Solution: Don't CHARGE the center of the map every round.
Solution: Protect your ranged so they can take him out.
Solution: Shut the fuck up and stop complaining because people have different styles of play.

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2012, 09:56:18 pm »
+1
I'm not arguing the rules.  I'm just telling you that the repeated successful poll bans indicate that the playerbase as a whole is pretty sick of roh and the people like him.

The new popularity of siege is another clue as well.

Ignore it and cite rules til you're blue in the face.  "They mad", whatever.  It's a problem and most people are simply getting tired of it.
Norse Horde

Offline Rainbow

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2012, 10:05:16 pm »
+1
I don't like horse xbow cav but i have to say this isn't right. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2012, 10:08:05 pm »
Fuck you bro I had it first. Fucking NA scum.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2012, 10:14:33 pm »
If on a map a few people take up positions in a chokepoint with crush through, next thing you know people will say "ban for being a bad playstyle" and away they go.

They should go away because they're using a fantasy siege tool instead of a proper weapon. Maybe we should start fighting with shouvels too.

edit: good thread, no better evidence that a class needs nerfing.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 10:18:04 pm by Adamar »

Offline MR_FISTA

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 81
  • Prepare your angus
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoW
  • Game nicks: SoW_MR_FISTA_the_Retribution
  • IRC nick: SoW_MR_FISTA
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2012, 10:16:27 pm »
Don't see why people are complaining about him, he's the best horse xbow in the game by a long shot and If you have to wait a little while at the end of rounds be grateful he got you that far, not his fault he always lasts because he's pro.

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2012, 10:32:26 pm »
+1
The NA masses generally lack the willpower to use classes (archery) or builds (more agility for arabian horses) to counter Rohy effectively, and rage about him instead.  He annoys me when I am horse archer, but I respect him because he's good.

Also, sorry I shot your horse Rohy.  I support rider vs rider fighting when it comes to horse crossbow/thrower/archery fighting, but having only 3 HA skill makes my arrows fly everywhere.