Author Topic: A regular heirloom re-stat  (Read 2803 times)

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
A regular heirloom re-stat
« on: March 19, 2011, 06:17:51 pm »
I propose that we do an heirloom re-stat every sixty(?) days.  This would encourage people to try new builds and help slow down the drive for getting a maximum heirloom bonus in everything.  Right now I'm gen five and would like to try using a different build.  However, I know from experience that wading into a new class with neither skill nor specialized weapons is not very fun.  So, to make such transitions easier, I propose a regular heirloom re-stat.

Outstanding questions:
1) Do we like the idea of an heirloom re-stat?
2) If 'yes,' would we like to to be regular?
3) If 'no,' why?
4) Would we also want an heirloom reduction too (like the patch) to help balance the builds with 10+ heirlooms?

(I don't know how to attach a poll  :( )

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
Re: A regular heirloom re-stat
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 06:34:50 pm »
What do you mean ? Seriously what is a heirloom re-stat??
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 06:42:09 pm »
dont know would it apply for only availible heirlooms that are curently on a waeapon or would you loose ale your heirlooms from items and get the amount of heirlooms equal to your gen, im asking that couse i am gen 8 and i curently have only one heirloomed item with modifier +1, all those 7 heirlooms were spent on items i sold afterwards (stupid me  :cry: :cry:)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 07:34:45 pm »
I propose that we do an heirloom re-stat every sixty(?) days.  This would encourage people to try new builds and help slow down the drive for getting a maximum heirloom bonus in everything.  Right now I'm gen five and would like to try using a different build.  However, I know from experience that wading into a new class with neither skill nor specialized weapons is not very fun.  So, to make such transitions easier, I propose a regular heirloom re-stat.

Outstanding questions:
1) Do we like the idea of an heirloom re-stat?
2) If 'yes,' would we like to to be regular?
3) If 'no,' why?
4) Would we also want an heirloom reduction too (like the patch) to help balance the builds with 10+ heirlooms?

(I don't know how to attach a poll  :( )
Yes. It would stop me from having to have 7 characters :')

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 07:41:38 pm »
What do you mean ? Seriously what is a heirloom re-stat??

reset - everything goes to 0
re-stat - you get to reformulate your stats.  So an heirloom re-stat is when all your weapons lose their modifiers but you can reapply them to whatever items want.  E.g. what happened with the last big patch. 

If we have the same thing happen every 60 days as happed in the last big patch it would make masterwork gear much more of a rarity.  I think I'd prefer this, as it would make found gear much more interesting, but I know some people love their super-suits of armour and wont want to give them up.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 09:07:12 pm »
How would swapping one masterwork item for another reduce the amount of masterwork gear?
Alas nodachi
a tin can's hatchet.

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 09:29:40 pm »
Make it cost 150k per one stat. That would work.
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 09:45:34 pm »
Make it cost 150k per one stat. That would work.

So how is that good for the casual player who does not have 150k? I'd spend it myself.
Alas nodachi
a tin can's hatchet.

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 11:05:28 pm »
If we have the same thing happen every 60 days as happed in the last big patch it would make masterwork gear much more of a rarity.  I think I'd prefer this, as it would make found gear much more interesting, but I know some people love their super-suits of armour and wont want to give them up.
How would swapping one masterwork item for another reduce the amount of masterwork gear?

In the last big patch every player was allowed to re-stat their heirlooms.  However, the number of heirlooms that players had were reduced to about 1/3 the number they had pre-patch.  This meant that the players on generation 16 were reduced to about five heirlooms.  Implementing this now, though, may be too severe.  Perhaps a similar system but with a base number of heirlooms (e.g. 2) which can never be removed? 

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2011, 11:37:14 pm »
In the last big patch every player was allowed to re-stat their heirlooms.  However, the number of heirlooms that players had were reduced to about 1/3 the number they had pre-patch.  This meant that the players on generation 16 were reduced to about five heirlooms.  Implementing this now, though, may be too severe.  Perhaps a similar system but with a base number of heirlooms (e.g. 2) which can never be removed?
So now you are proposing removing peoples' heirlooms, perhaps the main incentive to retire?
Alas nodachi
a tin can's hatchet.

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 03:36:25 am »
So now you are proposing removing peoples' heirlooms, perhaps the main incentive to retire?

Yeah.  Earn 3 and keep them for sixty(?) days.  Then they're un-stuck from specific items and proportionately reduced without going below a base quantity.

I'm still proposing the original idea, this is just a potential format that I think would provide a check on extremely hi-gen players.

Offline Wallace

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WallaceBRD
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 07:58:15 am »
Hmmm how exactly would this work if the majority of us lost a balls load of heirlooms just a few months ago
That would toss out the simple heirloom/gen part of it
- answered I'm just tired and too lazy to read full threads before i post

That aside I would very much enjoy this cause i'd rather have more lordly armor and less barmace

Don't reduce heirlooms on this though... noone over gen 4 would even consider it. This sounds more like a saving grace for people that didn't know what they were doing and wasted heirlooms
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 08:02:25 am by Wallace »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ToxicKilla

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • For England, and Saint George!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Killmoar_the_Lone_Knight
  • IRC nick: ToxicKilla
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 01:45:49 pm »
So, what if I retired a day before the reset, and didn't know? What a waste of time....

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2011, 02:40:55 pm »
So, what if I retired a day before the reset, and didn't know? What a waste of time....

I don't understand what you mean.  If the re-stat was on day X, and you retired X-1, then you would get your heirloom back.

It was suggested to me last night that a steep fee might be best (250000?) along with a fixed time when that heirloom couldn't be moved again.  E.g. pay some gold to switch your heirloom but you can't change it again for 90 days.  This would allow the occasional heirloom swap while still preventing people from doing flavour of the month gear in the extreme.

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2011, 06:11:51 pm »
I don't agree, even after the heirloom reset I actually rechose the same heirlooms(actually I was katan/bar mace/then flamberge but on reset I heirloomed katana and bar mace again and replaced flamberge with danish great sword(semi-affordable flammy) as I had them heirloomed since gen 3<---which was before the *big patch* was ever announced btw(katana was my first, bar mace was 2nd)

anyways I *sadly* carry on a personal RP about my main character and I even though I wanted to switch to polearms for greater versatility/same lethality(I was gonna do great long axe+long hafted mace actually and add a lance later)............ I felt like I'd have erased my history, even if I knew at the time 2h swords got the stab nerf(katana got a big nerf and I know bar mace will have its day too)

But my character has always used those weapons, they are what I am(on my main) for better or worse, how could I give up darth_kronic's "lightsaber"(my first heirloom like more than half a year ago=balance katana pre-patch was actually about equal to my post-nerf masterwork katana(same damage old +1 vs new +3), or darth_kronic's original bar mace from gen 2(I still like sweeping people off their feet more than crushing honest)

oh one alt did switch his heirloom to pole(from archer) and became my polearm as I definitely feel that is best melee class(access to melee from best throwing weapons, shield use with weapon wpf, equivalent to "2h" damage/speed weapons in polearm(noshield)class weapons, horse rear, very long maces and axes, great anti-shield options)

and the 1h went from a warhammer to a sidesword on heirloom(as it was obvious by stats what I was looking at in that weapon*1h hypersword*
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!