Author Topic: How to not get raped in Medieval 2!  (Read 37332 times)

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Re: How to not get raped in Medieval 2!
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2012, 06:10:59 am »
Also, EB is cake. Srs. No Pope to constantly tell you not to kill things every turn while those things kill you. Also, 100x easier to ambush in EB.

Yeah I agree.

After a few turns I managed to turn Karthago into a huge powerhouse, I constantly have 10k 20k mai and do constant trainings and ship stacks of either fresh or re-trained units to italy all the time.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2012, 08:28:08 am »
Damn. I edited the file for 2 turns per year, but my damn characters still age 1 year per turn. Got any ideast? It just bothers me that it takes 3 years for my viking invadors from Norway to reach Scottland.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2012, 03:25:52 pm »
I don't get the big deal...it's an abstraction for gameplay. If you go to 2 or 4 turns it would take forever to get new technology too.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2012, 04:35:38 pm »
It wont take that long. If I just put it half a year per turn. it just frustrates me that I cannont have a favorite among generals and use their perks properly cause they die just soo fast. Craploads of time goes either being in a ship, walking forever 1 town to the next, waiting for the popes excommunicationtreat to expire and refilling the garrison to have my armies move on. So anyway. Any1 know how to edit a file so that in Stainless Steel 1 turn is half a year and that it also applies to the characters age aswell?

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2012, 02:42:22 pm »
Tried a campaign as France on medium for the lols. Its turn 37 now and I am at war with Milan, England, Denmark and Portugal. Kicking their butts in battle so hard, their armies still suck and they keep attacking without generals. I am excommunicated ofcourse, but I don't think I even care at all or will care in the future. I can easily take the happiness hits for my population and all my neighbours are at war with me already anyway. I have now taken Rennes and Caen which England controlled. I have taken Genoa and I am besieging Milan. Took Bruges from Denmark and besieging Antwerp or whatever settlement it is. I have been first ranked in everything since turn 25.

I gain about 8k a turn when I don't construct or recruit, which I always do. I have about two full stacks running around and apart from that just milita defending my towns. Prince Louis has full command and dread now, I am already pretty much unstoppable.

Dunno what you are doing wrong OP, but this is the easiest campaign I've ever played.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2012, 03:24:17 pm »
Medieval 2 isn't hard. As long as you win in battle mode, campaign mode is just something to fiddle with.

Shogun 2 is much harder campaign wise because the AI spams stacks a lot more. And in my Fall of the Samurai campaign it actually did a cunning move by landing an army on my island to the northeast which has no defense practically.

I prefer Medieval 2 though, for the mods. And I don't really care about Japan.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 03:25:50 pm by Ninja_Khorin »

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2012, 03:51:46 pm »
medieval 2 is not hard at all  you should try europa universalis 3  now thats hard
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2012, 05:03:03 pm »
medieval 2 is not hard at all  you should try europa universalis 3  now thats hard
Not all that much harder, but you can get very unlucky.

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2012, 05:23:09 pm »
main difficulty in EU3 is that allies actualy come and help and u can easily get gangbanged by 4 or 5 minor factions
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2012, 05:27:17 pm »
Medieval 2 isn't hard. As long as you win in battle mode, campaign mode is just something to fiddle with.

Shogun 2 is much harder campaign wise because the AI spams stacks a lot more. And in my Fall of the Samurai campaign it actually did a cunning move by landing an army on my island to the northeast which has no defense practically.

I prefer Medieval 2 though, for the mods. And I don't really care about Japan.

Shogun 2 legendary mode is really hard. I've only managed to beat it with Shimuza clan, got my ass kicked on legendary for all clans I've tried (date, ikko, hattori). Shogun 2 also fixes a lot of the bad AI issues in Medieval 2. Really hope the next TW is Medieval 3 with this new superior engine (tho I would settle for Rome 2).

Try "Magna Mundi" mod for EU3, adds a lot more depth and difficulty. They are actually releasing it as a stand-alone game. It's basically EU4.
http://www.paradoxplaza.com/games/magna-mundi
I think release date is June 30, really looking forward to it.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Zen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2012, 08:21:04 pm »
+1
Med3, Rome2... Already have those eras.

I'd die for a sci-fi total war with space battles and ground battles where every planet has a few regions(for example continents) which you have to conquer with your land armies..
Or reinnaisance starting from late medieval to 1700 or so if they want to be lazy and reskin another total war.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 08:22:10 pm by Ninja_Khorin »

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2012, 08:51:20 pm »
+1
I'd die for a sci-fi total war with space battles and ground battles where every planet has a few regions(for example continents) which you have to conquer with your land armies.
Get out!  :evil:

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Zen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2012, 08:57:14 pm »
u jelly I'm smarter than you.

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2012, 09:21:29 pm »
If you want to have the biggest face palms in Med 2 play as any nation and fight Novgorod / Kiev early era. All they do is spam junior militia and... ./facepalm.

3000 Novgorod army (2500 of it juniors) vs 500ish Kievan(about 300 javelin men, 1 spear militia, 1 druzhina). Kiev wins with 138 casualties. ./facepalm.

France is OP. Nuff said.

And that idea would be great Khorin. I remember back when I played WC3 there was a custom map that implemented that. There were 4-6 different worlds that had a certain number of resource giving areas that you captured. Then you tech up and make a spacecraft on the ground. Launch that into space and build a space station and from there you can build space troops. To invade other planets you take transports to ground level and fill them up and send them out again. (all on different maps, but during same game)

Was freaking AWESOME. Unless the game lasted too long. You could literally fill the land maps shoulder to shoulder with turrets and make landing impossible. I don't think they had a space to ground weapon patched in yet when I stopped.

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 54
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2012, 10:20:07 pm »
Med3, Rome2... Already have those eras.

I'd die for a sci-fi total war with space battles and ground battles where every planet has a few regions(for example continents) which you have to conquer with your land armies..
Or reinnaisance starting from late medieval to 1700 or so if they want to be lazy and reskin another total war.

YES.  :twisted: