Author Topic: Diablo 3  (Read 22864 times)

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
Re: Diablo 3
« Reply #105 on: May 16, 2012, 05:12:27 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)
people seem to be angry :P

Yeah it makes me laugh how people shit and piss their pants because a game isn't working flawlessly on release day, it's very normal for games like this to encounter problems on release date, with the internet being what this game requires, especially when there is an insane amount of people trying to play it at once.

Though I played just fine yesterday for alot of hours and have been playing fine today, so it must be the people who stayed up all night hoping to play it from midnight exactly without any issues.

People are like "it doesn't work today, OH MY FUCKING GOD MY LIFE IS OVER WHAT THE FUCK THIS GAME FUCKING SUCKS", even though this isn't the first time a PC game has had issues on release, especially internet PC games, people need to get a fucking grip lol.

Offline ulya

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 16, 2012, 05:16:54 pm »
+1
No, the reason why people hate it is because you need to be connected trough blizz servers at all times, to play, even while playing singleplayer.

If it laggs because it is release day and a lot of people want to get on, it is blizzards fault for having you connect to a server to play SP.

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 16, 2012, 05:41:54 pm »
+1
No, the reason why people hate it is because you need to be connected trough blizz servers at all times, to play, even while playing singleplayer.

If it laggs because it is release day and a lot of people want to get on, it is blizzards fault for having you connect to a server to play SP.

By singleplayer you mean what? offline singleplayer where your character is NOT stored online and never gets to be used online?, yes that should have been added in like it was in Diablo 2. But if you want to play Singleplayer online, where your character benefits from the multiplayer things like PvP and auction houses then it's just tough shit that people cannot connect, because it was the same on Diablo 2. This many people aren't complaining because there is not an offline singleplayer mode, they are complaining because they can't play online, whether it's alone or with friends.

Offline ulya

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 16, 2012, 05:55:07 pm »
+1
A lot people just want to run a game and play it when they want to play SP.

There are many stories about people, especially from countries with bad internet/"bad" geographic location that are having problems with Diablo 3, even in SP, because of blizz servers. Australians for example will almost always have 200-300 ping, which makes the game impossible, especially considering that everything is server sided.

There are a lot other reasons for it to get such low metacritic score, such as p2w, not too much content etc, but since I haven't played it myself I won't bother with that.

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 16, 2012, 06:12:53 pm »
+1
There is an Asian server for Australians.

In Diablo 2 there was Singleplayer option, i.e for OFFLINE gameplay, but you could also play Singleplayer online, you just made your own private game.

You can't play an offline singleplayer in Diablo 3, which is dissapointing, they should have really added that option, but that is not the main reason most people are complaining, especially considering it was stated LONG ago that Diablo 3 would NOT have an offline singleplayer mode, so anyone who bought it that lives in a mountain or a cave where they have no internet or really shitty internet, is stupid.

Most people complaining are ones that want to play online whether it's alone or with friends/random players, all because they can't wait a couple of days for everything to be smoothed out, they feel like their life is withering away and they are falling behind in levels and items, lol. I just feel that if someone can't wait an extra day or two for the game to be smoothed out then then I think they need to get a life, lol.

For me I played just fine yesterday with my friend, I only lost connection when they did maintenance on the servers and today I played fine too with no connection losses. I'm sure I'm not the only one considering I saw thousands of people playing in public games. If I couldn't play due to server issues etc I would just wait and look again later, until it's fixed and I can play, rather than cry about it and give bad ratings on meta-critic, lol.

p2w? not really, the items that will be sold by players on the auction house can be found just like the player selling it found it, you don't need to pay anything to 'win', especially because in Diablo 3 items are not the be all end all like they were in Diablo 2, you will be able to beat players who have better gear than you. Not much content? Act 1 takes alot longer than Act 1 in Diablo 2 did for example, there is plenty of content right now and even more so once the PvP arenas are patched in, which is what alot of people are going to be playing.

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 16, 2012, 06:31:06 pm »
+2
Yeah it makes me laugh how people shit and piss their pants because a game isn't working flawlessly on release day, it's very normal for games like this to encounter problems on release date, with the internet being what this game requires, especially when there is an insane amount of people trying to play it at once.

