Author Topic: Upkeep is broken  (Read 1260 times)

Offline Shamlow

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Upkeep is broken
« on: April 26, 2012, 08:11:40 pm »
I made a thread on your General Discussion about this. I actually got a response from Jacko, who is labeled as a Developer. His exact quote was "Upkeep starts at level 25 and/or at respec.", now I don't know if you just haven't had enough level1/gen1 players to notice this, or just nobody has said anything about it.

As it stands now my character is level 23 and I am currently paying upkeep. I have not respec'd, I have been paying upkeep since I think level 8-9, but I know for sure since level 11. Also I have 4 friends who I have convinced to play, they are all playing and are currently under the cap of level 25, and also paying upkeep.

Now, Jacko also said "There are other factors involved with upkeep, but generally level 25< gen 1 does not pay upkeep." which basically contradicts his previous statement about it starting at level 25, by implying that it can start before level 25, but gives no reason as to why.

I don't know if this is a bug, or the system isn't working right or what. I hope that maybe someone sees why this might be a bad thing for your under level 25s who are new to the game. If I am just wasting my breathe, because nobody cares or whatever please just tell me so I can just playing now. I've already had the pleasure of trying to reason with this great community.

Also, I made a new character and I am still paying upkeep, as per his suggestion.

Offline TheFocusedOne

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Upkeep is broken
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 09:56:07 pm »
+2
You're making a mountain out of a molehill.  I suggest that the first mod that sees this thread lock it, for nothing good will come of it.

Offline Shamlow

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 10:08:08 pm »
Please don't follow me to the trouble shooting forum, when clearly something is either broken or not working as intended. As stated by a Developer.

You can go troll the general forums, thanks.

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 10:23:04 pm »
It used to be 25 but I'm pretty sure it was changed to 15 or something. People were abusing it by respeccing and raking in the cash.

Offline TheFocusedOne

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 11:08:41 pm »
+1
Oh right!  I read somewhere that people would build characters that used min/maxxed heavy armour/plated charger builds that they didn't have to upkeep via well timed respecs.  I shudder thinking about how annoying that must have been.

Offline Warlord_Lawrence

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
  • "Personal Text"? I ain't sharing nothing personal.
    • View Profile
    • CLICK THIS!!!
  • Faction: The faction that doesn't exist.
  • Game nicks: Warlord_Lawrence
  • IRC nick: Warlord_Lawrence
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 12:48:10 am »
I am having the same problem right now. I would love a fix.
~Lawrence

Offline Hoppster

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Billy_Bad_Ass
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 02:33:35 am »
upkeep is broken, but not for the reasons stated. just keep playing and eventually gold isn't much of an issue. gen1 is hard