Author Topic: Horse Archer  (Read 572 times)

Offline OpenPalm

• Baron
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Thes
Horse Archer
« on: May 07, 2012, 02:38:35 am »
    Strength: 15
    Agility: 24
    Hit points: 50

Skills to attributes: 8

Ironflesh: 0
    Power Strike: 0
    Shield: 0
    Athletics: 0
    Riding: 6
    Horse Archery: 4
    Power Draw: 5
    Power Throw: 0
    Weapon Master: 8

Archery: 173

Riding a Destrier with a Tatar bow and Tatar arrows right now.  I only have 4 pd but 5 pd is next.  I get 4-5 kills per map in battle and 5-8 kills on siege maps (though most siege maps I'm forced to go on foot because they suck balls for cav... which is probably ok.)

It's a TON of fun.  I use a flanged mace and horsebump/whack people who aren't watching or who I've put a couple arrows into already.

Any tips or strategies for HA?  Is my build ok?
Quote from: Smoothrich
Racism against our chinese gold grinding brothers.

Offline callahan9119

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Callahan9119
Re: Horse Archer
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 02:54:12 am »
What level are you now? I tried to do a HA but at lvl 19 I couldn't kill anybody. I shot an afk peasant in the head at like point blank range twice while I was stopped and the little bastard didn't die. I was using the bow that requires 3 pd and had regular arrows. I will say it was fun as hell galloping around and shooting arrows but I just never killed anything when I actually managed to hit someone. That bit about shooting the afk guy was the last straw for me. A Fallen guy told me it gets better at 29, but I couldn't suffer investing all that time in the hope it would get better, and only at the last levels.

You seem to be using the build everybody says is good.
Hello

Offline OpenPalm

• Baron
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Thes
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 02:55:56 am »
I respecc'd my level 27 archer to level 23.  I think the best way to go HA is to be a normal archer with 0 ath who gets riding and a horse after you have 5 pd.

My first character was originally a HA and I got sick of it because I got riding too early and didn't have enough PD. 

Also, regular arrows are terrible.  If you can't afford bodkins, go for Tatar.  +4 damage is pretty sweet, it's like making your bow go up 2 levels.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 02:57:57 am by OpenPalm »
Quote from: Smoothrich
Racism against our chinese gold grinding brothers.

Offline callahan9119

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Callahan9119
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 03:04:28 am »
Yeah, I respecced out of it and went for crossbow instead. I kinda regretted it, because it was fun riding around and being able to shoot arrows fast, but I just kinda went "WTF am I doing bothering with this" when I probably shot 1000 arrows that night and killed maybe 3 guys. I've been playing this mod/MP for like a month now and I never really had much fun. I always just tried different things and hoped it got better. Cav is so fun, even swinging a sword I have no wpf in and no powerstrike is a blast. Reminds me of the fun I had in Warband single player.
Hello

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 09:39:54 am »
Just make your weapon master 7, and give the point to the riding. In my humble opinion, the riding skill is golden if you know how to use it. So is, being able to use an arabian warhorse.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Chagan_Arslan

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Chagan_Arslan
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 10:16:41 am »
try 21/18 build with 7 power draw and 3 horse archery, you will kill more and eventurally get used to how arrows go