Author Topic: Kicked for breaking opponent ladders??  (Read 6944 times)

Offline Sammael

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SammaeI
Kicked for breaking opponent ladders??
« on: March 20, 2011, 04:03:33 am »
+1
So I was kicked from NA 100 just now for breaking ladders. Not teammates ladders mind you, opponent ladders.

Enemy team was camping roofs with one ladder up, heavily guarded. This put our team at a disadvantage. With 4-5 enemies left, I broke their ladder to force them off the roof. Hospitaller-Darkwulf proceeded to kick me from the game for doing this.

As far as I'm aware that's not breaking ANY rules and he did so purely to advantage his team? WTF

Can I get a word as to what the official rule is on breaking enemy ladders to force them down? This was my first kick from a game ever.. since I started playing last August...

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
Re: Kicked for breaking opponent ladders??
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 04:04:58 am »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sammael

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 04:09:10 am »
Thanks for trolling and for the -1...

Really though I'd like to know the official rule for this, as I'd rather not see a ban if I continue to do this in the future.

Offline Darkwulf

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 04:18:50 am »
So I was kicked from NA 100 just now for breaking ladders. Not teammates ladders mind you, opponent ladders.

Enemy team was camping roofs with one ladder up, heavily guarded. This put our team at a disadvantage. With 4-5 enemies left, I broke their ladder to force them off the roof. Hospitaller-Darkwulf proceeded to kick me from the game for doing this.

As far as I'm aware that's not breaking ANY rules and he did so purely to advantage his team? WTF

Can I get a word as to what the official rule is on breaking enemy ladders to force them down? This was my first kick from a game ever.. since I started playing last August...

Breaking opponents ladders is not against the rules. 

If a group is on a roof and you break the ladder just to force the other team to violate the unreachable location rule, then you run around a corner and say "hah now you gota come down your violating the rules". 

Then yes you can be kicked for "trolling".  Your post was a correct recap of the events.  You just left out your attempt of manipulating the rules.  Your team had the other team outnumbered 2 to 1, and they were doing fine attacking the roof top campers until you got involved.

Offline Sammael

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 04:24:01 am »
Your team had the other team outnumbered 2 to 1, and they were doing fine attacking the roof top campers until you got involved.

If by doing fine attacking you mean sitting around for a minute waiting for MotF, then yes I agree

Offline Darkwulf

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 04:32:07 am »
asked and answered

Offline Sammael

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 04:32:54 am »
/thread then I suppose

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 04:35:52 am »
feel free to see the 'remove ladders from battle' thread in suggestions, though I am sure antoher week or so and there will be another.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Sammael

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 04:38:56 am »
feel free to see the 'remove ladders from battle' thread in suggestions, though I am sure antoher week or so and there will be another.

After tonight I'd have to agree Zisa, ladders seem to cause a lot more harm than good, at least for battle.  :(

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Felagunda

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 04:45:24 am »
Vicious666 is just a troll I care because we should all care that admins no what reasons to kick for.  I wasn't there so I can only comment on your post.  Yes it seems pretty stupid you got kicked.  Do you know which admin kicked you?  Have you talked to him? 
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 05:28:04 am by Felagunda »

Offline Sammael

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 04:50:03 am »
Vicious666 is just a troll I care because we should all care that admins no what to kick for.  I wansn't there so I can only comment on your post and yes it seems pretty stupid you got kicked.  Do you know which admin kicked you?  Have you talked to him? 

Hospitaller-Darkwulf proceeded to kick me from the game for doing this.

Already have been in discussion with him.

Offline Rhade

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BkS_Rhade
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 04:54:12 am »
Breaking opponents ladders is not against the rules. 

If a group is on a roof and you break the ladder just to force the other team to violate the unreachable location rule, then you run around a corner and say "hah now you gota come down your violating the rules". 

Then yes you can be kicked for "trolling".  Your post was a correct recap of the events.  You just left out your attempt of manipulating the rules.  Your team had the other team outnumbered 2 to 1, and they were doing fine attacking the roof top campers until you got involved.

Seeing the Hospitaller kids play regularly, they like to let their team die and sit back in an extremely advantaged position and camp.

It seems like by knocking the ladder down, OP, you made them actually need to come down and fight.

In regards to Darkwulf saying you kicked him for "trolling" for saying the the OP stated something to the effect of "haha now you have to come down" -- that is nowhere near trolling, it's just stating a fact. You obviously have absolutely no idea what trolling is.

I really don't even see a kickable offense here; the guy broke down an enemy ladder. So what? He didn't grief, he didn't tk, he wasn't interrupting gameplay at all -- as a matter of fact, he made a sound tactical decision by forcing the enemy to retire from their advantaged position, that's not "manipulating" the rules, that's being intelligent.

Abuse forum, Sam.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 04:55:45 am by Rhade »

Offline Sammael

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2011, 04:59:07 am »
I really have no intention of getting revenge or getting anyone's admin powers removed. I've never seen Darkwulf do anything I've considered unjust before..

All I want is some clarification on the game rules so we can all kill each other peacefully  :D

Offline Rhade

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BkS_Rhade
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2011, 05:00:56 am »
I really have no intention of getting revenge or getting anyone's admin powers removed. I've never seen Darkwulf do anything I've considered unjust before..

All I want is some clarification on the game rules so we can all kill each other peacefully  :D

I don't care about revenge, or what have you, I care about people displaying an inability to moderate correctly being allowed to continue to do so.

Regardless, it's your call.