Author Topic: Punishment for poll abuzers  (Read 1244 times)

Offline Lord_Panos

• Turkish
  • Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 203
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Abdul_Rashid_PanBaba,Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
Punishment for poll abuzers
« on: May 11, 2012, 06:21:08 pm »
+13
Add a third option that the poll abuzer gets banned for 1 hour instead of the poller.

Ive had enough of those cunts rage polling mid round.
In this community,if you cheat,which is the ultimate crime to do in a game,you can buy a second cd key and everything is fine,but if you troll you get a permaban and be in danger for a second one,fair isn`t it?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 765
  • Infamy: 1073
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Punishment for poll abuzers
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 06:24:59 pm »
 :rolleyes:

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 06:26:11 pm »
+1
Add a third option that the poll abuzer gets banned for 1 hour instead of the poller.

Ive had enough of those cunts rage polling mid round.

This is a great idea. People poll constantly for no reason at all and don't even bother to explain their reasoning. You see the same name polling over and over again without merit. It's really silly at this point and should be stopped.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 08:29:03 pm »
No offense, but if this was implemented, I would constantly hit this new option 3 everytime I'm in EU without even checking. Your poll spams are legendary.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 08:33:54 pm »
+4
3rd option= poller is an idiot. Polls disabled for that player after that+ their in game name appears in pink to signify their womanliness.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 08:35:19 pm »
It should also mute them too.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Lord_Panos

• Turkish
  • Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 203
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Abdul_Rashid_PanBaba,Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 08:42:28 pm »
No offense, but if this was implemented, I would constantly hit this new option 3 everytime I'm in EU without even checking. Your poll spams are legendary.

coming from the biggest drama queen ever.

OK.
In this community,if you cheat,which is the ultimate crime to do in a game,you can buy a second cd key and everything is fine,but if you troll you get a permaban and be in danger for a second one,fair isn`t it?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 08:43:39 pm »
coming from the biggest drama queen ever.

OK.

I'm sorry that I don't enjoy voting on polls every 40-90 seconds every time I'm on an EU server in EU primetime.

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 09:16:03 pm »
+1
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 09:45:09 pm »
+5
Usually one person will poll to kick a player and not say anything. Maybe they had a reason, but they don't answer anyone that asks "why are we voting?" Then someone starts a poll to kick the guy that made the first poll, and everyone presses 2 because they're fed up with poll after poll and then someone starts a poll to kick the guy that made a poll to kick the guy that made a poll...

:evil:

Maybe add a choice when you start a poll: kick this player for: [leeching] [team attack] [delaying] etc.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline sinotna

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jeezah
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2012, 03:59:14 am »
i support this  :D

Offline sinotna

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jeezah
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2012, 04:04:00 am »
3rd option= poller is an idiot. Polls disabled for that player after that+ their in game name appears in pink to signify their womanliness.

what if it's a woman or a real homosexual. he would get offended and poll you and there we go again

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2012, 04:12:29 am »
What's needed is a dialog box where you enter the reason so it appears alongside the poll. Half the time, sure, the Poller doesnt answer questions as to why, but the other half the time they clearly state before and after the poll, and 30 secs later we still see players asking WHY WHY WHY in chat. Also, remove self polling, its funny I guess but most of the even self inflicted polls fail...HOW does that happen ffs, sure some ppl are MID BLOCK and need to quickly remove the text, but surely 100% of spectators can see the poll is called against self and should press 1 by deafault.
I don't know enough

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2012, 05:45:59 am »
DEATH TO THE NONBELIEVERS!
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2012, 10:09:21 am »
Something must be done about this. I HATE polls when I'm trying to fight and not to press 1 or 2.

Usually when someone polls, it is midround or near the end when there is still people fighting and the outcome is not yet clear. Right time for polls is when the round ends just when new one starts. Don't forget that cunts!

Another flaw is that no one tells why they are polling. You have to provide that information somehow. I'm pressing 2 everytime I see a poll without a reason and press 1 when the other dude puts up a counter poll. Usually the first one is only damn QQ ragepoll about some shit.

I wholeheartedly support Panos' idea. Other good suggestions in this thread too like having to name the reason for poll while making it. If the poll starter is dead when he puts up the voting, he can't tell the live ones the reason (although he SHOULD wait until the round end in any case)

I would modify polls so you can only make one in the first minute of the round. So if you get tk'd th'd or whatever, you have to take those couple minutes to cool down and make more sensible poll if you see suitable. It would prevent ragepolling. I think most rage poll kids would just forget their anger after couple minutes and not make poll at all. Then again polls wouldn't be so fucking annoying because the only time for them would be in the first minute and you usually aren't in too bad situation yet...

I think this idea is reasonable.

There is no sight in my third eye