Author Topic: Day Z mod for ARMA II  (Read 152911 times)

Offline Spleen

• Earl
  • Renown: 310
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • But I am already in my pyjamas...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spleen
  • IRC nick: Spleeno
Re: Day Z mod for ARMA II
« Reply #915 on: June 26, 2012, 06:01:28 pm »
Well I died more to bugs than to other players or zombies. actually - never zombies...
but thats nothing new, its always been this way, but now that 50k ppl play a alpha somehow the expectations are higher...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #916 on: June 26, 2012, 07:00:18 pm »
Btw guys i dont know if you are using this map for dayZ but it tells you each loot spot, the value of that spot, all the deer stands, even what type of vehicles spawn where, along with coords and eveything

http://dayzdb.com/map#4.043.058

Try pressing a loot spot it tells you exactly what will drop along with a picture of that building/vehicle
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: June 26, 2012, 07:51:45 pm »
m4 reddot flashlight 6 clips, 50 cal with 3 clips, ghillie suite, nightvission and provisions, heading south to  fuck shit up , am in a small building in middle of nowhere looking for food, get hit through wall by zombie, insta break leg and unconcious, long unconcious thingy, get eaten by shitloads of spawns, thank you piss mod pisses me off qq
Exactly what made me GTX, a month ago. Today I first dared to go back in, but that is not fixed? Nevermind then.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #918 on: June 26, 2012, 08:04:26 pm »
i'm afraid some issues are armaII problem and thus this mod will "kinda suck" all the time...
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline ulya

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: June 26, 2012, 09:47:46 pm »
+1
A lot "armaII problems" have already been fixed by mods, and since rocket has full support of Bohemia a lot things that he wants to have fixed will get fixed.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #920 on: June 26, 2012, 11:29:29 pm »
Well, when I played yesterday again after some weeks all of a sudden I had pretty much no fun.

We were 3 guys, sprinkled all over the map, and we couldnt find ANY weapon except a little crowbar ONCE in 3 hours of playtime.

The best thing we found were some magazines.

And since you start without any weapons now beeing spotted by zombies is almost death sentence.Occasionally you manage to get away, but thats rather rare, especially if you dont have anything to defend you.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: June 27, 2012, 12:07:53 am »
+1
Lies, the zombies still can't catch you if you keep running. Just lose them in a building.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: June 27, 2012, 03:18:25 am »
+1
we couldnt find ANY weapon except a little crowbar ONCE in 3 hours of playtime.

fucked up server

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #923 on: June 27, 2012, 07:54:27 am »
Lies, the zombies still can't catch you if you keep running. Just lose them in a building.

Yeah, the thing is, sometimes you cant really lose them in a building.They follow you up close.And if you are bleeding already, you can only run until you are dead.

or another case: I got followed out of kamenka by, dunno, maybe 6 Zombies, and ran to the lighthouse.Once inside I immediately went up the stairs, where I waited for 10 minutes(Also broke my bones because I crouched and looked inside the wall...gay), and the zombies still wouldnt go away.They had clearly lost my sight and such, beeing slightly scattered in front of the entrance, but how am I supposed to get away from there if they dont move?And since I had nothing found still, I just let them kill myself and started anew.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Niemand

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • When have I ever given a fuck?
    • View Profile
    • echstreme.designs
  • Faction: Strat: NPC
  • Game nicks: GSU_GlaucomysDragon
« Reply #924 on: June 27, 2012, 08:25:48 am »
stairs and ladders are the most dangerous thing on this mod
dont forget the doors. one of our guys broke his leg twice on a door already. Another one got hit through the stairs by a zed that was below. I had a broken bone twice (by Zeds). Next guy broke his bone (by Zeds) several times.

This is the game of broken bones and proning. -.-

Dunno why we are addicted to it. I am alive around 2 days now, maybe 3. We had a bus and went to the international airport. two of us four died there. One had a broken bone. Lucky we had an autoinjector with us. The Zeds respawned in the instant we shot them. They swarmed us pretty bad. I did go in with an AKM and 2 or 3 Mags and a 1911 with around 4 Mags. Both kill with one shot and I did not use the full-auto-mode of the AK. (i did semi-shots with my mouseklicks. :D)
When we met outside on a field I had 3 Shots left in my AK... and none in my Pistol.

Before that we found a car and two of our 8-men-group got shot by some guy on a bike who did follow them to our meeting-spot. Lucky our sniper was there, too. Unlucky the car exploded. :D

Later we found a player named "Shashlyk". We saw him go into a barn and leave again. I tried to write to him but he didnt see it. Maybe he was out of range (around 50 meters away). He did crawl in our direction, our sniper did go mad a bit, aiming at him but I was able to hold him back. Just when I wanted to write "friendly?" the other guy drew his AK. Bad luck, our sniper was faster.
Now I got his AK Kobra. Sadly I could not take his ghillie-suit. :(

Edit: To inform you, we are usually friendly. If you do not aim at us or dont see us we will draw back and leave you in peace. if you come closer with a drawn weapon or aim at us we will shoot without hesitation.

