Author Topic: Warband SERIOUS Performance Issues  (Read 1251 times)

Offline Makadus

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Warband SERIOUS Performance Issues
« on: April 27, 2012, 04:08:27 pm »
I posted this on the taleworlds forum yesterday night.
-----
Alright, so I recently upgraded from:

AMD x2 Processor 2.8GHz
DDR2 RAM, 2X1GB (2gb)
GeForce Nvidia GT430
Windows XP 32-bit

to...

AMD Phenom II x6 2.7GHz [3.2 TURBO]
DDR3 RAM, 2X4GB (8GB)
GeForce Nvidia GT430
Windows 7 64-bit

now, I started installing drivers and whatnot, then finally got to warband, installed it, installed crpg, and then I noticed ingame there was a MASSIVE performance boost with the fps- only on one specific map, and then the map changed and I started getting these DIRTY fps glitches, ... like my fps would be a constant 60-80 but it would just be jittery as if the frames were getting skipped one by one, it is hardly playable and i'm wondering what the hell could've caused it.. I tried changing settings around, tried everything from going back to dx7 ingame to even putting shadows on low... i've tried everything and i'm still getting this jittery gameplay that I cannot fix.. however- it doesnt happen when I face away from combat? but dont get me wrong, it's not fps lag like it's dropping to 20 or something, it's constantly over 60 but it skips frames and just looks really buggy, if there was something i could relate it to, it would be chickens.. you know how they move their head REALLY fast LOL.

but yeah, could anyone help me please? I really want to play warband with my crpg friends.. thanks..  :roll:
Modify message

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
Re: Warband SERIOUS Performance Issues
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 12:51:29 am »
Had the same kind of problem, just dealt with it and sometimes it gets better, sometimes it gets worse.

If your install was 100% clean then its maybe your computer itself.

Offline Primo

• Knight
  • Renown: 35
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • non dvcor, dvco
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
  • Faction: Acre, VeraCruz
  • Game nicks: KotSA, Primo, Colleone
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 04:12:30 am »
I have the same videocard ( GT 430) and the computer its quite similar too (processor, RAM, etc) and i can tell you that the problem is with the videocard. I should have no problem turning HDR to high on something with this videocard configuration, but thats not what happen. Any glitch you're having should be fixed if you take your game graphics to the lowest configuration you can handle. Im having a screen resolution 1024,768 and textures in medium, no HDR/antialiasing etc. Taking all that off will take away your glitches, and, the essence of game graphics.

Offline Makadus

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 07:27:50 pm »
Primo, I have a computer with the capability of running everything on high apart from AA and HDR with 1900x1200, why would I go lower... I get constant 60fps with what it was at before I went to windows 7, my graphics card is NOT the problem. I've looked on other forums and apparently Warband isn't windows 7 friendly. I still have the same problem, I'm not playing c-rpg until I fix it.
And no, putting your settings to it's lowest configurations does not give you a solution to your problems. You can still see the jittery movement when I put it on dx7.

Offline zakker

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Risen
  • IRC nick: zak^^
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 07:37:07 pm »
i have almost same setup tho i have radeon 6870 but ye i had first this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_tearing forcing vertical sync fixed it, and one thing is if you have something like fps moving around 60 to 100 it can couse odd things in screen so try to set max fps to 60-80 and try it out.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 07:39:11 pm by zakker »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login