Author Topic: BkS_Bojangles banned?  (Read 8316 times)

Offline Trippin

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: BkS_Bojangles banned?
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2011, 04:21:15 am »
Who were you in Darkfall?

I was Hippie Virtus (god damn it, I am going to regret revealing that). FYI I was actually in Black Shields for three months before I quit the game (Darkfall) permanently, which was just before they switched their tags to Zealot.

Offline Darkwulf

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2011, 06:04:19 am »
Devilize can't unban him because he is on vacation this week.

Offline Loki

• Count
  • Renown: 228
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
  • I don't know karate, but I know crazy.
    • View Profile
    • The Fallen Brigade
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Loki
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2011, 11:05:42 am »
Bummer.

I like the BkS players, I think they're all skilled at mount & blade which raises the bar.  But you guys seriously need to stop using chat.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2011, 11:24:04 am »
Oh god damn thats some epic trolling going on here :lol:

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2011, 02:04:07 pm »
Oh god damn thats some epic trolling going on here :lol:

Indeed.  The unban threads are by far the best place to get your lulz on the forums.   :lol:
Anyways, chat offense, should just be muted.  That's what the mute button is for after all.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Search

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2011, 07:25:43 pm »
I had problems with some BkS guys in the past.  I muted a few and it almost started a mutiny on the server (which was pretty hilarious).  That said, the most obnoxious of the bunch was Bojangles, so I just muted him immediately.  I don't see the need for a ban.  Unless someone is making racist comments, I say just mute them.

Hate to bring it up again but really it felt like you were looking for any reason to "pick" on us. The situation was people camping a tower and we were outside waiting for MoF and you call me out when theres still around 10 players alive and say you are going to kick me for leeching because I was behind a wall from their archers...so instead of saying "oh mb I didnt realize what you guys were doing" you got defensive cause we called you out. You then proceded to mute everyone of us instead of just trying to talk to us. I think you even kicked someone but I might be thinking of another issue. The entire server was even saying wtf...

But anyways we havent had an issue since and I think we all kinda figured each other out so its civil now....
Again not trying to start another war just wanted to explain the situation that happend.

Offline Chasab

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2011, 07:31:21 pm »
Hate to bring it up again but really it felt like you were looking for any reason to "pick" on us. The situation was people camping a tower and we were outside waiting for MoF and you call me out when theres still around 10 players alive and say you are going to kick me for leeching because I was behind a wall from their archers...so instead of saying "oh mb I didnt realize what you guys were doing" you got defensive cause we called you out. You then proceded to mute everyone of us instead of just trying to talk to us. I think you even kicked someone but I might be thinking of another issue. The entire server was even saying wtf...

But anyways we havent had an issue since and I think we all kinda figured each other out so its civil now....
Again not trying to start another war just wanted to explain the situation that happend.

i was on search's team, and i can verify that this did happen almost exactly as posted. However i will say one thing, BKS in general seem to troll and troll with the ultimate goal of getting punished and then exploding with anger about being punished. BKS is the fox news of Warband.

Offline 1slander

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Timing that sidestep is key to the 1h battle axe
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NORD
  • Game nicks: Araios, Pallas, Hammer. Formerly DRAC & Duke_of_Hazard
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2011, 07:50:39 pm »
BKS lives solely for the purpose of luring people into 1 vs 1 native battles.  It reminds me of Mcgruber where the guy kept putting his chest out and saying 'you wanna go!' - the old 80's adage.  It's exactly like that, but worse cause they're being serious ingame about it and won't let up.

They have some good players though.  I'll give them that.  But not all of them, some.  I dunno on this guy - never heard of him.  I think he's a straggler.
Float like a butterfly sting like an axe

Offline Search

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2011, 08:19:33 pm »
I wont lie,  we enjoy getting under peoples skin. It brings out the best competition, people see us and remember something we said and they try a little harder to kill us. I will agree that sometimes outside looking in it may seem like we are "nerd raging" or "chest thumpers" but really we are just "trollin" looking to get trolled back. BUT I dont know if its the community or what, you guys just take us seriously and use any small instance to try and "punk" us or something by bannings and mutes. Which is fine I am not taking sides, I just want fair treatment. I don't think that is too much to ask lol.

edit: about the 1v1 on native, we really only call people out when they say we aren't good or they are better so we ask for 1v1's and to us native is the most "balanced" in terms of a duel
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 08:21:48 pm by Search »

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2011, 08:26:15 pm »
I'd suggest just tone down the trolling and in your face talk. Not saying completely being a dead moth in chat but a few of your clanmates troll the chat looking for fights. Just ask once if they wanna 1v1 on a duel server don't push for it constantly every round.

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2011, 08:29:11 pm »
The idea that "games" are solely for fun, is completely false. SOME people only play for "fun". I for one play for competition, to which BkS tends to give a lot of. What you guys need to realize is that warband, when compared to the rest of the current pc games, is a highly competitive game. When you run out of people to play you, the only thing left to do is to put on the face of a bad guy. It's because of this that people give them so much shit. Sure they troll but I shouldn't have to remind anyone that it's not against the rules to simply "troll".

I've also seen several instances of people purposely attacking BkS members, to which admins do nothing. This community in general has been pretty terrible towards them and whether BkS or Bojangles provokes or not, shouldn't matter. As far as the ban goes, that's about as unjustified as it gets, not surprising considering it was Goretooth who banned though. It'd be nice to see exactly what Ecko said, to help draw the perspective from bojangles' side. Still, Goretooth saide 24 hours, it's been much longer than that, just unban him already. Leaving this thread unlocked for people to simply say "I hate BkS and so does everyone else" isn't helping anything.

I'd also like to ask that all admins reserve the ban key for that which cannot be solved by a mute.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Rhade

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BkS_Rhade
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2011, 09:58:13 pm »
I find it amusing that people say we take the game too seriously, yet they're banning people for saying mean things over the intertubes.

They can't just play the game and relax without letting that mean kid in the corner getting to them, but we are the ones who take things too seriously?

It's a game. People are going to play differently -- some don't talk, some like to talk, but being a talker shouldn't get you banned. If you don't want to listen to someone like Bo, then hit esc, choose "mute player", scroll down and mute him and the problem is solved.

I understand some people don't like us, but I know there are a lot out there who do. We have people regularly target us and try to bring us down in whatever way possible, you guys have to understand that I have honestly tried being genuinely nice and civil but it's impossible when people are regularly coming at me and my clan. We play this game to compete, and we have fun doing so -- We "troll" (People saying mean things on the internet, how will any of you ever survive?) to illicit more competition because, quite honestly, we don't really have much at the moment, in native or crpg. When you've never lost a scrim and most of your members have never lost a duel series, the game starts to get dull, and you want whoever you're fighting to be wearing their tryhard pants at all times to improve to get better to challenge you. Not only does playfully taking shots at people achieve this, some idle banter makes the game more enjoyable and adds a bit of flavor to things that can otherwise become stale.

Stop taking everything so seriously, we're accused of being some sort of criminals but I can pretty easily say that a decent part of you, if we're criminals, are 80 year olds living in a retirement home yelling "TURN THAT MUSIC DOWN HEEERRRRR". Yeah, we cause a bit of trouble here and there, but those of you who have such a deep problem with it should really stop being such sticks in the mud and relax. Both sides can just recognize the other for what it is and live and let live -- if you don't like it, just mute someone, if you don't know how to mute someone you can PM me and we can go through it together, I'll fucking write you a tutorial on how to do it, I promise.

More on topic, I know some of you higher-ups at ATS have past experience with Bo from Darkfall, but honestly, I think letting that reflect onto his treatment here is a bit silly. This is a different game, and his offenses, if you can call them that, are relatively minor in this situation. Honestly, chat offenses should just result in mutes. I'd understand a ban if he was always tk'ing his team non stop or doing something to physically grief, but just because you don't like what someone says?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 09:59:31 pm by Rhade »

Offline 1slander

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Timing that sidestep is key to the 1h battle axe
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NORD
  • Game nicks: Araios, Pallas, Hammer. Formerly DRAC & Duke_of_Hazard
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2011, 10:23:36 pm »
I suggest to ban all of them on the simple grounds of tomfoolery all across the board!  Tomfoolery superceded by such outrageous acts as -

