• Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
Re: Armor
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2012, 03:07:47 am »
while over a large amount of time there where perhaps only 1 player per team(if at all) using gothic or other high maintenance armors, nowadays it is on a regular base at least 2-3 i see in every team sometimes upto 7-9 in rare cases even more. In early morning hours it is kind of silly having teams with 10 players and 5 are heavily armored.

I never changed my armor from light Kuyak after the big patch, i didn't do calculations about it just rough estimates, reason i wear it, it looks awesome and comes as close to pelty wolves style ^^ as it gets. Also a lot of the better players kind of switch between a lot of different armors, may it be of being in a loosing team or make the enemy believe they are peasents. That all was for me just too much hustle ... i want to play not to change my wardrobe and look in the mirrow all the time ^^ still sometimes in the early morning hours when there are less "teammates" around able to fuck me up badly *sigh*, i change for oldtimes to my leather jacket  :mrgreen:

But surely if plate was so OP, out of 120 players you'd see 30-60 using it or somethin?

Offline Araxiel

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 77
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ((===||:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vincent_Ruth
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2012, 05:21:28 am »
If i havent got all these crafting skills with plate i would change my armor in to something between medium-heavy.
Also most players learned to face hit. Not much point having a good body armor rating if you get all the hits in the face.
Well I roleplayed gay for long time to get Asca attention as harmless one but it didnt help. I only attracted Tueten, Cicero and Grey Order...

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2012, 09:47:26 am »
Nowadays any Kuyak clone with a greatsword who knows what he's doing can left-right-left-right a tincan giving him no chance to strike back because of hiltslash problem. Poor tincan can't escape either, because armor weight makes him slow. All he can do is block every swing and hope the other dude makes a mistake, or some friendly Kuyak clone comes for his rescue.

Any decent tincan can return swings/attacks just fine. Even with high strength builds.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 09:49:29 am by Vibe »

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2012, 03:58:46 pm »
because of hiltslash problem.
I can count the amount of times I really got hiltslashed in the past month on one hand and all of those were on the duel server.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2012, 04:50:36 pm »
I can count the amount of times I really got hiltslashed in the past month on one hand and all of those were on the duel server.

Yep, a lot of people try and fail though.

It kinda makes me smile when I get properly hiltslashed nowadays, but then I never understood the reason for nerfing it in the first place.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2012, 05:46:15 pm »
@randomdude
i didnt say they are OP atm, still powerfull, but through my observations i come to teh conclusion that there is a trend hat they will be used more often again, the circumstances for that may as you told earlier be dependent on the fact that people figured how to make money more efficently like using cheap stuff over longer time or going for max lvl and no need for buying looms or making generations and selling looms or switching to it when to it when they have winning times or using it on lowely populated servers when it realy makes a difference. However it is done there seems to be enough money for quite a few player to sustain high tier equipment over longer times.

@Paul
i quite like the mechanics of glancing and that certain damage types wouldn't , but perhaps we need another approach to make them work. So how  about the following train of thought.
Faster moving objects are less prone to pressice attacks then slowly moving targets.
A slow moving target can still be hit by a cut weapon as those have more time to focus on the weak spots.

The suggestion would be like, if a tincan with less then 6 athletics would be striked by a cut weapon ... no glancing, with 6 or more ath on the tincan glances are in effect.
If you want to go even further you could make the onto the difference of both players ath involved.

This way players have to consider taking more agi/ath if they want higher glancing effects on them. That shouldn't count for high agi high ath less amored dudes, as they have already the opportunity to outmanouver and get angles where glancing would happen.
People may then have more balanced builds, those who are going for a maxed out build would need to concider this disadvantage and it could be the long wanted slightly indirect buff for agi builds mentioned in so many thread without making them stronger but weakening under certain circumstances str builds while still giving str builds their glancing back.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Captain_Georges

• Count
  • Renown: 238
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
  • 0==[]:::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vangaboys
  • Game nicks: Captain_Georges
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2012, 04:40:16 pm »
bumped in good faith, we're not done here.
cRPG needs guns

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2012, 04:41:27 pm »
please dont tell me this is becoming the new "archery" topic... a link so you can revive that one as well:  :oops: :oops: :oops:
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,26106.0.html

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2012, 11:50:42 pm »
The suggestion would be like, if a tincan with less then 6 athletics would be striked by a cut weapon ... no glancing, with 6 or more ath on the tincan glances are in effect.
If you want to go even further you could make the onto the difference of both players ath involved.

