Yes
104 (27.8%)
No
184 (49.2%)
We must wait a lil more
86 (23%)

Total Members Voted: 374

Voting closed: January 08, 2011, 03:08:59 pm

Author Topic: Repair poll  (Read 14164 times)

Offline Immolarian

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Immolarious
Re: Repair poll
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011, 04:46:42 pm »
Feels like they want us to run arround naked.

Offline Ando

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, 05:04:07 pm »
The game was so nice before..and now is a total mess.Archer where overpowered?So is in history.Cav OP?If u have the time read about infantry vs cav in medieval time.In my opinion it was a good mode.This mode?The UPkeep is the biggest nonsense of all!

Offline Alex

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2011, 05:14:12 pm »
Feels like they want us to run arround naked.

i feel ya XD lol, its pretty bad

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2011, 05:18:06 pm »
Make it a conssitent 2-4% of your equipment cost every round, instead of this randomized guessing game.  As it is now people all go to low end equipment when their team starts losing becasue the 25% of any one expensive weapon/horse/etc. could be devastating.  If you amke it a consistent rate there would be far elss motivation to switch up gear when you are on losing team because you have predictable losses.

Yeah i think that is a better idea and i guess the devteam would find it much easier to balance repaircosts to a good lvl.

So pls think about that.
=> You have to pay upkeep every round regradless if you win or if you lose
=> You do pay x% not more not less.

Profit:
- You get a much better feeling about what you can afford to weare and what not. Its more predictable.
- Loserteam isnt chagning their armor to Peasantstuff and keep trying to win the round in their standard equip. If you make it like this it would be profitable to use ur best Equipment if you are losing to give your team an edge.
- x% every round can be finetuned much better by devteam.

PS: In gerneral i do like the idea of upkeep system. I dont like how it is done.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 05:20:33 pm by Camaris »

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2011, 05:21:06 pm »
I'm for more consistent and less random damage (but less expensive, too), seems a bit too random at the moment.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Welcome_To_Hell

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: nK / Northern Empire
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2011, 05:47:10 pm »
I would say add equipment maintenance threshold based on character level.

At level 30 maintenance threshold will be at its max value: 60,000. This would include everything: Weapons, Armor, Horses.

At level 20 => 20,000

At level 10 => 10,000

This would allow you to have free upkeep on some items while not making anyone too overpowered.

Example builds:

Level 30+

One Hander:

Long Espada: ~8k
Huscarl Shield: ~6k

+/- Optional Items for hybrids:

Anti cavalry spears
Throwing weapons

Armor:

Transitional armor: ~20k
Gloves: ~10k
Boots: ~5k
Helmet: ~5k

Total: 54k

Notice this is not even a full plate build since plate is around 30k and that would already be more than half of the free maintenance allowance. And it does not include trivial items such as Pikes, Throwing, Horses and any other extras a tin can might have carried pre patch.

Offline monneratbrazil

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2011, 05:51:44 pm »
I guess the repair costs on weaponry should be something like 5% and 10% MAX... what they did here is ruin the entire game... and also, i started playing this like 2 days ago, i leveled to 13, then when i tried to play today, i have my 13 LVL gear that i bought, but im now LVL 4 and cant use most of it... what the hell?

Offline Maira

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • War is won at the cost of a great loss.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Houses of Cards (House of Hearts)
  • Game nicks: Loz, King_Charles_of_Hearts
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2011, 06:16:26 pm »
I guess the repair costs on weaponry should be something like 5% and 10% MAX... what they did here is ruin the entire game... and also, i started playing this like 2 days ago, i leveled to 13, then when i tried to play today, i have my 13 LVL gear that i bought, but im now LVL 4 and cant use most of it... what the hell?

The levels have been recalculated to the new experience requirements. I was level 37 and went back to 26, it's "normal".

Offline Zophos

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2011, 06:32:07 pm »
Repairing anything should never be more costly then the gold you earn in a round, imo. That way it'll still be a challenge to obtain some plate armor, but once you have it... you can either choose to maintain that, or equip some peasant clothing and 'farm' more gold.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2011, 06:40:23 pm »
Repairing anything should never be more costly then the gold you earn in a round, imo. That way it'll still be a challenge to obtain some plate armor, but once you have it... you can either choose to maintain that, or equip some peasant clothing and 'farm' more gold.

Horrible idea.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Adelaide_de_Toronto

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swabian
  • Game nicks: Scarlett_Lass, Crimson_Bec, Repentance
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2011, 06:41:04 pm »
I think that it is too earlier to be playing around with the repair costs since most players have not had an adequate chance to fight & die in the new gaming environment.

Offline Lucia

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2011, 06:43:17 pm »
Cased Greaves   -2/0   Repair for 925 Gold
Milanese Plate   -3/0   Repair for 6327 Gold
Armet   -1/0   Repair for 1950 Gold
Highland Claymore   -1/0   Repair for 1978

Gold   1884

Your repair system sux...

Offline Bull

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2011, 06:54:39 pm »
My opinion here is largely irrelevant to most rage-flamers, but I will say this:

Expensive upkeep is good. The situation pre-patch was awful, with people being able to have all the most expensive gear with little skill.

My only concern is that NOBODY, even the best players, will be able to effectively wear platemail, or use the best weapons, due to upkeep.

Prepatch, I was wearing gear that totalled about 90k gold (base).

Now, I'm wearing gear totalling about 8k. I dont think it's a bad thing, but it IS a huge difference!

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2011, 06:58:31 pm »
Maybe if you guys learnt to NOT use the EZ MODE CRUTCH PLATE you wouldn't complain so fucking much.

IN A NUTSHELL, Learn to play.

It's really simple, I top scoreboards in a 5k gold armor, you don't need 30k plate armor.

The Upkeep is specifically so there's less plate bundle of stickss running around.

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2011, 07:52:32 pm »
I would say add equipment maintenance threshold based on character level.

At level 30 maintenance threshold will be at its max value: 60,000. This would include everything: Weapons, Armor, Horses.

At level 20 => 20,000

At level 10 => 10,000

This would allow you to have free upkeep on some items while not making anyone too overpowered.

Example builds:

Level 30+

One Hander:

Long Espada: ~8k
Huscarl Shield: ~6k

+/- Optional Items for hybrids:

Anti cavalry spears
Throwing weapons

Armor:

Transitional armor: ~20k
Gloves: ~10k
Boots: ~5k
Helmet: ~5k

Total: 54k

Notice this is not even a full plate build since plate is around 30k and that would already be more than half of the free maintenance allowance. And it does not include trivial items such as Pikes, Throwing, Horses and any other extras a tin can might have carried pre patch.

TBH what you built there is in the High-End. Sure you can make even more expensive but your compilation of weapons/shields/armor is really high.
If Upkeep would go around 60k everybody would be in a platelike armor again. I also think that 20k is a little bit low but 60k, 50k or even 40k is way to much. Add Strategus money to this and you´ll see Plated man with best Equipment + Uberhorse and X-Bow everywhere again.