1) the open ended challenge
2) the chatty chat chatty
3) the skillz to pay the billz
4) the horrific offenses occured in said game DF
5) the use of adjectives to describe faces of color other than vanilla
6) the use of spamming attacks followed by ridicule upon success

These are only to name a few of the tomfoolery offences occurred on todays date and every day beforehand since the inception of BKS into our good and proper ranks and roster of  upstanding members.  Membership should come as a privelage not a demand!  In the good words of LLJK - $10 please.
Float like a butterfly sting like an axe

Offline Zanthos

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: White Company
  • Game nicks: Zanthos_WCo
  • IRC nick: Zanthos
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2011, 10:29:16 pm »
I always find the 'take things less seriously' argument to be a huge joke and not any point of defense to stand on. The reason many people play is to relax and have fun. When you intentionally instigate people, you are doing so HOPING they take your trolling seriously enough to give you their reaction. It just happens in this case, someone got frustrated enough with it they reached for the Ban button instead of Mute. Besides, just because some people like to explain their thoughts doesn't mean they are taking things incredibly serious... it just means they are actually using that thing between their ears before they speak on a subject.

When you want to troll, remember to be sure not to cross that line that will cause a reaction like the one with Bojangles... whether it is a knee-jerk or worse (see: Balton). Granted, in this case I was present for a majority of the events that took place and I didn't even reach for the mute button. I did ask in admin chat at one point for everyone to knock it off a bit and was going to kick for the TKs if they continued or mute people if things went further in-chat... but nothing happened immediately after that statement and I left right before the ban.

There are a lot of trolls in this community just like any other... but most of those trolls still make sure they don't completely piss off the entire community they are in by talking down to everyone and realize it IS just that, a community. Everyone in that community wants to log in, play, and have fun regardless of their skill level. The reason a large majority of people react poorly to the events like this one are because of the way a lot of the Bks players have acted towards them. This may be the vibe you want your clan to have with everyone, and that's fine... but don't be shocked at the overwhelming negative responses and willingness to do anything in your favor. This doesn't necessarily go for all BkS in all situations. I've actually seen moments of civilized chat in the game from a few members and Search always seems to be in non-troll mode when I've seen him type.

All that said - I don't take much of what BkS says/does seriously in any way, especially since they openly admit to the trolling. I also don't necessarily think he deserves a permanent ban over what happened and hope/assume that Devilize will lift the ban eventually when he gets back, essay or not. Each individual can mute players in-game... and admins can always just mute the player on the server when things are getting out of hand. It's when things get taken to another level that you will usually see the kind of reaction that occurred in this case. Just remember though, there are quite a few admins and it only takes pissing off one of them enough to get banned... and everyone has different tolerance levels.

Offline Rhade

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BkS_Rhade
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2011, 10:29:22 pm »
I suggest to ban all of them on the simple grounds of tomfoolery all across the board!  Tomfoolery superceded by such outrageous acts as -

1) the open ended challenge
2) the chatty chat chatty
3) the skillz to pay the billz
4) the horrific offenses occured in said game DF
5) the use of adjectives to describe faces of color other than vanilla
6) the use of spamming attacks followed by ridicule upon success

These are only to name a few of the tomfoolery offences occurred on todays date and every day beforehand since the inception of BKS into our good and proper ranks and roster of  upstanding members.  Membership should come as a privelage not a demand!  In the good words of LLJK - $10 please.

See, this kid's trying to troll, but observe how to deal with such attempts, children, and marvel:

Haters gon' hate.

@Zanthos

Idk man, I think it's kind of telling when we're the ones sitting in vent enjoying each other's company and laughing, having a good time playing a game and other people are obviously so visibly upset that they feel the need to permanently remove someone from a server. Who's the one who needs to relax? I think if more people just took it easy and didn't take everything quite so seriously, things wouldn't really need to escalate. If I was walking down the street and some guy ran up to me and was like "OMG I'M WAY BETTER AT DANCING THAN YOU ARE," I'd say, "Great dude." and keep walking. I wouldn't run crying to Obama and ask him to be executed (banned from IRL) because he hurt my feelings.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 10:39:13 pm by Rhade »