Author Topic: Upper limit to skills? 36/3 Flamberge/Pike/Poleaxe?  (Read 506 times)

Offline Ohngesicht

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Upper limit to skills? 36/3 Flamberge/Pike/Poleaxe?
« on: April 28, 2012, 09:28:48 am »
Im thinking about going 36/3 for my second gen, and focusing primarily on supporting team fights with quick lolstabs or slices. But does PS stop at 10? And where does the majority of damage come from? PS, or Proficiency? also, does the flamberge secondary mode give it's stab more range?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: Upper limit to skills? 36/3 Flamberge/Pike/Poleaxe?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 09:37:43 am »
Skills now stop at 15.

The Flamberge secondary mode lessens the range for attack animations, but due to now counting as a "polearm" it will rear horses if it stabs them with a thrust attack (as well as using polearm wpf).

(Damage)=(base_weapon_damage)(1+0.08PS)(0.85+0.15wpf)
^Not counting the swing speed bonus or you hitting with the apex of the swing nor if you hold your attack (Damage is at 150% if held for exactly 0.6 seconds before swung, though if you hold it too long then it goes down to 120%), nor the relative speed bonus between your target and yourself.

So basically, PS gives 8% bonus per, and WPF at 1 is 85% damage, 100wpf gives 100% damage, and 200wpf would be 115% damage.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Ohngesicht

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Upper limit to skills? 36/3 Flamberge/Pike/Poleaxe?
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 09:40:46 am »
+1
Seems a polearm would just plain be better for my idea then.  Thanks for the quick and clean response.