Author Topic: Day Z mod for ARMA II  (Read 153266 times)

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
Re: Day Z mod for ARMA II
« Reply #360 on: May 24, 2012, 11:42:14 pm »
All the bodies disappear now on player respawn.....

No more looting :/
Just a soldier

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 24, 2012, 11:50:25 pm »

Hm I just looted two guys I killed.. about 3 minutes after I killed them. Could also be that they just haven't spawned back yet.

Offline Logen

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 385
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 25, 2012, 12:25:28 am »
Hm I just looted two guys I killed..
bandit scum

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #363 on: May 25, 2012, 12:52:53 am »
Hm I just looted two guys I killed.. about 3 minutes after I killed them. Could also be that they just haven't spawned back yet.

I don't think you can leave, create a character and rejoin the server in 3 minutes. At least not possble for me due to loading time.  :lol:
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
« Reply #364 on: May 25, 2012, 01:05:01 am »

But what about going back to get your own body????

I died a few times to incredibly stupid stuff (like falling off a 3 foot drop with full hp) and stupid zed encounters that could have been avoided, and i got my stuff back because i got to my bodies before looters did... you telling me thats not gonna be an option anymore? :/

(also alot of bandits are stupid and dont know to ALSO check your backpack, not just your inventory because they are seperate)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 25, 2012, 01:14:45 am »
bandit scum

Stop right there criminal scum !

I just installed the mod now. My first two lives where quite pathetic but I imagine it's the same for everybody. Even worse for those that spawn at night and didn't even take the time to look at the controls first.

First life I managed to throw a flare on the ground then immediately proceeded to swim and lost all my items in the process except the makarov of course. I didn't knew I could grab the flare so I just ran to the second closest light source. I followed a sort of flare trail probably from another noob and it guided me to docks where I fell in the sea (it seems I like it). I couldn't do or see anything so I respawned.
Second life (no pun intented), I realised I could run with a flare in hand so I did that, found a road, followed the road. After one minute I saw some sort of burning zombie, took my gun without extinguishing my flare and I just stood there waiting for it to come closer then I understood it was another player. He came closer and we both had our flares burning and our guns out, so I typed hi in chat. A very intense minute of silence occured then he shot me. I laughed so hard at the absurdity of this.

I think I'm making progress, I killed six zombies and found a tin can during my third life. But I didn't knew how to use bandages so I died of blood loss xD

Sorry for this post if you don't enjoy pathetic stories. I'd be happy to play with other cRPGers once I know the basics though.

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #366 on: May 25, 2012, 01:18:55 am »
That's better than me, I wanted to try the mod, was on early hours of the morning, couldn't see shit, put a flare down, drank my water straight away. Saw some russian text in chat and got scared and logged off.
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 25, 2012, 01:34:56 am »
Xaxaxa

Seeing an old ad written in cyrillic rushes you into the atmosphere.

Btw, I wonder whether there are psychos that keep the music volume at a decently high level. I mean, it's almost as pleasant as that of Dead Space, I think I will mute it entirely.

Note : I am not a survival horror fan at all (mainly because the actual survival horrors with limited ammo and constant tention, not the zombie shooting action games, do have effects I do not seek) but this mod is really different.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #368 on: May 25, 2012, 02:16:57 am »
Earlier I respawned, started looting a warehouse and got attacked by a bandit with an assault rifle. I turned around and killed him with the Makarov (lol), then proceeded to loot all kinds of shit from him (AK74 Kobra, Alice Pack, GPS, a Blood Pack that was very useful since he left me at ~2k blood...) and ran away.
Some bandits are really stupid, why the fuck would you attack the noob who has nothing (and even worse, fail at it)?

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #369 on: May 25, 2012, 03:25:33 am »
Earlier I respawned, started looting a warehouse and got attacked by a bandit with an assault rifle. I turned around and killed him with the Makarov (lol), then proceeded to loot all kinds of shit from him (AK74 Kobra, Alice Pack, GPS, a Blood Pack that was very useful since he left me at ~2k blood...) and ran away.
Some bandits are really stupid, why the fuck would you attack the noob who has nothing (and even worse, fail at it)?

Had this with so many bandits. Today me and Lorenzo were at the air strip. He ran past a container and a bandit who was hiding in it shot him with an AK. I think he knew I was there still as he fired a warning shot, then it came down to a waiting game. Who would get curious first and stick their head out. All this time Lorenzo was on his way back from spawn at Kamenka. Not exactly far. The bandit eventually got bored and took a look through the gap between the door and the container, where I promptly shot him with a winchester I had looted earlier. We got so much gear from that one guy it was insane...simply because he failed hard at camping a spot for more than 5mins even though he knew Lorenzo wasn't alone.

