Author Topic: BkS_Bojangles banned?  (Read 8314 times)

Offline 1slander

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Timing that sidestep is key to the 1h battle axe
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NORD
  • Game nicks: Araios, Pallas, Hammer. Formerly DRAC & Duke_of_Hazard
Re: BkS_Bojangles banned?
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2011, 10:44:28 pm »
See, this kid's trying to troll, but observe how to deal with such attempts, children, and marvel:

Haters gon' hate.

@Zanthos

Idk man, I think it's kind of telling when we're the ones sitting in vent enjoying each other's company and laughing, having a good time playing a game and other people are obviously so visibly upset that they feel the need to permanently remove someone from a server. Who's the one who needs to relax? I think if more people just took it easy and didn't take everything quite so seriously, things wouldn't really need to escalate. If I was walking down the street and some guy ran up to me and was like "OMG I'M WAY BETTER AT DANCING THAN YOU ARE," I'd say, "Great dude." and keep walking. I wouldn't run crying to Obama and ask him to be executed (banned from IRL) because he hurt my feelings.

heh, but in the same token what if someone was saying things that were said in the chat log in trw?  Let's be honest here.  Regardless I don't care, son.
Float like a butterfly sting like an axe

Offline Rhade

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BkS_Rhade
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2011, 11:01:06 pm »
heh, but in the same token what if someone was saying things that were said in the chat log in trw?  Let's be honest here.  Regardless I don't care, son.

I wouldn't let it phase me. Honestly, I'm mature enough to just accept that haters gonna hate and not let people get to me. I guess that's too much to expect from other people though, apparently.

Offline 1slander

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2011, 11:09:32 pm »

I wouldn't let it phase me. Honestly, I'm mature enough to just accept that haters gonna hate and not let people get to me. I guess that's too much to expect from other people though, apparently.

Well whichever right.  What you consider mature behaviour is actually childish and brutish tbh.  Most people here are mature.  I am not itnerested in arguing though.  It's not my decision or my concern.  If you guys were any easier to get along with I doubt this would even be an issue.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2011, 12:58:39 am »
@Zanthos

Idk man, I think it's kind of telling when we're the ones sitting in vent enjoying each other's company and laughing, having a good time playing a game and other people are obviously so visibly upset that they feel the need to permanently remove someone from a server. Who's the one who needs to relax? I think if more people just took it easy and didn't take everything quite so seriously, things wouldn't really need to escalate. If I was walking down the street and some guy ran up to me and was like "OMG I'M WAY BETTER AT DANCING THAN YOU ARE," I'd say, "Great dude." and keep walking. I wouldn't run crying to Obama and ask him to be executed (banned from IRL) because he hurt my feelings.

Right, but I would get a restraining order if said man did it to me every day multiple hours a day dozens of times an hour, and in this case likely would succeed considering said person does the same along with his buddies to the entire town.

Be civil, and we shall relax. Trolling is one thing, what Bo' did was just asking for repercussions.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2011, 01:30:51 am »
I don't understand whats so hard to comprehend. Just keep chat civilized and stop acting like "chest thumpers" and just play the damn game and have fun. The admins are doing there job keeping people in line and not starting e-peen wars. All Bks has to do is stop trolling or at least keep it mild and not constantly spout "I'm the best" or "1v1" as that gets really old, and annoying quick.

Offline Rhade

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2011, 03:08:44 am »
I don't understand whats so hard to comprehend. Just keep chat civilized and stop acting like "chest thumpers" and just play the damn game and have fun. The admins are doing there job keeping people in line and not starting e-peen wars. All Bks has to do is stop trolling or at least keep it mild and not constantly spout "I'm the best" or "1v1" as that gets really old, and annoying quick.

Not easy when people constantly come at us because it is pretty well known we are, in fact, the best, so people feel a proclivity to act hostile towards us and use us a "notch" in their belt.

It's a video game. Let Bojangles play. Mute him if you must.
Keep in mind the logs don't show the people responding to Bo, nor does it show the fact that he was being TK'd (yet conveniently those tk'ing him repeatedly weren't so much as kicked.)

