Author Topic: Kicked for breaking opponent ladders??  (Read 6636 times)

Offline 1slander

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Timing that sidestep is key to the 1h battle axe
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NORD
  • Game nicks: Araios, Pallas, Hammer. Formerly DRAC & Duke_of_Hazard
Re: Kicked for breaking opponent ladders??
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2011, 06:42:37 pm »
Another vote for torch lighting up buildings!  Never even knew this was possible ingame but what a great idea!
Float like a butterfly sting like an axe

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2011, 08:41:59 pm »
Wow, what a kid, people like him should never ever be admins.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2011, 08:46:12 pm »
So if campers destroy their ladders, it's ok, but if the guys attacking them destroy the ladder they can get banned? Seems like double standarts to me. Also, that case is hardly a grey zone of ladder usage, it's a zone of stupidity of the admin who actually kicks people for destryoing enemy ladders.

Offline 1slander

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2011, 11:44:42 pm »
Was on the 100 man NA this afternoon and had people using construction materials to block all the pathways.  Even after all the fuss late last week the admins present just turned a blind eye as it was aiding their team anyhow.  Hate being a hatemonger but cmon!  Rules are rules and the admins seem hell bent on bending them as they see fit.  Not all of them - not trolling here.  But some.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2011, 02:58:45 am »
Was on the 100 man NA this afternoon and had people using construction materials to block all the pathways.  Even after all the fuss late last week the admins present just turned a blind eye as it was aiding their team anyhow.  Hate being a hatemonger but cmon!  Rules are rules and the admins seem hell bent on bending them as they see fit.  Not all of them - not trolling here.  But some.

:(
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline tony

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wizard Company
  • Game nicks: His Holiness, Strife
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2011, 08:23:32 pm »
That picture tells us all that Asian people care the most!

Offline Darkwulf

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2011, 08:04:28 pm »
When a team gets on a rooftop it creates many potential problems.  But the game mechanics allow for this to be done.  If it is such a problem then ladders should be removed altogether, I don’t really care.

But since ladders are here for now, and rooftops are accessible when using them, this is how I deal with the ladders. 

If the roof top people break their ladder after going up, then I am going to kick them if they don’t get down.  If the other team breaks the ladder to force them down, I am going to kick them.  I think both actions are cowardly.  If delaying comes into the scenario then a different action might be taken.

There is only so much you can do about it.  It could cause delaying, it could cause an unfair advantage to the people on the ground, it could create an inaccessible location, etc.  People will cry foul on the ground or the roof, attacking or defending.

So if you see a ladder placed to gain rooftop access, leave it alone.  It is the only option that is fair to both teams as long as ladders and rooftops are in play.

In this specific incident, the roof top people had a disadvantage.  They were outnumbered and there was plenty of time left on the clock.  They did not break their own ladder, leaving the other team access to the roof. 
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 08:07:58 pm by Darkwulf »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2011, 08:07:01 pm »
When a team gets on a rooftop it creates many potential problems.  But the game mechanics allow for this to be done.  If it is such a problem then ladders should be removed altogether, I don’t really care.

But since ladders are here for now, and rooftops are accessible when using them, this is how I deal with the ladders. 

If the roof top people break their ladder after going up, then I am going to kick them if they don’t get down.  If the other team breaks the ladder to force them down, I am going to kick them.  I think both actions are cowardly.  If delaying comes into the scenario then a different action might be taken.

There is only so much you can do about it.  It could cause delaying, it could cause an unfair advantage to the people on the ground, it could create an inaccessible location, etc.  People will cry foul on the ground or the roof, attacking or defending.

So if you see a ladder placed to gain rooftop access, leave it alone.  It is the only option that is fair to both teams as long as ladders and rooftops are in play.

Best Admin decision to be honest.

If you break ladders that you placed to secure your roof, then you are exploiting game mechanics.
If you break ladders that the opponent placed to force them down, then you are exploiting the game rules.

Either way, exploitation and cowardly.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2011, 08:18:35 pm »

In this specific incident, the roof top people had a disadvantage.  They were outnumbered and there was plenty of time left on the clock.  They did not break their own ladder, leaving the other team access to the roof.