Most of negative reviews are about the dumb idea of being constantly online to play an offline game, hideous graphics and real money auction house. Hence I agree with all of that, plus lack of any depth regarding character customization and absurd price, I'll be simply skipping this one since it's not a worthy successor. PoE might be, Torchlight might be, but certainly not this. This is a trademark ripoff.
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline ulya

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 16, 2012, 06:48:24 pm »
+1
Nobody is complaining about the servers being down for a few hours on release date, this happens with almost every game launched these days.

But if you bothered looking at the reviews in metacritic:
(click to show/hide)

Offline SquishMitten

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Mew, Kitty + many more
« Reply #112 on: May 16, 2012, 06:58:57 pm »
+1
lack of any depth regarding character customization
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

there is wayyyy more character customization than D2

In memory of Merciless_Mew, member of Merciless, ruler of Istiniar

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 16, 2012, 09:32:58 pm »
+1
Nobody is complaining about the servers being down for a few hours on release date, this happens with almost every game launched these days.

I did look at the meta critic and saw a ton of reviews mentioning how they can't play due to the servers, not every review is going to be about that but alot of them are, you've got to be a fucking loser to be writing 0 rating reviews just because you can't wait a few hours more.

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 16, 2012, 10:17:14 pm »
+3
You do realize that if not for this whole hype thing and general fanboism regarding Blizzard releasing a game which is basically singleplayer with coop with such ridiculous DRM-heavy mechanics that requires you to be online all the time and then not delivering decent enough service to actually allow players to play singleplayer would be perceived as a scandalous release failure? It's quite amusing that the crowds still worship Blizzard when the people responsible for the games which made the companys name aren't there anymore at all, and it's just the name and the greed of the publisher whats left.

Oh, right. One more thing. The real money auction system is probably the most shameless attempt to get additional money from players I've ever seen. If you think about it for a second, you'll realize how twisted the whole game concept is and how greedy this is: there is no more character build to speak of other than the gear, therefore gear is the deciding factor defining your character. The gear is to be bought for real money using the auction system, of which Blizzard is getting profits. Hence it is reasonable to call it pay to win, and a very insolent one.

Thankfully PoE is on its way.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 10:44:22 pm by Tot. »
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #115 on: May 16, 2012, 10:56:15 pm »
+1
Bought it played it ernjoy it greatly.
Just like Starcraft 2 actually.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 17, 2012, 02:10:31 am »
+1
Oh, right. One more thing. The real money auction system is probably the most shameless attempt to get additional money from players I've ever seen. If you think about it for a second, you'll realize how twisted the whole game concept is and how greedy this is: there is no more character build to speak of other than the gear, therefore gear is the deciding factor defining your character. The gear is to be bought for real money using the auction system, of which Blizzard is getting profits. Hence it is reasonable to call it pay to win, and a very insolent one.

We can't have those dirty asians cutting into our market with their bots and selling things for cheaper, that would be un-american
And how!

Offline Leesin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 17, 2012, 02:37:52 am »
+1

Gear was the defining factor in Diablo 2, you could have two characters the same build, if one had the better gear he had a high chance of winning, the difference doesn't seem to be so bad on Diablo 3, there doesn't seem to be insanely unbalanced items, it progresses smoothly. You don't have to buy anything for real money from other players, you can find and also make the same items as what will be sold on the auction house, the choice is there for you to either buy it with your real cash, trade for it, or just go find it yourself. There is no item that is going to secure you a victory over every player just because you have it, Diablo 3 was designed for more competitive PvP, with fights lasting more than 2 seconds, unlike Diablo 2.

Pay to win means the best items are ONLY available to buy with real cash, this is not the case in Diablo 3, players find or make their own items then have the option to sell them for real cash, no one has to buy anything to compete.

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
« Reply #118 on: May 17, 2012, 03:19:29 pm »
+1
there is wayyyy more character customization than D2

I'm not sure of him, but i DO know nothing. Please explain to me all the character customization there is. All i know, is that you can have max 6 skills, and there are no skill trees/passive skills whatsoever?

Offline Opium.dk

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen Of Fenada
  • Game nicks: Opiumdk
« Reply #119 on: May 17, 2012, 03:35:55 pm »
+4
Im having tons of fun and only minor complaints, so suck my balls my old friends.
(click to show/hide)