Author Topic: Diablo 3  (Read 22855 times)

Offline ulya

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Diablo 3
« Reply #135 on: May 18, 2012, 03:11:48 pm »
pay2win means when the items that are better than anything you can get in a game are only obtainable with real money[citation needed]

Pay2win = You pay money, and thus have a higher chance to win. Sometimes this means you get insanely overpowered items, sometimes this means you get items others have to work hard for.

Imagine blizzard going Hey guys, we just released Black Temple patch, you can either farm for your glaives or pay us 200USD and get them! It won't be p2w because you can get them either way! You will just have to farm for more than 2 years for them, but it's okay, because it's still obtainable!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Just incase you are wondering, I hate this game because of the direction they are trying to take gaming, the game might be fun and you might enjoy it and all, that's all up to you, I will keep hating it and everybody who supports it simply for accepting what blizzard is doing.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 04:20:24 pm by ulya »

Offline SquishMitten

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Mew, Kitty + many more
« Reply #136 on: May 18, 2012, 08:18:51 pm »
+1
Just incase you are wondering, I hate this game because of the direction they are trying to take gaming, the game might be fun and you might enjoy it and all, that's all up to you, I will keep hating it and everybody who supports it simply for accepting what blizzard is doing.
TBH it is just the direction gaming is going in general, lots of games take this to the extreme going free to play supported by micro transactions, for example POE. There are very few free to play games that are not pay to win.

In memory of Merciless_Mew, member of Merciless, ruler of Istiniar

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #137 on: May 18, 2012, 08:41:03 pm »
TBH it is just the direction gaming is going in general, lots of games take this to the extreme going free to play supported by micro transactions, for example POE. There are very few free to play games that are not pay to win.

Except Diablo 3, because that isn't pay2win.  :lol:

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #138 on: May 18, 2012, 08:45:55 pm »
+1
Im perfectly fine with what Blizzard does with the real live money auction house and shit.

Why?It´s simple: Things like that would have been done anyway, on Ebay and mostly by china farmers and the like.

It was forbidden before, but that didnt stop most people who wanted to buy stuff anyway.

Now it´s legal, implemented into the game, and blizzard makes a bit of money with it, too.The good thing for the Individual player is: You dont have ANY disadvantage if you dont pay, simply because anything you could buy, you can also simply loot by playing the game.And, if you play a lot, you could possibly even sell enough to get your buying money back, or more.

Everybody´s happy.

Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 18, 2012, 10:18:17 pm »

In PoE you can't buy any items or boosts and all. Unlike in this new pseudo-"Diablo" 3, you can't buy power, all you can buy is cosmetic stuff

(click to show/hide)

Thats how it should be, cosmetic, visuals and vanity items.

Im perfectly fine with what Blizzard does with the real live money auction house and shit.

Why?It´s simple: Things like that would have been done anyway, on Ebay and mostly by china farmers and the like.

So instead of finding a valid method of combating this they decided fuck it, let's make cash out of it instead and go bowling after. Dick move. This thing alone would stop me from buying their game, fortunately they shot their own foot with the price and crapton of other things anyways.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 12:54:37 am by Tot. »
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline ulya

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 19, 2012, 12:25:17 am »
+1

A free to play game with microtransactions is very reasonable, since the devs will obviously want to make atleast enough money to keep the servers up and such.

But a game for which you have to pay €60, and than continue to pay more jewgold, that's just taking it too far.

Also "Always online DRM(which isn't always online, since it's offline 75% of the time)" for SP and such, I think those things are unacceptable, and I'll do my best to complain and make less people buy games, and thus support the devs of those games.

Offline Life

• Marshall
  • Renown: 763
  • Infamy: 281
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mod is dead.
  • Game nicks: Assassin_Life, Efil, iK_Life
« Reply #141 on: May 19, 2012, 02:35:06 am »
make a poll? so we can all see the opinions,

Its good,

Its bad,

or Its a dissapointment? idk..
Assassin Video
My custom crosshair

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #142 on: May 19, 2012, 09:13:06 am »
+1
I enjoy playing it... 'nuff said  8-)
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #143 on: May 19, 2012, 01:51:29 pm »
Gee, just because you can pay real money to get some good gear doesnt mean every one in the game will do it. And what difference will it make? maybe in pvp it will have a big impact but pvp isnt out yet (i think) and i think personal skill wins over better gear anyways. If blizzard wants to make an extra profit its fine with me since they make good games and they are pretty active on patching / releasing new content.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline djavo

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 120
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Salut
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HDZ_wing
  • Game nicks: Djavo
  • IRC nick: Kebab_Monteno
« Reply #144 on: May 19, 2012, 05:15:01 pm »
+1
c-rpg is dead

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 19, 2012, 06:12:35 pm »
I'm not disappointed at all. The way I see it, it's just like Diablo 2 but with better graphics and bloodier. I love it!

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #146 on: May 19, 2012, 07:18:17 pm »
+1
I'm not disappointed at all. The way I see it, it's just like Diablo 2 but with better graphics and bloodier. I love it!
QFT.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #147 on: May 19, 2012, 11:46:31 pm »
As far as the RMAH is concerned, i think it is fine, but it was disappointing to find out that they wont be doing it for hardcore. That is where they would make the majority of the money from auction house anyways.

Also, Whimsyshire is really funny. I got all the materials for it and was running it with peppovitch and a few others from hospitaller. One of our members got a legendary item called the horadric hamburger from it, and when u equip it it actually looks like ur carrying around a hamburger, lol.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 11:53:53 pm by Havoco »
Pock gobblers

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
« Reply #148 on: May 20, 2012, 10:08:57 am »
+1
awsome, i have to try that lvl  :D

Offline Harafat

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Harafat_HRE
« Reply #149 on: May 20, 2012, 02:12:23 pm »
it's very very hack-n-slash
And i've waited about 12 years for this!   :P
This is basicly what diablo is all about. Each class is designed to take out dozens of mobs at once. Gore, blood, agression. No time lost with intrigues, banter or character development.
Either you RP, as in skyrim or fallout, or either you hack and you slash as in diablo. I can savour both.  Games that try to a bit of each generally suck.
Loving it!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 02:13:36 pm by Harafat »