• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Armor
« Reply #75 on: May 26, 2012, 11:58:40 pm »
Agree,  I think the idea is ok.

There is an unbalance in armor price vs actual battlefield worth. Either lower prices in the heavy armors or make them better. This idea is more interesting than just increasing stats.

The Kuyak sweetspot must be eliminated by all means.
Nice thought.
But I do have a question. Does people use kuyak because it's good statwise, or because it looks "game of thrones-ish"? I never knew the answer, since I was not a fan of kuyak when I was twohander.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2012, 12:19:08 am »
I think they use it because it looks cool in their eyes. You can't really change the stats so much that people would stop using them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2012, 12:57:43 am »
It's not really that the kuyak-ish medium armors are some kind of optimal god-teir armors, it's just that they fit in really well with the standard setup when it comes to price:

If you use a top-teir melee wep (Greatsword/Poleaxe/Top 1h+shield), a Kuyak-ish armor, and sensible boots, gloves and headgear you're going to end up with a total cost of about 30k, which is pretty much optimum since it allows you to make a steady amount of cash while using afromented gear (which is good gear).

Heavy armor is really good. I've tried it. It allows you to take a crapload of hits with the right build, but it's oddly weak to ranged thanks to extra_penetration.

But the main gripe with it is that it doesn't really fit cost-wise. If you're going to use heavy armor you're going to have to cut down on something else to make money, and what? Weapon? Noone wants to use a crap weapon, especially not in heavy armor since the style favours long/heavy hitting weps (the expensive ones). Boots/headgear? Will make for an obvious target.

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Balton

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Divine Being
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Death God
  • Game nicks: GoD_Balton_the_Buff
« Reply #78 on: May 27, 2012, 07:26:28 pm »
+1
Wearing plate makes you literally invulnerable to players of low level, players of mid level who aren't using blunt/pierce, and all agil-heavy builds. If anything, it needs a nerf.

And pseudo-health-regen is a terrible idea.
Wherever I tread, only chaos & destruction follow.

Offline Wraist

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2012, 07:52:46 pm »
Wearing plate makes you literally invulnerable to players of low level, players of mid level who aren't using blunt/pierce, and all agil-heavy builds. If anything, it needs a nerf.

Define agi-heavy and mid level. At level 16 I was able to do fine vs plate wearers.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2012, 08:02:49 pm »
It's not really that the kuyak-ish medium armors are some kind of optimal god-teir armors, it's just that they fit in really well with the standard setup when it comes to price..

I think that makes sense, although it doesn't disprove my point, only gives another reason why people are wearing Kujaks.  As a duel expert :) what would you say would be the optimal armor, when it comes to protection vs weight in a typical minmaxed build?

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2012, 08:25:42 pm »
Don't forget that half of the players in server are level 30. Very few are above that, and some are below.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2012, 11:03:05 pm »

When have you last worn plate? Even scythe can interrupt you sometimes. A fucking scythe that was made to cut grass halms.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 27, 2012, 11:12:53 pm »
Nice thought.
But I do have a question. Does people use kuyak because it's good statwise, or because it looks "game of thrones-ish"? I never knew the answer, since I was not a fan of kuyak when I was twohander.
Kuyaks were overused at the moment they got implemented, which is before Game of Thrones aired I think. I think they are very good looking armors, very high quality models regardless of your taste. People probably like the nordic, badass look, with the fur.

Maybe that was the case once, but with the new soak system pretty much any weapon can reliably interrupt you. In plate this means that if you get ganked you die, because of slowish movement speed. Yes you can take 10 hits, but what use is that ability when you don't get the chance to attack.

Nevertheless, when played in an intelligent way, someone in plate doesn't have to get ganked. Plate still allows a lot of mistakes for a not all that huge movement speed reduction.

Offline JOPOTINTTI

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 28, 2012, 12:02:03 am »
In merc måd the health regen is fairly slow and fits the flow. i think it could work here too , since it would help tincans to regen from minor hits etc.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2012, 05:59:10 pm »
I think that makes sense, although it doesn't disprove my point, only gives another reason why people are wearing Kujaks.  As a duel expert :) what would you say would be the optimal armor, when it comes to protection vs weight in a typical minmaxed build?

I'm no expert, but this is my opinion:

For duels wear as light armor as you can handle, but not so light that you get interrupted by point-blank stabs. Around 30-35-ish should be enough for that (but don't be a my old friend and use Heavy Gauntlets just because it's duel server) and remember to wear good boots! Leg armor is very cheap both cost and weight-wise and any decent player will fuck you over if you decide to wear Wrapping Boots to save money or whatever.

A rule of thumb is that the better you are (footwork and range control are the most important criteria here), the lower your ping and the better your connection the lighter the armor you should wear in my opinion.

Light armor + greatsword + balanced build (+ massive skills ofc) = the toughest duel builds I've faced. Sure, it's bloody annoying to face someone like Atze who consistently takes ~7 good hits to kill, but it's not really deadly and if you can concentrate it's more bloody annoying than anything.

But really, wear what you'd wear in battle on the duel server. It's practice after all and c-rpg rewards many of playstyles if played properly.

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die