Author Topic: Ban: DaggothUr Poll Abuse  (Read 1352 times)

Offline Treat

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Ban: DaggothUr Poll Abuse
« on: May 09, 2012, 07:21:34 am »
While playing DTV EU7 tonight. I had just retired last night so I am still a fairly low level so killing stuff is difficult but I try my best every round, and out of no where DaggothUr poll bans me for no reason. My score was 2-2... 12:18 American central time. People are abusing the polls by kicking/banning people because they don't fight up to the standard of the level 30's. DaggothUr and some other are abusing the polls for their own good and i dont believe this is right. :/

I do not have a screenshot so an admin would have to check the logs. Kinda hard to get a screen shot when I am banned for no reason.

EDIT: I am in vent with a few other people that are still on EU7, and they keep telling me about poll bans going on for no reason at all... Please check the logs, and give punishment accordingly!

On my character Tiny_Teemo.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 07:36:32 am by Treat »

Offline Tyrianstrasz

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Ban: DaggothUr Poll Abuse
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 08:18:03 am »
I've seen him do stuff like this before, he got kicked once from DTV after failing to pollkick the peasant gear players.

Offline Treat

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 09:56:48 am »
It shouldn't be acceptable to pool kick/ban someone just because they are a low level, or are doing poorly on scores. They need to be legit reasons such as constant team wounding/killing, or intentional leeching with proof. That's why I want to have this kid punished because its just not right to kick people because you don't approve of them. Poll abuse is a real problem. I'm not sure if people can be banned for constantly doing it though. : S

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 04:41:09 pm »
I was there when this happened, and, even though it might be cruel to get banned for 1 hour, I agree with him. Low levels shouldn't be playing DTV since they can't kill and they make more bots spawn. And you are requesting a big ban on him for a poll he started and everyone else agreed on?

I once requested a ban on two players who banned me in DTV a long time ago and they weren't banned. So, let it go, and listen to his advice: play DTV when you have a higher level.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 04:42:30 pm by Mikelon »

Offline Treat

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 11:19:32 pm »
Unlike most people I can carry my weight in DTV. He poll banned for no reason at all besides he felt like it. That is POLL ABUSE.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 11:55:57 pm »
I know this is might be a bit off-topic, but what were you be playing as? And in what way, you did contribute to your team?
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Ptolemy

• Weeaboo
  • Count
  • Renown: 257
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
  • Game nicks: Nomin
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 03:32:13 am »
I was there. He was trying to contribute, even if you're a low level and can't kill anything that doesn't mean that you shouldn't be allowed to play the game type. Should we ban peasants from siege and battle because they can't do anything but get killed repeatedly? No, we shouldn't. I don't agree with a ban in this case though, but he does need to be warned and told in no uncertain terms that polling people that haven't broken any rules is unacceptable and if he continues should get him a ban.

That's my 2 cents.

Offline Treat

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 06:12:35 am »
I was there. He was trying to contribute, even if you're a low level and can't kill anything that doesn't mean that you shouldn't be allowed to play the game type. Should we ban peasants from siege and battle because they can't do anything but get killed repeatedly? No, we shouldn't. I don't agree with a ban in this case though, but he does need to be warned and told in no uncertain terms that polling people that haven't broken any rules is unacceptable and if he continues should get him a ban.

That's my 2 cents.

Thank you! I totally agree with this.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 09:36:52 am »
Well I didn't accuse you of doing anything. In Defend the Virgin, as long as you do not kamikaze to the bots; being low level and doing your best is a good way of playing in my opinion.

You still haven't answered me. What were you doing there? Reinforcing the shieldwall? Using a long spear or shooting ranged from behind to support melee? Pulling some bots to somewhere? Just what?
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Treat

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 07:22:54 am »
I was using my longsword to hack away at the bots that aggro'd on shielders. Nothing to merit a poll ban...

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 11:59:21 am »
Very uncool. Sorry, busy at work, will look at it later if i have time.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 03:08:47 pm »
There's an NA DTV server. What the fuck were you doing in EU? When I see low lvl noobs with 180+ ping dying on the first wave every single time, it's leeching. I particularly like how you called all your other retard 180+ ping buddies to come and be a useless drain on the team, that was fun.
Your score was 2-2? And you think that's pulling your weight? I don't think you understand how DTV works.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2012, 03:11:35 pm »

That's my 2 cents.

Fortunately Siege and Battle have something called "BALANCE", where, in theory, the useless players are shunted off equally between the teams so their mutual incompetence cancels each other out. On DTV it doesnt matter if you are lvl 31 wearing plate or a lvl 1 pitchfork peasant with 300+ ping, the exact same ammount of extra bots will spawn. I don't give a fuck if you ARE a lvl 1 pitchfork peasant, as long as you pull your weight, and team doesn't have to constantly lose at bandit or even peasant wave over and over.

I don't regret it at all, because you know what? As soon as all the useless cunts were gone, and the team had only people that were pulling their weight (some low lvls, some even with 200+ ping, but still usefull) we were getting to at least vikings on a regular basis.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 03:14:38 pm by Oberyn »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Treat

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2012, 05:25:56 pm »
There's an NA DTV server. What the fuck were you doing in EU? When I see low lvl noobs with 180+ ping dying on the first wave every single time, it's leeching. I particularly like how you called all your other retard 180+ ping buddies to come and be a useless drain on the team, that was fun.
Your score was 2-2? And you think that's pulling your weight? I don't think you understand how DTV works.

Yes, there is an NA DTV server, but apparently you know anything about it because the people that frequent it are retarded. How dare you accuse me of bringing in people on purpose to make it harder on high level players... You are a complete idiot if you think that! Who are you to judge if my 2-2 was holding my own weight... I could show you multiple people with 0-3+ scores, and you never booted them... I could have been killed from getting knockdown spammed, or getting triple teamed by staff wielders. Sometimes you just cant survive in DTV if you get swarmed. You never gave me the chance to show I can get more kills you just assumed that I was incapable when in reality if I am 30 I would kick your ass. I perfectly understand how DTV works I play on NA all the time, and CARRY PEOPLE WITHOUT BEING AN ASS HOLE! Quit being such an arrogant fuck, and give some consideration to other people who play DTV.

Sorry for language, but Oberyn is a jerk. He deserves a ban as punishment! He is super cocky, and think poll abuse is ok if he can get himself to a higher round....

Very uncool. Sorry, busy at work, will look at it later if i have time.

Thank you. I appreciate it!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 06:29:40 pm by Treat »

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2012, 07:14:48 pm »
Oberyn, you cannot go around banpolling people in DTV for 'not carrying their own weight'.

However justified you may feel for starting that poll, you are not allowed to start polls for incompetence. If you feel like your teammates suck too much go to another server or come back later. Or ask them to leave, politly. You should not bully people off the server with polls, even if the majority agrees.

That said, i will not ban Oberyn / DaggothUr for this, because he has no history of poll abuse. I will assume a warning will suffice.

Locking the thread to prevent any more flaming. Both of you calm down, relax and try to be more civil.

It's a game guys. Try to enjoy it without ruining it for eachother.