Author Topic: Side sword?  (Read 3401 times)

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
Side sword?
« on: March 18, 2011, 11:53:54 am »
Side sword? What's it doing in crpg? Why balance most other weapons, then include a lightsaber?

Remove it. Dont balance it, adjust it, reprice it. Just remove it. Or find a way to make it unuseable with medieval shields. Makes me vomit how ugly that combo is, yet how effective. Shields are still skillless, untill they have some kind of stamina limit, so sitting behind a steel shield no longer makes you invulnerable to attack from 270 degrees, occasionally spamming lightsaber leftcut, 1hit someone, and back to behind the unbreakable unshiftable bullshit.

Or, game devs, stop pandering to shielders, and reinstate a kick that actually HAS a hitbox?? As it is now, Ive not beenkicked  in crpg for.....months. Its a great part of the game, yet unusable versus anyone but the lowliest noobs.

So, make shields less noob, remove sidesword, or allow kicking. And yes you can say: Kicking is STILL in the game noob L2P. But if you kick me in crpg while Im NOT afk or tunnelvisioned the other way, I will send you the entire contents of my bank balance, irl, I swear.

Or hell, if sideswords are in, why cant we have other weapons from same timeframe: Arquebus, matchlock musket, etc?? Hell, why dont we just HAVE lightsabers, flying dragon mounts, magic misiles, and healers who can ressurect. Doesnt seem any more out of place in warband to me than the side sword.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 02:08:30 am by Kalam »
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline Count_RisArch

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Keep on Rotting in the Free World...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: RisArch
  • IRC nick: RisArch
Re: Side sword?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 12:59:10 pm »
I fear this does not belong in the Strategus forum...
Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.
Imperial Historian Duiker

Offline OoberNoob

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lost Legion
  • Game nicks: LL_OoberNoob
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 01:15:42 pm »
Hell, why dont we just HAVE lightsabers, flying dragon mounts, magic misiles, and healers who can ressurect. Doesnt seem any more out of place in warband to me than the side sword.

I would like to see this in the next patch.

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 01:22:59 pm »
I fear this does not belong in the Strategus forum...

true, I clicked wrong discussion forum, ma bad, If a nice mod could move it, very obliged....

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 12:49:30 am »
Yes, and silos that allow you launch I.C.B.Ms! Oh wait, it's called a throwing lance. Dial in a few letter and numbers on the keypad on the side one, throw it in a direction and watch it kill the guy 5 ft away from it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Huey Newton

• Duke
  • Renown: 555
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Huey_Newton
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 02:45:06 am »
Side sword? What's it doing in crpg? Why balance most other weapons, then include a lightsaber?

Remove it. Dont balance it, adjust it, reprice it. Just remove it. Or find a way to make it unuseable with medieval shields. Makes me vomit how ugly that combo is, yet how effective. Shields are still skillless, untill they have some kind of stamina limit, so sitting behind a steel shield no longer makes you invulnerable to attack from 270 degrees, occasionally spamming lightsaber leftcut, 1hit someone, and back to behind the unbreakable unshiftable bullshit.

Or, game devs, stop pandering to shielders, and reinstate a kick that actually HAS a hitbox?? As it is now, Ive not beenkicked  in crpg for.....months. Its a great part of the game, yet unusable versus anyone but the lowliest noobs.

So, make shields less noob, remove sidesword, or allow kicking. And yes you can say: Kicking is STILL in the game noob L2P. But if you kick me in crpg while Im NOT afk or tunnelvisioned the other way, I will send you the entire contents of my bank balance, irl, I swear.

Or hell, if sideswords are in, why cant we have other weapons from same timeframe: Arquebus, matchlock musket, etc?? Hell, why dont we just HAVE lightsabers, flying dragon mounts, magic misiles, and healers who can ressurect. Doesnt seem any more out of place in warband to me than the side sword.

if u adding a stamina system to shields then add a stamina system for people swinging heavy 2h and polearms
otherwise if you dont it creates more unbalance than before

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 02:58:35 am »
It's weird, I coulda sworn I read a less whiny version of this very same thread not too long ago.

Oh wait, I did: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,2644.0.html

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 02:59:52 am »
actually alot of the stuff is 15th-16th century like the sidesword, I remember a dev saying that they liked 12th-16th century goods, and yes I know that means "handguns" other early firearms were around before this weapon and others   

(actually more like a staff with an explosive end with something to shoot out)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zro0_kGL160 hell first "handguns" like this were fielded in 1300's,

so they came out way before sideswords and the highest end 2h swords(all of which are basically 15th-16th century also, not saying regular 2h swords/claymores/polearms/bastard weapons/peasant flails lol etc etc weren't fielded earlier just stating "Greatsword/Flamberge" named weapons were 15th-16th century
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 03:01:19 am by DrKronic »
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 08:26:45 am »
its reduncolous. Gonna go buy one now.....

Seriously tho, combine it with a decent shield and it has become the IWIN button like Agi stack and katana was prepatch.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2011, 09:05:35 am »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2011, 06:37:03 pm »
its reduncolous. Gonna go buy one now.....

Seriously tho, combine it with a decent shield and it has become the IWIN button like Agi stack and katana was prepatch.
sure.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2011, 10:34:37 pm »

Especially that is forcing me to thinking over, whether by chance you aren't ill mentally.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 10:36:08 pm by Dravic »

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2011, 03:58:17 pm »

The sidesword just needs a nerf imo, yes it looks a bit ridiculous, but cRPG is not a historically correct mod.

The kick however oh yes, please, fix the kick. I lobied for a change to the kick back when it was first nerfed into oblivion. My suggestions as to the kick: increase the range to fit the animation (no more boots going through people without hitting them), add back a bit of control to the kick, about 45 degrees should be enough. That way it's no longer completely useless, while not being the uber I win button that it used to be.

Oh and I'll take that bet, I've been known to kick people.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 04:04:07 pm by IG_Saint »

Offline DrTaco

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • Your eternal reward
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swashbucklers
  • Game nicks: Magical Toaster
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2011, 12:46:03 am »
I think there are a bit more pressing matters than someone with a dinky little 1hander kicking your/ours/his ass.
Don't take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2011, 03:00:02 am »
I think there are a bit more pressing matters than someone with a dinky little 1hander kicking your/ours/his ass.

Which is?

I checked your post history and you pretty much come in with the comment of "I think there's more important issues than __insert something here__" but you never say what.  So the only logical conclusion is this is your method of trolling.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?