Author Topic: Diablo 3  (Read 22850 times)

Offline SquishMitten

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Mew, Kitty + many more
Re: Diablo 3
« Reply #120 on: May 17, 2012, 03:51:57 pm »
+1
I'm not sure of him, but i DO know nothing. Please explain to me all the character customization there is. All i know, is that you can have max 6 skills, and there are no skill trees/passive skills whatsoever?

Your character can have 6 active skills, these can be changed at any time
these 6 skills come from your total of 25 available skills
each of these skills has 6 variations that change how the skill works and what it does (some more drastically than others)

in addition you can take 3 passives from a pool of 15, again these can be changed at any time
this leads to a massive variety of skill builds you can make

as far as stats goes, these come from gear, so you can switch around your gear to increase damage output, health, armour, resistances and dodge values
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

In memory of Merciless_Mew, member of Merciless, ruler of Istiniar

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 17, 2012, 04:47:09 pm »
If you can have a certain number of skills and change them at anytime then why not just have them all available, or do the skills themselves level?
And how!

Offline Opium.dk

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen Of Fenada
  • Game nicks: Opiumdk
« Reply #122 on: May 17, 2012, 04:56:27 pm »
Having all skills available would not only make you OP but also ruin the customization of builds.
(click to show/hide)

Offline ulya

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 17, 2012, 04:57:28 pm »
+1
Diablo 3 was designed for more competitive PvP

So D3 is designed for PvP, but there is no PvP available yet?
And: if one player has to grind all day every day to get one item, and another one can just ask his mommy for her credit card and buy the same item that blizz will sell him to make even more jewgold, than it is pay 2 win in my, and a lot other peoples opinion.
(click to show/hide)

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 17, 2012, 06:39:45 pm »
Having all skills available would not only make you OP but also ruin the customization of builds.

But SquishMitten's saying that you can switch them out at anytime, so to me that's just saying I'm going to be switching back and forth between a crowd control set and a focus firing set which doesn't really seem like customization and no thought on my part.

On a side not you're going to have 5(?) classes but only have games with up to 4 people?

Also, the most fun I had in Diablo 2 was joining a game with characters around my level and declaring that if they want to reach the boss they have to go through me and going hostile against the party.
And how!

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
« Reply #125 on: May 17, 2012, 07:25:49 pm »
well there is a cooldown when u switch skills, so u have to do it before going into action  :P

Offline SquishMitten

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Mew, Kitty + many more
« Reply #126 on: May 17, 2012, 07:50:46 pm »
well there is a cooldown when u switch skills, so u have to do it before going into action  :P

And at max level you get a buff for not switching your skills

In memory of Merciless_Mew, member of Merciless, ruler of Istiniar

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #127 on: May 17, 2012, 11:52:34 pm »
And: if one player has to grind all day every day to get one item, and another one can just ask his mommy for her credit card and buy the same item that blizz will sell him to make even more jewgold, than it is pay 2 win in my, and a lot other peoples opinion.
(click to show/hide)

The item needs to be found first then put on the auction house, you moron.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 18, 2012, 07:42:04 am »
The item needs to be found first then put on the auction house, you moron.

There's a ton of people playing and out of this there's a lot of (chinese) grinders. Give it a week or two and you'll have all kinds of best items to buy.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #129 on: May 18, 2012, 07:44:39 am »
But its not blizzard selling the item.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 18, 2012, 08:08:13 am »
+1
But its not blizzard selling the item.

I know I don't care about blizzard selling the item. But if the best items can be sold (by anyone) the game gets a nice pay2win tag to it.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #131 on: May 18, 2012, 08:27:56 am »
So glad I got this game for free. I'm moderately enjoying it, which I should be faunching at the bit to get home and play, but more or less I'm just kind of blah with it. I give it like a 5.8/10, very laid back, very casual, some times it's rough or difficult when you're playing Nightmare or Hell games, but for the most part I just think it's short, obviously linear, characters lack meaningful progression, and it's very very hack-n-slash or button slapping.

But hey, that's what Diablo is primarily about, and given this is my first Diablo game and I wasn't a fan-boy prior to this launch, I guess it makes sense that people would enjoy it. But for new players making Diablo 3 their first Diablo title, it's going to be a very weird experience.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #132 on: May 18, 2012, 10:05:38 am »
(click to show/hide)

There is no PvP arena yet because rather than delay the release of the game as they felt the PvP arena needed more work, they released the game as dated and will add the arena in, why is that an issue? people get to play and level up and then PvP when it's added in, not really an issue there, atleast they actually want to release something polished rather than just throw in a broken PvP system.

Again, people seem to throw the pay2win thing around alot without obviously knowing the meaning of it, pay2win always meant items that can ONLY be bought from the developers that were superior to the items you can find as a player. Diablo 3 allows you the choice of finding your own items which can be as good as those you'll see players selling on auction house for game gold and real cash, how's that an issue? if some little turd buys items with his parents credit card who cares? it's not going to make him the best player and because it's an RPG he's going to have to get to max level to be using the best items, in which time he could have probably found or made the item he has bought from the auction house, or an item equally as good. The items are NOT being bought from the developer and the items sold by other players are the same items as you can FIND or MAKE yourself.

Plus, I am by far not a 'fanboy', I am not stating this is a perfect, or a fantastic game, there are multiple things that I dislike about the game and multiple things I like about the game, I'd only probably give it a 7/10. But the stuff you are writing here is just nonsense, considering you haven't even played the game. I am not big on the "real money auction house" myself, but it by all means is not pay2win, because I don't have to buy anything to compete.

Offline ulya

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 18, 2012, 11:03:49 am »
I was talking with some people before and something interesting came up:

Blizzard takes a % from the RMAH, but the servers are controlled by blizzard, so blizzard can do what they want on them. They have the power to completely change the supply/demand, spawn and sell items and make even more money. Not saying that this will happen, just interesting to know.

Iif one person has to farm 2 weeks for one item, and somebody else can just buy it, it is, in my opinion pay 2 win, because this person can pay, to get something somebody else has to work very hard for, 2 win.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #134 on: May 18, 2012, 02:52:02 pm »
I was talking with some people before and something interesting came up:

Blizzard takes a % from the RMAH, but the servers are controlled by blizzard, so blizzard can do what they want on them. They have the power to completely change the supply/demand, spawn and sell items and make even more money. Not saying that this will happen, just interesting to know.

Iif one person has to farm 2 weeks for one item, and somebody else can just buy it, it is, in my opinion pay 2 win, because this person can pay, to get something somebody else has to work very hard for, 2 win.

The difference is that the item he bought doesn't make him "win", you really should stop with your highly flawed argument, I have stated several times pay2win means when the items that are better than anything you can get in a game are only obtainable with real money, this is not the case in Diablo 3. Every item is obtainable for every player without paying any real money beyond the games original purchase and there are so many combinations of  decent weapons etc that there is no such as THE best weapon. At the end of the day it doesn't matter if one guy just bought it and the other guy took 2 weeks to find the item he wanted, they both have the item and one guy didn't have to spend money on it, he is better off.

So what if Blizzard take a %, it's a small amount, they run all of these servers, maintain the game and will patch it, so it doesn't bother me if they're making a bit of cash from people wanting to sell for real money. If alot of people are playing it, enjoying it and selling lots of items on the auction house for real money, then surely they, as a developer, they deserve money? after all it doesn't matter what anyones opinion on the game is, if thousands of people are playing it then that's all that matters.