Author Topic: Frank was right!  (Read 2098 times)

Offline Ubereem

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Frank was right!
« on: April 27, 2012, 11:40:18 am »
+8
Engineers kick arse!!!

Just played siege with an engineer on our team and roflmao it was great. He set up some equipment and started blocking stairs with what I think were construction sites. He also was throwing lances across the map to our other throwers who were positioned at various choke points. I'm not talking those puny javs either I'm talking those one hit killers. It was like an endless supply lol we had lots of throwing kills. Now me along with 3 other xbowers camped beside the engineer as guardians. We were able to refill our bolts and everything. The opposing team was starting to rage at our defensive perfection. It was great shit. Not sure how battle engineers will fare but siege seems good to go.

I just hit 31 and may go engineer just for giggles. Who knew... Frank knew hahahah all hail Lord Frank!

Lordy Lorden was there he saw.

edit:::::also just to clarify he did not spam more than 1 CS per stairs, he was a legit badass fair-playing engineer. with our entire team basically defending the choke points we didnt need to spam or exploit.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 02:29:20 am by Ubereem »
Jackson And No Bank

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
Re: Frank was right!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 11:44:12 am »
+1
How does one go a engineer build? Was this some kind of ninja I'm not aware of that gives you some kind of engineering skill?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 11:47:18 am by SeQuel »

Offline Ubereem

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 11:45:29 am »
How does one go a engineer build? Was this some kind of ninja I'm not aware of that gives you some kind of engineering skill/
I think he was just a thrower.
Jackson And No Bank

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 12:49:51 pm »
I made a forward spawn with my clanmate in no time by first making an weapon rack then a a forward spawn. Got half of the tream to spawn there and always put pressure on backdoor. It <ent on for the next rounds  8-)

Offline Savior_of_Death

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 44
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Savior_of_Death
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 12:57:24 pm »
I've played siege matches where players from both offense and defense spawned at the same tent and just fought outside the castle. Don't know what that was about.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 02:13:57 pm »
+3
I fucking told you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, guild will be up in the faction section of strat post haste.

Jump through enough hoops and you might get a free csite.

I've played siege matches where players from both offense and defense spawned at the same tent and just fought outside the castle. Don't know what that was about.

That is a bug. I did find a solution. Currently what happens is, you get team swapped and keep spawning at the forward base. It makes them a bit of a risk but when they pay out its the fucking jack pot. Best time to build them is the second round when teams settle a bit. One solution I have found is going to spec, so perhaps if team swaps speced you first and then put you in the team you could be cleansed of your spawn associations.

IMO forward bases are super useful for both teams but are too dangerous for the defenders to build. Attacker spawns every 3 seconds, so if 2 people get team swapped that's a pretty big problem and the forward bases have a lot of health.

---------------------------

As promised, its a bit dirty at the min. I wanted it more polished before "launch" but I'll just polish it as we go. Up coming video should be a bit of fun :lol:

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,30900.msg455587.html#msg455587
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 02:44:36 pm by FRANK_THE_TANK »
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 02:45:35 pm »
+1
Engineers kick arse!!!

Just played siege with an engineer on our team and roflmao it was great. He set up some equipment and started blocking stairs with what I think were construction sites. He also was throwing lances across the map to our other throwers who were positioned at various choke points. I'm not talking those puny javs either I'm talking those one hit killers. It was like an endless supply lol we had lots of throwing kills. Now me along with 3 other xbowers camped beside the engineer as guardians. We were able to refill our bolts and everything. The opposing team was starting to rage at our defensive perfection. It was great shit. Not sure how battle engineers will fare but siege seems good to go.

I just hit 31 and may go engineer just for giggles. Who knew... Frank knew hahahah all hail Lord Frank!

Lordy Lorden was there he saw.

Who was it? He sounds like a man worth his salt. I may have played with him on EU a week back...
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Dan lol

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • ROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLIN
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: If you can't handle me at my durst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my fredst.
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 03:58:37 pm »
+2
I think he was just a thrower.

yup, and since siege equipment is classified as throwing I would wager that throwing wpf reduces breakage chances
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

JABONRA
His mother's asshole, I tragedy

Offline Rainbow

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 07:43:36 pm »
spawning a bunch of construction sites to block stairs and entrances isn't allowed.  Don't explot lol.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 08:22:36 pm »
What you are describing is against the rules as I interpret them. Do not break them or you will be warned and then additional action taken if you continue.

No siege equipment spam

NOT OK: Creating a weapon rack and spawning more than a few items to block movement

Weapons from a weapon rack are fine. Do not create a weapon rack and begin spawning additional construction sites. While the "NOT OK" is phrased "to block movement", it falls under the "No siege equipment spam" rule and the entire thing falls under the 'Use common sense" rule. If you have additional engineers to create the forward base in addition to a weapon rack, that is fine and dandy. But a single engineer having unlimited construction capacity is not.
I may give some leeway due to the wording of the rule to allow 1 construction site to be spawned from the weapon rack for 1 door to be blocked, but it is not there for unlimited spawning of them.

Use the siege equipment, but you need to stay within the guidelines laid out for them. Spawning the throwing lances and tossing them to other thrower teammates is brilliant  :wink:

« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 08:23:49 pm by Rumblood »
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2012, 08:43:33 pm »
What you are describing is against the rules as I interpret them. Do not break them or you will be warned and then additional action taken if you continue.

No siege equipment spam

NOT OK: Creating a weapon rack and spawning more than a few items to block movement

Weapons from a weapon rack are fine. Do not create a weapon rack and begin spawning additional construction sites. While the "NOT OK" is phrased "to block movement", it falls under the "No siege equipment spam" rule and the entire thing falls under the 'Use common sense" rule. If you have additional engineers to create the forward base in addition to a weapon rack, that is fine and dandy. But a single engineer having unlimited construction capacity is not.
I may give some leeway due to the wording of the rule to allow 1 construction site to be spawned from the weapon rack for 1 door to be blocked, but it is not there for unlimited spawning of them.

Use the siege equipment, but you need to stay within the guidelines laid out for them. Spawning the throwing lances and tossing them to other thrower teammates is brilliant  :wink:
EU admins have always said that they have a max 'n' it's three.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2012, 09:13:28 pm »
I've already run my interpretation by cmpxchg8b. There are very few hard rules except "use common sense" and "keep the game playable for all". It is up to the Admin on the server to make that determination. If I ask you to stop spawning construction sites from the weapon rack to block additional passages, stop spawning them. I can think of at least a couple NA maps where there are only two entrances to the flag and construction site spam would completely unbalance the map in favor of the defenders. The rules, and the Admins are there to keep the game playable, not to nitpick over what "spam" means.
The fact is that siege equipment, left unchecked, can very definitely unbalance the siege mode.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2012, 09:47:19 pm »
+1
Im seeking to create/join a eu engeneering team  8-)

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2012, 09:48:59 pm »
Its a shame you are NA player Frank. It would be my pleasure to protect you and your constructions from the people who mean but harm, friends and foes alike.

"NOT OK: Creating a weapon rack and spawning more than a few items to block movement"

I would assume one CS per ladder/corridor/sidewalk is valid, even if placed by the same person. From a common sense point of view, if placing one CS per entrance in order to block movement is not considered correct by devs they simply could alter the health value to 10% or similar. Im not a coder but I guess this task would take just a few seconds/minutes. The fact that CS's are hard to destroy and health values have not been changed so far speaks for CS's being meant to be placed as an obstacle. Griefing and other invalid actions, which are prohibited rule-wise in the first place are not taken into account here.

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2012, 09:54:42 pm »
Yes Xynox, just not by creating a weapon rack and then spamming them out.