20 (19.6%)
POLLS
12 (11.8%)
BOTH
16 (15.7%)
NOTHING
54 (52.9%)

Total Members Voted: 102

Author Topic: Remove Polls and "M" forever pls  (Read 2056 times)

Offline Berserkadin

• Duke
  • Renown: 592
  • Infamy: 145
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -
  • Game nicks: Krewl_The_Urist_Fox
Re: Remove Polls and "M" forever pls
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2012, 02:36:16 pm »
+1
I love being able to report with M, it's really good since people can be punished for swinging recklessly and hitting their teammates, if you get 5/5 reports you deserved the kick even if your teamhit where "unintentional".
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2012, 02:49:56 pm »
Also I quite like new wave of players. They doesn't know how to play (they bought warband yesterday), but can make 3-5 ban\kick polls in a round instead, because it's clear, that only cheaters can kill their mighty 12 level characters.

Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Ptolemy

• Weeaboo
  • Count
  • Renown: 257
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
  • Game nicks: Nomin
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2012, 02:50:16 pm »
+2
Reports are fine, I've never had more than 2/5 in any game I've ever played. If you're getting kicked because of M reports, guess what? You suck and you deserve it. Leave the report alone.

As for polls, it already is a bannable offence to ragepoll. I've seen people given 4 day bans for it. Nothing is broken, stop trying to fix things which are absolutely fine.

/thread.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2012, 02:50:49 pm »
M is the only real defence we have on the servers without an admin to report to. I agree on the polls.

Offline Rhygar666

• Count
  • Renown: 230
  • Infamy: 107
  • möp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Rhygay666_HRE
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2012, 03:52:46 pm »
only remove ban polls (and most retard make ban polls without a reason or at least stating a reason)

im fine with being kick polled and kicked if its with a reason i mean i am back in like 10 secs.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2012, 04:07:59 pm »
I love being able to report with M, it's really good since people can be punished for swinging recklessly and hitting their teammates, if you get 5/5 reports you deserved the kick even if your teamhit where "unintentional".

your state of mind pinpoints exactly the majoritys of the community way of thinking.

so wrong m8.

continue with the discussion really interesting reads so far.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Renten

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2012, 04:10:26 pm »
+1
The problem with kick polls: The abuser comes back in within 10 seconds.
The problem with ban polls: The person thinks they got permabanned when they really didn't.

Solution: Remove ban polls, make kick polls last 10 minutes.

Otherwise total removal will turn into the sabotage fest that Napoleonic official servers are. First round is good, then someone ends up on the other team from their clan and decides its high time to kill the artillery or shoot a cannon at their team. Now I know the people on the NA crpg servers are pretty good about killing off these people immediately the next round, but no one should have to deal with that shit in the first place.
Polls should be off when an admin is on.

"M" shouldn't be removed. Why? Out of all the classes only the cav classes could achieve that many team hits in one round and even bad cav players don't get kicked by "M". If you get kicked by it it is because you actually are being reckless and hitting your team mates when you shouldn't be.

Offline Piok

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2012, 04:12:32 pm »
M reports are fine. My suggestion is when you teamkill someone you should lose one report automatically.
So when you teamkill someone you drop form 5 to 4 and so on. Because if somebody teamkill more then three times in match he should be kicked even for 2 teamhit reports :mrgreen:

Offline MR_FISTA

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 81
  • Prepare your angus
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoW
  • Game nicks: SoW_MR_FISTA_the_Retribution
  • IRC nick: SoW_MR_FISTA
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2012, 04:14:56 pm »
REMOVE M NOW.

In all seriousness it has no place in siege although my proprosed system would be more effective.

If it could be coded so if you teamkilled more than 2 people in any round you should get a 10 minute ban so you can calm yourself down a consider how your actions are effecting other people.

Currently all that happens is missuse.

Teamkilling is never ok and a few short 10 minute bans would give people time to rethink kind of like a CRPG naughty step

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2012, 04:25:43 pm »
+1
If M were removed, it should auto-kick people after 5 teamwound... Teamwounding is a serious problem in CRPG, and only harsh penalties will get people to think before swinging. 90% of teamwounds are avoidable (except swingthrough ones where 2 people swing, and the first one kills the opponent). If there are teammates around, you NEED to be more careful with your weapon, take an extra second to line up your target instead of swinging like a spaz.

As for ragepolling it seems to be a euro thing, you never see it on NA, only when someone is really causing causing troubel.

Offline Alskaer_Alvari

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2012, 05:28:51 pm »
Teamhit polling should be more consequences. i vote to the decrease from 5 to 4 hits. Many situations people going for frags and dont care if he teamhit you. Many times is has been killed by such a thing.

So? Most of my teamhits(they are few) come from the fact that I´m in a 1-1 with someone and someone else dedcides to greedily steal the kill, resulting in me hitting the stealer rather than the enemy. Yesterday someone jumped right in front of me when I was swinging at an enemy, resulting in me hitting my team mate & him reporting me though it only happened because of his greed...
I often back away from fights that I started because the mass of greedy stat whores comes to rush in and it is clear that there will be TKs when 2 pikes, 3 2h and 4 archers try to take down one freaking guy. So the greedy ones can rush without a worry and everyone else has to really watch their strikes when they decide to try and go in for a nice little kill steal, yeah awesome
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 05:37:59 pm by Alskaer_Alvari »

Offline bigsean

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Idlewild, BigSean, Tacabro
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2012, 05:34:13 pm »
Polls and M reports are fine but there needs to be more consistent admin action on abusers.

For example; http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,30991.msg458311.html

Clear poll abuse, dubbed a "minor offence" with no ban, whereas tw'ing a few times on a single player is a 24 hour ban.

Make up your mind, cause right now all you're doing is encouraging people to throw up polls whenever they get mad.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2012, 06:40:08 pm »
Agreed on the polls, the ragepolling is almost every round now. Make it a bannable offense to poll without first giving a reason for it.
That is already against the rules.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2012, 06:43:12 pm »
So? Most of my teamhits(they are few) come from the fact that I´m in a 1-1 with someone and someone else dedcides to greedily steal the kill, resulting in me hitting the stealer rather than the enemy. Yesterday someone jumped right in front of me when I was swinging at an enemy, resulting in me hitting my team mate & him reporting me though it only happened because of his greed...
I occasionally don't watch out for those people and if they get infront of my swings don't bother cancelling, 'cuss, fuck them... ...and if they hit M after doing something retarded which ended with me accidently hitting them then I'll 100% ignore them and probably end up hitting them three or four times due to not giving a fuck about their safety.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 06:48:40 pm by Zlisch_The_Butcher »
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2012, 07:17:52 pm »
+1
Some times, i hit someone by a genuin mistake, i finish off the ennemy, and while i don't move, typing my "sorry blabla", the guy actually reports me for teamwounding.
Well, i deleted my apology. If the guy reports, then i feel like he doesn't deserve a sorry. It's his choice.

I usually never report anyone, since i know it's a part of the game, mistakes, and such. But it's a must-have feature in case of repeated offenders. I'll even agree on a 4 M vote max, instead of the current 5.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;