Author Topic: Pavise?  (Read 1382 times)

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
Re: Pavise?
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2012, 02:20:19 am »
It would be cool if when carried it just sat on your back so you couldn't use it like a normal shield but xbows could point there arses at the enemy and moon them in relative safety.

Exactly
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2012, 02:31:21 am »
This is why we have siege shield?
Pock gobblers

Offline Punked

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2012, 03:51:00 am »
This is why we have siege shield?

Yes we have a seige shield take in to account its 2 slotted m aybe this pavice would be 1 slotted
Then we have to take in to account weight, until u run out of throwing weapons u are stuck with the weight of that weapon and a glitched slot, the pavice would be able to be really deployable and not as heavy than a 25 lb siege shield. So pavise is the way to go.

Offline Havoco

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2012, 04:22:59 am »
The pavise shield has been suggested many times before, and they haven't added it yet. IMO it would make the Xbow a little too OP.
Pock gobblers

Offline Punked

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2012, 08:12:16 am »
The pavise shield has been suggested many times before, and they haven't added it yet. IMO it would make the Xbow a little too OP.

SO lets say the Pavise will take up 1 slot. Here is an example of what im gonna try to explain. Lets say u want to be an arbilist user You have the Arbelist- 2 slots so that is 2/4 now you have bolts -1slot 3/4 slots then you have the pavise -1 so that will take up all ur slots with no op mace maybe a hammar but that is it. how is this anywhere OP as a set like this Arbelist/Bolts/Mace = 4 slots. u lack range in melee if u have the hammer and yes u hurt with the arbelist but hell arbelist were ment to go through plate and armor so i dont think they change anything other than being alittle more protected from range from front and stop a couple of couches from cav. no op there sir.

Offline Havoco

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2012, 10:16:31 am »
Ok, maybe not that OP but good luck with getting it added.... The pavise shield has been suggested many times over the course of the mod and they haven't added it yet.
Pock gobblers

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2012, 12:17:46 am »
Did they say why?

I think it would be nice from the developers to tell the people why they don't add a feature which gets such unanimous support like the pavise.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2012, 09:23:55 am »
+1!!!! Of courser you should be able to take that shield up and use it again. Magnificent idea. Press "x" to put it on the ground for example so it can be used as a normal shield too ^^

It's basically a good idea, but we must find another secondary mode which is not activated with the "x"-button. Otherwise, pressing "x" would be the command to use the shield and the weapon in their secondary modes.
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV