Author Topic: A regular heirloom re-stat  (Read 2798 times)

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
Re: A regular heirloom re-stat
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2011, 03:38:54 am »
I'd support an heirloom reset. I'd love to change heirlooms periodically; although I don't support another heirloom reduction every 60 days. I would not have any heirlooms then as I can not grind like that.

I, like a lot of people, am tired of my heirlooms and wish I could try something else. I'm not some flavor of the month bar mace crushing guy or anything, I just would like to try out something else without having all my previous work being for nothing.

For example, If I want to try out a strange build to see if it would work, I can't see what it is fully capable of. If every 2 months I could change my heirloom modifiers? That would be amazing! This doesn't HURT anyone, it only benefits the fun capabilities of the game. Some people find some weapon that seems imbalanced? If it IS imbalanced put it back in it's place. I don't see any problems with this.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Ishtar_Soup

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ishtar_Soup
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2011, 04:07:29 am »
I am strongly against this idea... This is why:

1) A heirloom is meant to be an item that's been in your family for generations, being so, it is better then what you can find off the market, since it's been tweeked generations after generation. Your idea one handedly kill's all that fact.

2) A heirloom trading system is supposed to be put up (Check the trading thread). Your 60 days system would simply ruin that system.

3) A heirloom should be rare, hence you need to work a shitload to get one. Being able to re-stat one, makes it to easy to exploit items in need of nerf.

well... my 2 cents...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline La Makina

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Dedicated siege tower pusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2011, 12:11:39 pm »
No. I like to feel the burden of the consequences of my choice.

Offline Trippin

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2011, 12:27:27 pm »
I don't agree, even after the heirloom reset I actually rechose the same heirlooms(actually I was katan/bar mace/then flamberge but on reset I heirloomed katana and bar mace again and replaced flamberge with danish great sword(semi-affordable flammy) as I had them heirloomed since gen 3<---which was before the *big patch* was ever announced btw(katana was my first, bar mace was 2nd)

anyways I *sadly* carry on a personal RP about my main character and I even though I wanted to switch to polearms for greater versatility/same lethality(I was gonna do great long axe+long hafted mace actually and add a lance later)............ I felt like I'd have erased my history, even if I knew at the time 2h swords got the stab nerf(katana got a big nerf and I know bar mace will have its day too)

But my character has always used those weapons, they are what I am(on my main) for better or worse, how could I give up darth_kronic's "lightsaber"(my first heirloom like more than half a year ago=balance katana pre-patch was actually about equal to my post-nerf masterwork katana(same damage old +1 vs new +3), or darth_kronic's original bar mace from gen 2(I still like sweeping people off their feet more than crushing honest)

oh one alt did switch his heirloom to pole(from archer) and became my polearm as I definitely feel that is best melee class(access to melee from best throwing weapons, shield use with weapon wpf, equivalent to "2h" damage/speed weapons in polearm(noshield)class weapons, horse rear, very long maces and axes, great anti-shield options)

and the 1h went from a warhammer to a sidesword on heirloom(as it was obvious by stats what I was looking at in that weapon*1h hypersword*

Most of us normal people, of whom have friends and go outside, don't role-play and make up pathetic stories about our online game characters. Please formulate and argument that appeals to the majority.

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2011, 06:30:06 pm »
Most of us normal people, of whom have friends and go outside, don't role-play and make up pathetic stories about our online game characters. Please formulate and argument that appeals to the majority.

Ok then u let us reset everyone is just gonna heirloom the same thing heirloom is a special item u pass down on your character

Also reset kills need for heirloom trading

Hey I noticed u finally stopped pretending to be a female, I would give u props but u douche'd out so long no reason to

PS I only play late at night after I have made sweet love to my wife, taken care of my kid, I know a hater like u runs random insults but really just go back to playing a guy impersonating a girl loser
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline AgentQ

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2011, 06:39:59 pm »

Offline Trippin

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2011, 09:33:00 pm »
everyone is just gonna heirloom the same thing

Everyone is not going to just heirloom the same thing. If that was the case, we would have seen everyone do so from the very beginning. As long as weapons are at least semi-balanced, there will always be a variety.

Also reset kills need for heirloom trading

Not necessarily. No one said that heirloom resets need to be done as the original poster specified. It could perhaps be done in a system similar to retirement, in that you must pay a large flat fee in gold that increases exponentially. It would thus be more efficient to quite simply trade heirloom if this were the case, for example.

The reason why I am for heirloom resetting, despite me having absolutely no heirloomed items myself, is because it reduces the grind. As someone who personally prefers native to cRPG, and thus know tons of people who absolutely hate this mod, I can tell you that the one thing that puts them off is the grind (as it does myself). If the grind is reduced, I can guarantee you that many native players will find their way here.

Hey I noticed u finally stopped pretending to be a female, I would give u props but u douche'd out so long no reason to

If you actually believed that I was a female, than you are borderline retarded. But I can assume that you probably are, as your grammar is equivalent to that of a four year old child with downs.