We also found a place to stay for a while, even if we wont set up tents there. But there spawn animals (two cows, one sheep yesterday) and its near a pond and a medium-sized village. We could silently stay alive for a while. What is sad is that the cars are not save. Other players can take them for a ride whenever they want. Now we need to wait seven days until the next one spawns. :(

Oh and the Helicopters are turned off because of some desync-bugs. I would love to fly one. :D

Also there are no tanks. And inland you wont find a hospital (good that morphine is in common houses, too).

Edit: The only thing that really pisses me off is that bone-breaking-rate. The wiki says "Causes of Broken Bones: zombies on rare occasions." Now: Why does our group have broken bones at least twice a day? And we are not stupid enough to fall down somewhere. 80% of our broken bones are thanks to Zeds. I am less afraid of dying then of breaking a bone. -.-
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 08:36:36 am by Niemand »
Strategus-Faction: NPC. (More informations via Mail. Include your Username or mail-adress for response.)
Phase/Stage #1: Max-amount of Goods: 50. | Max-Troops: 200.

Offline SchokoSchaf

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: Eats grass
  • IRC nick: Schoko
« Reply #925 on: June 27, 2012, 10:09:59 am »
+1
Yesterday I broke my bones by putting down my binoculars, which I had previously taken out on the exact same spot without moving, while lying in front of stairs. Now I'm terrified of stairs. Bloody bastards.

Yeah, the thing is, sometimes you cant really lose them in a building.They follow you up close.And if you are bleeding already, you can only run until you are dead.

or another case: I got followed out of kamenka by, dunno, maybe 6 Zombies, and ran to the lighthouse.Once inside I immediately went up the stairs, where I waited for 10 minutes(Also broke my bones because I crouched and looked inside the wall...gay), and the zombies still wouldnt go away.They had clearly lost my sight and such, beeing slightly scattered in front of the entrance, but how am I supposed to get away from there if they dont move?And since I had nothing found still, I just let them kill myself and started anew.
Kamenka has a red brick house with 2 entrances. Run through there and it's almost like cheating.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 10:13:24 am by SchokoSchaf »
määääääääääh!

Offline Niemand

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • When have I ever given a fuck?
    • View Profile
    • echstreme.designs
  • Faction: Strat: NPC
  • Game nicks: GSU_GlaucomysDragon
« Reply #926 on: June 27, 2012, 10:26:31 am »
If you wanna make sure you lose them wait a bit until they are inside. Dunno if that works as well as I think, but it should. Zeds are moving slow inside buildings, near entrances and stairs.
I usually dont go near larger groups of Zeds and kill those that are a bit separated from others - or near deerstands (there only spawn 2 to 4, mostly 3 Zeds). Zeds can have food and soda with them, so you can survive by that. If you were lucky enough to get a weapon - like an axe.

If you are a beginner: open you inventory ("G" by default), rightclick on your hatchet and "Remove from toolbelt". then you use it as your primary weapon. Do NOT do this when you dont wanna risk loosing your mainweapon. Because you drop it when taking another and sometimes it bugs away.

EDIT!
You can get away from Zeds when you run up some steep hills. you need 300m between yourself and them. then they dont hunt you anymore.
Strategus-Faction: NPC. (More informations via Mail. Include your Username or mail-adress for response.)
Phase/Stage #1: Max-amount of Goods: 50. | Max-Troops: 200.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: June 27, 2012, 01:34:19 pm »
Yesterday I broke my bones by putting down my binoculars, which I had previously taken out on the exact same spot without moving, while lying in front of stairs. Now I'm terrified of stairs. Bloody bastards.

Once, I broke my legs and started bleeding because my mate and I collided physically in a tiny corridor while crouch running.

Now I'm terrified of people approaching me at slow velocity.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 01:52:52 pm by Butan »

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #928 on: June 27, 2012, 10:28:49 pm »
+3
To sum it up: in DayZ you have exact ballistic curves, all kinds of realistic vegetation, weather, wind, realistic night sky and moon cycles, but you kill yourself by opening the door, by being 5 seconds desynced from the server or by putting a cola into your inventory.
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #929 on: June 27, 2012, 10:34:13 pm »
To sum it up: in DayZ you have exact ballistic curves, all kinds of realistic vegetation, weather, wind, realistic night sky and moon cycles, but you kill yourself by opening the door, by being 5 seconds desynced from the server or by putting a cola into your inventory.

Nice summary.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.