Whatever, I'm done arguing here. The only people coming to this forum are the people with a vendetta; most of the people who enjoy playing with us don't even know this thread exists, or the people who don't mind us aren't going to go out of their way to add their support. The only people who are going to vocalize is the people who have a vendetta or regular forum goers who happen to see the thread. This is not a winnable battle, as it's just a matter of opinion and at the end of the day, logic doesn't mean anything -- all that matters is the people who pay for the server get to enforce the rules when they feel like it and don't have to when they don't. Fair? Not really, but some people are apparently above the laws they set for others.

The "I'm the best" or things like that are said in all caps, obviously in a kidding attitude of someone enjoying themselves (gasp, imagine that, in a game, someone enjoying themselves), and the 1v1 requests are usually when it's obvious someone has an issue with one of us, so we ask if they'd like to 1v1, and no one ever does (Besides Mr_Pibb_ATS, props to him.). Absolutely nothing wrong with either of those.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 03:10:06 am by Rhade »

Offline 1slander

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2011, 03:20:13 am »
QQ Baby

Offline Bothersome_Aldryk

• Baron
  • Renown: 124
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2011, 03:21:08 am »
I guess I'll throw in the support post. I think that occasionally some members of BkS gets a bit too mouthy and it can certainly offend people. Regardless, I'd call for a mute. The mute option is a beautiful thing. I know that permanent mute doesn't exist, but hey. It solves the issue of a person polluting chat. Either way, I don't like the idea of constant banning occuring to BkS for their tendency to "troll" on chat. They're active players, fun to play with/against. I don't find it hard to avoid letting their "trolling" make me rage, and as long as you don't take everything oh so serious, they aren't bad dudes. Also Harnius gives me highfives.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2011, 03:25:24 am »
To be fair, I do enjoy playing with you guys, and I think you specifically do raise valid game issues and points in the in-game chat, I genuinely enjoy reading your chat comments as they almost always contain truth. However, I still think that Bo' crossed the line.

I really do enjoy playing alongside or against your clan as it always makes the game very tactical as you all have your heads screwed on right and are good players. But still, Bo' did a lot more then joke "I am the best" and unfortunately the jokes he presented did not go over as well as planned.

I appreciate that you guys want to have fun, but in this case, his fun did not "translate" very well.

I also think though that certain players who "accidently" TK certain clan mates of yours should be banned for a period too, as it is completely uncalled for.

But yes, the "mute" feature is a wonderful thing.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2011, 03:41:25 am »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Really, you guys are killing me

and what did I do to deserve negative points?
Just a soldier

Offline 1slander

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2011, 03:52:47 am »
I probably would of joined BKS a week or two ago if I didn't suspect they were going to troll themsleves into a ban somehow.  Pretty good clan imo.  Plus I'm a nasty little troll at heart but nobody likes a troll....so I'm prescious and sweet and kind.

Offline Boss_Awesome

• Earl
  • Renown: 338
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
  • I am the Kwisatz Haderach
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade (Not the Coalition)
  • Game nicks: Boss_Awesome
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2011, 04:13:19 am »
This game has been full of trolls since day one.  I don't think people should be banned for chat offenses unless it is really mean and hurtful.  From what I have observed the BkS guys tend to just tell people they suck which isn't really mean and hurtful, people always tell others they suck at video games, it's been that way since the beginning of the internet.  I really wish that the admins would be a little more reserved with the bannings.  This isn't World of Warcraft where there are 8 million players, and with strategus down we are at risk for losing a big portion of the community already...

Offline 1slander

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2011, 04:14:14 am »
Am I wrong to have found amusement in his chat log?  I said it, I'm not proud of it but tbh it was funny.  Can't a guy relax and play a game.  This isn't the real world its a steam vent - he was blowing off steam.  It's not as though you can't mute him, if I'm not in the mood for his mouth I mute him, if I'm feeling randy I don't.  Don't ask me what feeling randy is because I don't know.  It's funny he brought topics from the forum into the game though.  He is part of the community - troll or not.  I doubt Goretooth was actually offended, cmon.  Besides the living can't hear the dead, and Goretooth is typically the last to go down.  Where as Bojangles...well he's always the first.

Page 2

Offline Rhade

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2011, 05:47:05 am »
I guess I'll throw in the support post. I think that occasionally some members of BkS gets a bit too mouthy and it can certainly offend people. Regardless, I'd call for a mute. The mute option is a beautiful thing. I know that permanent mute doesn't exist, but hey. It solves the issue of a person polluting chat. Either way, I don't like the idea of constant banning occuring to BkS for their tendency to "troll" on chat. They're active players, fun to play with/against. I don't find it hard to avoid letting their "trolling" make me rage, and as long as you don't take everything oh so serious, they aren't bad dudes. Also Harnius gives me highfives.