This way players have to consider taking more agi/ath if they want higher glancing effects on them. That shouldn't count for high agi high ath less amored dudes, as they have already the opportunity to outmanouver and get angles where glancing would happen.
People may then have more balanced builds, those who are going for a maxed out build would need to concider this disadvantage and it could be the long wanted slightly indirect buff for agi builds mentioned in so many thread without making them stronger but weakening under certain circumstances str builds while still giving str builds their glancing back.

I think it already is kind of like that. The faster you move, the more your enemies will glance on you.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2012, 12:40:45 am »
I think it already is kind of like that. The faster you move, the more your enemies will glance on you.

No, the faster any of the parts moves, the higher the speed bonus and more damage, so less glancing. The glancing comes if you use your footwork and place yourself so they hit you very early in the animation, which due to the sweetspot mechanic makes it glance.
So, if you have an enemy moving left to right in your screen, a left swing will have a very low speed bonus (both targets moving in the same direction, so their relative velocity is low), but a right swing, if it hits fine, it will have a very big speed bonus
A clear example is cav, if you hit them at full speed (and your blade is moving in the opposite direction to their movement), or HAs shooting backward at chasing cav, the damage bonus is huge, thats why sometimes cav get 1hit even in heavyish armor when at full speed
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 12:43:00 am by Moncho »

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2012, 02:39:42 am »
+1
I agree. If you move fast in a duel or in a crowd, though, people will usually be off with their swings and glance on you, due to bad animations. Also, speed bonus works both ways, if you move away from them, their chance for glancing is much higher.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2012, 09:06:56 pm »
+2
This isn't heavy armor related but on the subject of glancing, on my lower-armored alts (basically wearing clothing) a twohander Danish gaysword user can still stun me at the exact start of the animation with the tip of his blade while I'm behind him, I'm teamhit a lot like this, and hit by enemies a lot like it too... it'd be nice if retarded swings always glanced regardless of armor and damage, 'cuss this shit is really annoying.

BTW: BUFF PLATE!
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2012, 09:43:39 pm »
This isn't heavy armor related but on the subject of glancing, on my lower-armored alts (basically wearing clothing) a twohander Danish gaysword user can still stun me at the exact start of the animation with the tip of his blade while I'm behind him, I'm teamhit a lot like this, and hit by enemies a lot like it too... it'd be nice if retarded swings always glanced regardless of armor and damage, 'cuss this shit is really annoying.

BTW: BUFF PLATE!
this is what i meant  :rolleyes:

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2012, 09:56:02 pm »
+1
One idea I had about heavy armour was that it allows to partly convert "lethal" damage into "non-lethal" damage. The concept was that this non-lethal damage would be removed over time, significantly increasing the lifetime of a careful and in a group operating tincan. A solo tincan would still go down as quickly as now because he could get knocked out even with non-lethal damage.

Dunno if that is a good idea because it smells a bit like health-regain console shit but just increasing glances is out of the question for me. While some might have embraced the "MW-plate-and-wildly-swing-hoping-the-other-guy-glances" playstyle, I didn't and I like the fact that a well aimed blow even from a mundane 1hander can at least reliably interupt a tinman.

Agree,  I think the idea is ok.

There is an unbalance in armor price vs actual battlefield worth. Either lower prices in the heavy armors or make them better. This idea is more interesting than just increasing stats.

The Kuyak sweetspot must be eliminated by all means.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2012, 10:50:42 pm »
Agree,  I think the idea is ok.

There is an unbalance in armor price vs actual battlefield worth. Either lower prices in the heavy armors or make them better. This idea is more interesting than just increasing stats.

The Kuyak sweetspot must be eliminated by all means.

totally agree