Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls Online  (Read 46139 times)

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
Re: The Elder Scrolls Online
« Reply #150 on: October 18, 2013, 12:13:32 pm »
Well, at least it's not a tab targeting button masher.
Pock gobblers

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 18, 2013, 12:27:58 pm »

Ho yeah like, targeting with your mouse then mashing 1234 is any better.

1234 is the greatest evil in MMOs

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 18, 2013, 12:32:00 pm »

It IS pretty much tab target though. You just need to aim in the general direction instead, because it's softlocking. Would be much happier with real aim required.

dont tell me you expected better...

this is an MMO game.

Not for this game particularly because I already knew what kind of combat system it had, but my hopes are still up for an MMO game that will require hand/motorics skills rather than pressing numbers on your keyboard in the correct order.

Offline Logen

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 385
  • Infamy: 39
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 18, 2013, 12:34:12 pm »
youre still going to play it vibe

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 18, 2013, 12:36:34 pm »
+1
It IS pretty much tab target though. You just need to aim in the general direction instead, because it's softlocking. Would be much happier with real aim required.

Not for this game particularly because I already knew what kind of combat system it had, but my hopes are still up for an MMO game that will require hand/motorics skills rather than pressing numbers on your keyboard in the correct order.

i wish. that would be awesome.

combat mechanics should be higher priority. it doesnt matter that you play with other people online, when the game itself is boring as fuck.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Havoco

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 18, 2013, 12:39:02 pm »
Yeah because those 8 buttons aren't half as bad as the rows upon rows of buttons that u see in any other MMO.

At least until u bind all that shit.

It isn't like I'm actually excited about this game. I knew it was going to be shit when it was announced. The video just took from not caring about the game to might try it when a free demo comes out.

Edit: wait, if there is soft lock then that just made not give a shit about this again.
Pock gobblers

Offline stukii

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 18, 2013, 12:42:47 pm »
For me the combat looks the best of this game. Except this retro hotbar.

The way npc's just move aimless in circles, quests are being implemented and the magical appearing horse..
The fact you just teleport yourself over thousands of imaginary kilometers.
It's a tragedy! This game should have been released 10 years ago. It is just too simple for a mmo from a big corporation.

Someone here played Mortal? This game made me always worry about my horse. Not mentioning the bugs. But that it was always present, needed to be guided around the mobs, worried some douche hiding in a tree would just headshot it for the lulz.

And here? Summon, ride, unsummon, smash buttons.
Story? Sure the same for every character and every player. There is nothing you have to tell other than how to finish this quest or this. Where to find which mob.

A few pages back someone posted a video with a quest:
(click to show/hide)

And it just makes me sad. Player #12415325 saved this stupid npc. Hand full of other npcs trying to stop him. Where are the yells for help 'INTRUDER STOP HIM' no alarm? Bots weak as shit? Why can't I just free everyone down there? Is there even anyone else in jail? What if I just want to kill him, ending this stupid questline for everyone.

I am sorry, I expected more! Especially when an Elder Scrolls game adding the term MASSIVE to its genre.
And I'm even more sorry for being pretty sure i still will buy this shit.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 18, 2013, 12:49:00 pm »
(click to show/hide)

no big game developer releases mmo because it would be a pinacle of perfection in video game development. they do this to milk the fk out of franchise, before throwing it in trash can. they ran out of ideas, so they release an mmo.

like why would they even bother with story, characters and such, when there are players who do this for them?

i am telling you, if franchise goes mmo, it is over.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 18, 2013, 01:19:44 pm »
youre still going to play it vibe

"i'm still going to test it" is the correct term, which I do with practically every MMO on the market :lol:

Edit: wait, if there is soft lock then that just made not give a shit about this again.

Yeah there is. Projectiles autotrace to your target, the only difference between tab target and softlocking is that instead of pressing tab or clicking on the target to select it you aim in the general direction of the target to "select it".

Not exactly sure how melee works but from what I've seen it's basically get close and select your target by aiming at it and then spam left click or hotbar shortcuts for special attacks. It's practically the same if I used tab to select my target and gotten close then started spamming hotkey 1 to hit or just pressed autoattack hotkey. There's no real hitboxes or weapon specific range or swing arcs or for how long a swing is active. From my observations it's the classic tabtarget MMO melee which has two checks: Do you have your target selected? Are you in range?
So basically with this melee you are unable to chamber your attack before you charge an enemy, release the chamber before you go in range and while the weapon is in swing animation walk in and hit the target - which you can do for example in Mount&Blade or even Skyrim.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 01:23:36 pm by Vibe »

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 18, 2013, 06:04:38 pm »
"i'm still going to test it" is the correct term, which I do with practically every MMO on the market :lol:

me2, is there going to be an open beta.

If so, I'm looking forward to hating on this thing.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 18, 2013, 07:24:13 pm »

You seem to like wading through seas of shit.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 18, 2013, 07:31:15 pm »
You seem to like wading through seas of shit.

Yes I really do. Have yet to hit land.

Offline Havoco

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 19, 2013, 08:06:44 am »
Sad thing is I would play this, and pay the sub if they would just take the damn soft lock off. How hard is it to do that? I dont see the reason behind keeping it except for ping issues. Still it wouldn't be that bad. Maybe it's just because of physics/hit detection idk.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 08:18:39 am by Havoco »
Pock gobblers

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 19, 2013, 01:17:15 pm »
Sad thing is I would play this, and pay the sub if they would just take the damn soft lock off. How hard is it to do that? I dont see the reason behind keeping it except for ping issues. Still it wouldn't be that bad. Maybe it's just because of physics/hit detection idk.

It is a pretty huge change, like I said, to take softlock off you would basically be changing the combat system from tab target to FPS, which is pretty much non-existent when it comes to MMOs. And that is due to technical difficulties of the MMOs, or so the devs like to use this excuse, myself I think the technology is good enough to host an MMO with a proper combat system.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 19, 2013, 02:23:42 pm »
It is a pretty huge change, like I said, to take softlock off you would basically be changing the combat system from tab target to FPS, which is pretty much non-existent when it comes to MMOs. And that is due to technical difficulties of the MMOs, or so the devs like to use this excuse, myself I think the technology is good enough to host an MMO with a proper combat system.

Does Planetside 2 count ? It's actually funny because the worst bottleneck in that game are the home PC CPUs. The network and the servers are doing alright.