/highfive

Agreed on all points. Some of us can toe the line sometimes, but toeing the line isn't against the rules.

I agree that Bo overstepped a bit here, even if the whole story isn't being presented or if the admin chat wasn't visible in the logs -- The server rules clearly don't allow racism. Bo was being tk'd repeatedly and attacked without so much as an admin asking the offenders to stop, and I still feel like I have no argument against, nor should I try, to respond to the racism. Some people call that an "absolute" line, and while I personally believe that a word is just a word, I respect the fact that it really does hit a cord with some people so I do avoid it and expect other BkS to, as well, but Bo will be the first to admit he did kind of overstep on the racism. I would have been fine with a mute, I wouldn't have said a thing, I feel anyone who breaks a rule (BkS, ATS, or any random player) should recieve a matching punishment -- but come on, this is a bit much, and some offenders get a "slap on the wrist" in vent for things we get bans for.

Harn, cleverly disguised in cRPG land as Garthicus Shooticus, is the nicest guy you'll ever meet. Seriously.
But even he has a good time in vent and while he isn't one to talk much in-game, it kind of shows you the lack of malice we have in our words when such an obviously stand-up, good guy like Harn has such a good time with us. He's an awesome guy.

To be fair, I do enjoy playing with you guys, and I think you specifically do raise valid game issues and points in the in-game chat, I genuinely enjoy reading your chat comments as they almost always contain truth. However, I still think that Bo' crossed the line.

I really do enjoy playing alongside or against your clan as it always makes the game very tactical as you all have your heads screwed on right and are good players. But still, Bo' did a lot more then joke "I am the best" and unfortunately the jokes he presented did not go over as well as planned.

I appreciate that you guys want to have fun, but in this case, his fun did not "translate" very well.

I also think though that certain players who "accidently" TK certain clan mates of yours should be banned for a period too, as it is completely uncalled for.

But yes, the "mute" feature is a wonderful thing.

We like to fuck around and have fun -- saying "I'm the best" (even if we mean it sometimes, hoping for someone to step up and challenge us for it) is just having a good time.

Agreed, though.

I probably would of joined BKS a week or two ago if I didn't suspect they were going to troll themsleves into a ban somehow.  Pretty good clan imo.  Plus I'm a nasty little troll at heart but nobody likes a troll....so I'm prescious and sweet and kind.

We're invite only, sorry, and Tydeus is really the only guy I've seen so far I have a mind to recruit.

This game has been full of trolls since day one.  I don't think people should be banned for chat offenses unless it is really mean and hurtful.  From what I have observed the BkS guys tend to just tell people they suck which isn't really mean and hurtful, people always tell others they suck at video games, it's been that way since the beginning of the internet.  I really wish that the admins would be a little more reserved with the bannings.  This isn't World of Warcraft where there are 8 million players, and with strategus down we are at risk for losing a big portion of the community already...

Really, at the end of the day, that's all it really is -- We like to have fun, and people may take us wrong sometimes, but.. It's the internet, man. You're right, people are going to be saying things like "lol you suck" until Al Gore turns the switch off. srsly guys. srsly.

Besides, I don't think there should be a punishment for being honest. If my girlfriend asks me if her dress makes her look fat, and it does, I'll tell her yes. If she gets mad I'm not going to be a bitch and say "omg babe im so sorry" -- I was being honest, and honesty is the mark of a good person. If someone (who wasn't trolling) said genuinely that I suck, I don't take it personally, it drives me harder to improve. Haters gon' hate, though.

<3

Anyway, I hope Bo gets unbanned. I'll give him a "slap on the wrist" in vent as Native got from you last night, Gash, and we can all continue playing. You guys can even use this as motivation to put us in our place or something, get together and start going after us or something, I hope it happens.

gg

Offline Gash

• Count
  • Renown: 151
  • Infamy: 29
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS/Occitan
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2011, 06:05:42 am »
Since Devil is away; unbanned for now.

Rhade; Native wouldn't be spouting racist comments in chat. No wrist-slapping needed. Can't compare apples and oranges.  :wink:

CRPG NA Server Admin