Why should people on the ground storm hard to reach position using ladder that could damage them when they approach ? Using such system, you promote cowardly camping and ruin game experience for many players. You are one of the worst admins in the game, and i feel you should lose admin rights.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Darkwulf

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2011, 08:38:07 pm »
Why should people on the ground storm hard to reach position using ladder that could damage them when they approach ? Using such system, you promote cowardly camping and ruin game experience for many players. You are one of the worst admins in the game, and i feel you should lose admin rights.

If the rooftop campers broke their own ladder they would be forced down or kicked, but I understand you might not have actually read what I posted.

The mechanics are not prefect, and you obviously cannot base the decision off any kind of real tactics because of the inaccessibility rule.  So the only logical decision is to grant those ladders immunity and let the players figure out how to fight.  Until ladders are removed of course. 

If you chose to allow the ground team to break the ladder to force a rule violation on the players on the roof, you would be making a biased decision in favor of the players on the ground.  The same would go for allowing the roof top players to break the ladder after going up.  An admin must make un biased decisions and thus side with the ladders in this case.  Making the ladders un breakable is not taking either side.  At the same time allowing for the game to continue without kicking players.

This stands until I hear a better, more fair, suggestion.

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2011, 08:42:04 pm »
If the rooftop campers broke their own ladder they would be forced down or kicked, but I understand you might not have actually read what I posted.

The mechanics are not prefect, and you obviously cannot base the decision off any kind of real tactics because of the inaccessibility rule.  So the only logical decision is to grant those ladders immunity and let the players figure out how to fight.  Until ladders are removed of course. 

If you chose to allow the ground team to break the ladder to force a rule violation on the players on the roof, you would be making a biased decision in favor of the players on the ground.  The same would go for allowing the roof top players to break the ladder after going up.  An admin must make un biased decisions and thus side with the ladders in this case.  Making the ladders un breakable is not taking either side.  At the same time allowing for the game to continue without kicking players.

This stands until I hear a better, more fair, suggestion.

They would kill most attackers when destroying ladder. If attackers attack one by one they would die ganged.

It's not biased decision. On the ground, both teams have similar chance to win. With campers with ladders, it's more likely for them to win.

Better suggestion is simple, allow people to destroy ladders and kick campers who don't leave the inaccesible rooftop.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2011, 09:12:36 pm »
All maps should have specific roofs that are accessible with permanent ladders and put barriers for the rest. It would be a pain in the ass do to for all the maps but do it once and you're done. Then don't add new maps unless they meet this criteria. This is the only way that allows roofs to still be used as a tactical position, allows infantry to still gain access and admins won't need to babysit or settle arguments of who destroyed the ladder. Otherwise, we can argue every round, while we wait 5 years for chadz to maybe implement some change.
"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuck’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch

Offline Darkwulf

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2011, 09:12:58 pm »
They would kill most attackers when destroying ladder. If attackers attack one by one they would die ganged.

It's not biased decision. On the ground, both teams have similar chance to win. With campers with ladders, it's more likely for them to win.

Better suggestion is simple, allow people to destroy ladders and kick campers who don't leave the inaccesible rooftop.

My decision is not who has a better chance to win.  There are people who like to get on roofs and people who like to stay on the ground.  Keeping everything on the ground is biased.  Keeping everything on the roofs is biased.

"Better suggestion is simple, allow people to destroy ladders and kick campers who don't leave the inaccesible rooftop" <--- biased suggestion.

It is hard to grasp an unbiased suggestion when you are so against the roof top campers.

Offline Darkwulf

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2011, 09:14:41 pm »
All maps should have specific roofs that are accessible with permanent ladders and put barriers for the rest. It would be a pain in the ass do to for all the maps but do it once and you're done. Then don't add new maps unless they meet this criteria. This is the only way that allows roofs to still be used as a tactical position, allows infantry to still gain access and admins won't need to babysit or settle arguments of who destroyed the ladder. Otherwise, we can argue every round, while we wait 5 years for chadz to maybe implement some change.

I like it.  But I dont make maps or have anything to do with which ones are used.  So I am stuck with what I get.

Offline 1slander

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2011, 09:20:20 pm »
You'd kick someone for destroying a ladder?  Pffft...there needs to be some actual rules in place instead of whatever you feel like doing imo.