Author Topic: Robert Namo  (Read 1802 times)

Offline panderson

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The White Company
  • Game nicks: Pandersonsonsonsonson_WCo
  • IRC nick: Panderson
Robert Namo
« on: March 19, 2011, 06:13:58 am »
Who unbanned robert Namo?  I have not seen a post here.  He was banned for repeated intentional FF.  Somehow, I see him on the server today.

Offline Gash

• Count
  • Renown: 151
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS/Occitan
Re: Robert Namo
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 02:57:10 pm »
Don't remember seeing that name. I'll have a look.
CRPG NA Server Admin

Offline Gash

• Count
  • Renown: 151
  • Infamy: 29
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS/Occitan
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 03:19:46 pm »
He's banned on the siege and 80-man, but his name does not appear on the 100-man ban list.

I have added it.
CRPG NA Server Admin

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 06:46:21 pm »
As a neutralish observer, I personally have not noticed any shenanigans from Robert of late.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 06:50:57 pm »
yea same, I've seen this player alot ingame without noticing any tking behavior(in last 2 weeks at least)
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline panderson

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 04:26:51 am »
Gash,

I'll try to jump on your vent sometime soon, but there is something wrong if he was already on the siege banlist.

I was playing siege yesterday and saw him in there.  When asked why he was tk'ing...he used the old "someone else was playing on my computer" excuse.

Offline robert_namo

• Count
  • Renown: 170
  • Infamy: 55
  • I don't understand.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis "of the Stars"
  • Game nicks: Robert_Namo_Astralis
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 04:59:34 am »
Hi, ummm I would like to say that I do not purposely TK. There are many players that can vouch for me since I am online a lot. I am not using the excuse that someone else was on my account as a lie since it was actually my 14 year old cousin playing at the time. I never thought he was going to tk and get me banned. I will take full responsibility for it and I won't let it happen again. Thanks.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 07:34:01 am »
I have personally been ruined for countless matches from the constant TKing from him during siege, as that guaranteed a permanent X1 for whatever team he was on (Mostly attacker in my experience, tied up a dozen members at any given time as we knew he was going to spawn and instantly start again).

if it was someone else playing his/her account then I hope that never happens again, but I personally was extremely exasperated from being subjected to it (as well as having zero enjoyment if on the opposing team as we knew it would be a cakewalk with him TKing/tying up players so much).
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 07:37:03 am »
More proof that you should never EVER EVER let someone else use your computer unsupervised.  Dead serious, and every respectable gamer/puter geek should already know and adhere to this common sense.  Which is also why it's a shitty excuse like "I just let him play with my gun, I didn't know he was going to shoot the neighbor!".
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Hauptmann

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • I love you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 10:23:44 pm »
More proof that you should never EVER EVER let someone else use your computer unsupervised.  Dead serious, and every respectable gamer/puter geek should already know and adhere to this common sense.  Which is also why it's a shitty excuse like "I just let him play with my gun, I didn't know he was going to shoot the neighbor!".

Correct. I don't even let people I don't trust use my web browser without being in the room.
Never again.

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2011, 08:35:40 am »
I have personally been ruined for countless matches from the constant TKing from him during siege, as that guaranteed a permanent X1 for whatever team he was on (Mostly attacker in my experience, tied up a dozen members at any given time as we knew he was going to spawn and instantly start again).

if it was someone else playing his/her account then I hope that never happens again, but I personally was extremely exasperated from being subjected to it (as well as having zero enjoyment if on the opposing team as we knew it would be a cakewalk with him TKing/tying up players so much).

This. also experienced it.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2011, 02:55:17 pm »
In Robert's defense, I can tell you he doesn't intentionally TK.

He has that agi build that goes crazy with a katana or mallet, which is awful in a crowd; leading to the team killing. Honestly, the only reason I don't have a problem with it is because of my armor.

I'd vouch for Robert getting unbanned though. It's not like we don't end up team killing ourselves.

ps Robert, the reason I end up team killing you a lot is because you step in front of my swings with that fast build (I've one shotted a friendly teammate before; hilarity ensued)

Offline panderson

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 02:51:46 am »
After Robert's post, I have no problem.  I suppose I will believe him this time.  However, if it happens again.... 

I am more concerned that he is able to play despite being on the banlist according to Gash.  That is the primary reason I made the post.

Gash, how is it that he is able to play despite being on the banlist?  Is it not syncing with the server?  My concern is not so much Robert as it is some other troll that is banned but able to play.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 02:55:34 am by panderson »

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Sphinx_
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2011, 03:56:36 am »
He just has a very , very .. oh I really mean VERY, big mouth but I've never seen him TK or FF.

He talks a lot, but don't insult anyone (as far as I've seen)

Offline robert_namo

• Count
  • Renown: 170
  • Infamy: 55
  • I don't understand.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis "of the Stars"
  • Game nicks: Robert_Namo_Astralis
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2011, 08:15:56 am »
He just has a very , very .. oh I really mean VERY, big mouth but I've never seen him TK or FF.

He talks a lot, but don't insult anyone (as far as I've seen)
I DO talk a lot but I don't like being silent all the time. That would be one way of knowing the character being played is not me, it is not typing every 4.5 seconds. I did not know how bad the TK issue was but seeing these posts, it makes me not want to let anyone else use my computer. Thanks for the support guys.