After that was even better. We ran up the hill straight into a bandit who was lying prone. He pumped a load of bullets into me and had to reload, upon which I emptied my entire clip point blank into him and killed him and then someone further up the hill started shooting. I was bleeding and had two broken bones. By the time I bandaged myself I had 250 blood left (was fing close). Lorenzo gave me a super fast blood transfusion behind a tree and whilst I was injecting myself with morphine and still being shot at Lorenzo got behind the guy and killed him. Again we got a ton of loot.

We've gotten way more equipment from stupid bandits who were hunting worthless noob survivors than from any actual scavenging. One bandit gave us a knife, compass, matches, map, binocs, watch, new pistol with around 8-10 clips, an alice pack and several other stuff. The other guys simply topped that off. It's just hilarious when you manage to catch an arsewipe bandit off guard. I ended that with 6 or so zombie kills and 2 bandit kills. All on one raid on the air strip in which we didn't even go into the hangars. No need.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 03:28:02 am by Overdriven »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 25, 2012, 07:58:47 am »

Funny enough, I hunt newbies for the Makarov ammo :lol:
I use the Makarov to clear out zombies since it doesn't make that much of a noise than my AKS74U Kobra. I use the AR for PvP and the gun for zombos.

Also: broken my bones when vaulting over a sandbag yesterday, lol

Offline Phyrex

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Overlord_Phyrex
« Reply #371 on: May 25, 2012, 10:27:50 am »
I think it's high time for an e-peen/brag post.

[brag] I prefer playing at night since I have these really rare Night Vision googles which let me see in pitch black darkness. These NV googles are also compatible with my DMR Sniper Rifle, letting me snipe in the dark. Should I aggro Zombies, which never happen, in theory, I'll just pull out my Silenced M9  pistol and shot it in the head, avoiding further Z threats.

I'm surviving on day 25 now, soon a full month, biggest contributor to that has to be my backpack. I'm carrying the Coyote one, the largest of them all with 24 slots. Plenty of supplies, don't need that much room to be honest, that's why I also carry a Silenced M4 Assault Rifle, to fill out the gaps. With just a press of a button I can change my main weapon with ease. From long range 'one shot, one kill' to up close, stealthy, silenced death.

I'm the ultimate terror in the night, the unseen monster cloaked in perpetual shadow. I can't die, I'm invincible and I'm coming for you, be very afraid. 

Bask in the radiance of my divine glory, mortals.[/brag]

Trolololol

I've grown bored of the mod already, nothing to do in-game anymore. :p
Free Bjordhinn!

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 25, 2012, 10:46:21 am »
I think it's high time for an e-peen/brag post.

[brag] I prefer playing at night since I have these really rare Night Vision googles which let me see in pitch black darkness. These NV googles are also compatible with my DMR Sniper Rifle, letting me snipe in the dark. Should I aggro Zombies, which never happen, in theory, I'll just pull out my Silenced M9  pistol and shot it in the head, avoiding further Z threats.

I'm surviving on day 25 now, soon a full month, biggest contributor to that has to be my backpack. I'm carrying the Coyote one, the largest of them all with 24 slots. Plenty of supplies, don't need that much room to be honest, that's why I also carry a Silenced M4 Assault Rifle, to fill out the gaps. With just a press of a button I can change my main weapon with ease. From long range 'one shot, one kill' to up close, stealthy, silenced death.

I'm the ultimate terror in the night, the unseen monster cloaked in perpetual shadow. I can't die, I'm invincible and I'm coming for you, be very afraid.

Bask in the radiance of my divine glory, mortals.[/brag]

Trolololol

I've grown bored of the mod already, nothing to do in-game anymore. :p

xD

What I would give for night vision goggles

Maybe try taking out entire bandit groups at night ? That should be possible either with your sniper or the silenced M9. Or help newbies. There will always be one that will shoot you so you can respawn  :lol:

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #373 on: May 25, 2012, 10:52:30 am »
Could some of you guys post some screens?
Just to get a better impression about the mod.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 25, 2012, 10:53:52 am »
Could some of you guys post some screens?
Just to get a better impression about the mod.

Best is to watch videos. Or did you mean screens to our own stories?