Author Topic: 5/4/12 Marketplace  (Read 1619 times)

Offline Swift_and_True

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Stahp.
    • View Profile
5/4/12 Marketplace
« on: May 04, 2012, 12:05:02 pm »
ok i have a few questions real quick. First, what is points?                And Secondly, why did they add a fee to put up and taxes to pay when we get it? that will just make prices skyrocket..... Its really stupid if you ask me.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: 5/4/12 Marketplace
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 01:24:05 pm »
ok i have a few questions real quick. First, what is points?                And Secondly, why did they add a fee to put up and taxes to pay when we get it? that will just make prices skyrocket..... Its really stupid if you ask me.

What is points? - loom points
Why fee? - additional gold sink

Offline Ozin

• Duke
  • Renown: 584
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • IRC nick: Ozin
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 01:46:29 pm »
And money sinks work to keep prices/inflation down.

Offline Apsod

• Duke
  • Renown: 698
  • Infamy: 98
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Donate a few denari to the farmers of Calradia!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Apsod
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 02:43:59 pm »
+1
And what`s the problem with people getting much money? Tbh I find this thing and the upkeep to just be annoying. I do not really adjust my equipment to the upkeep, but it is very annoying to know that you keep losing money while you play for no reason at all. It is not something we can prevent it simply takes peoples money. Personally I don`t mind people running around in plated chargers, because if you don`t know how to use it properly it is no good. Same with everything else! you don`t become good because you wear plate, you just trade some of your speed for protection.

Oh and the upkeep mostly hurts new players, people with one million in their account wont really notice a difference if they lost 500 gold to upkeep tho it is still not fun to lose it.

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 03:23:42 pm »
+2
And what`s the problem with people getting much money?

Everyone riding plated chargers and wearing full tincan armour all the time, that's what's wrong with it.

If you're worried about losing money: use less expensive gear.  :rolleyes:

And about upkeep hurting new players: you're wrong. No money sinks = everyone using the heaviest gear, except the new players who can't afford buying it yet.

Offline bosco

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • Steady...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 03:27:01 pm »
+4
Everyone riding plated chargers and wearing full tincan armour all the time, that's what's wrong with it.

Well, these days, the choice between heavy and medium gear isn't really about money - it's more about personal preference with regard to weight, speed and so on, especially since heavy armor was nerfed. At least from what I can see and hear.

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 03:29:27 pm »
Well, these days, the choice between heavy and medium gear isn't really about money

Yes, i agree. So if anything, cRPG needs more money sinks. Not less...!

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 03:36:40 pm »
+1
Yes, i agree. So if anything, cRPG needs more money sinks. Not less...!
Well, considering that you admit it isn't about the money, and that way more people wear medium than heavy armor...
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 03:41:27 pm »
+2
Zlish you fail at understanding.

I'm not saying it's not about money. It is. But if anything, cRPG needs more upkeep and money sinks instead of less, because the rich players are getting richer on average, allowing them to run around in very heavy gear. That sucks for new players, because they'll take a long time to catch up.

If upkeep was higher / the game had more money sinks, the new players would catch up much faster.

Offline bosco

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • Steady...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 03:48:35 pm »
+1
They only thing money is good for anymore is buying looms, at least for me. With a bit of grinding I can get enough gold to wear full plate until retirement during lvl 1-25.

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2012, 04:01:32 pm »
Yah, that happens if you 1) retire a lot and 2) use light gear between level 1 and 25. Besides, you are not cav, so that saves a lot of upkeep.

So you'll have to wear really heavy gear to make a loss.

Anyways, what i'm saying is: less upkeep and money sinks = bad for new players. cRPG needs more, not less. People are getting too rich.

Offline Apsod

• Duke
  • Renown: 698
  • Infamy: 98
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Donate a few denari to the farmers of Calradia!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Apsod
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 06:50:15 pm »
+1
Phazey if upkeep were any higher than it is then new players would have a very hard time getting any half decent equipment. Oh and most people will still choose to go with medium-heavy armor even with no upkeep. Simply because heavy is not always better than medium-light.

But if upkeep were to be removed then light armor should get a small buff and heavy armor a small nerf, just to balance things a bit better.

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2012, 07:09:12 pm »
I think central government of cRPG should just take allll the money of everybody and distribute it equally among the member

Coco, my communist horse will be happy!
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2012, 07:18:18 pm »
So you can sell loom points on the market now, and they're taxed. Can you still sell them the conventional way and avoid tax? I.E. Put loom point for sale in forums, sell a dagger for 550k, and avoid the tax?
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Narestel

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
    • The Coalition forum
  • Faction: The Coalition
  • Game nicks: Narestel_HRE
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2012, 10:12:31 pm »
When you put something for sale, you (as the seller) will lose 5% of what you asked for it.