Author Topic: Forcefields, why are they here?  (Read 1940 times)

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
Re: Forcefields, why are they here?
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2012, 04:47:07 pm »
On a serious note, the force field given by the shield skill is in a way showing that he can block more proficiently than someone with lower shield skills, the only reason they have to resort to a force field is simply because the engine probably doesn't allow the character to zip his shield around like he would irl to block the stuff.

Just use your imagination bro.

thats not true because when you are geting shot to the face shield protect your face,
when you are geting shot to the legs shield protect your legs,
wen you are geting shot to the face and legs shield protect you face and legs

that give you forcefield, thats supernatural abilyty
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2012, 05:16:52 pm »
thats not true because when you are geting shot to the face shield protect your face,
when you are geting shot to the legs shield protect your legs,
wen you are geting shot to the face and legs shield protect you face and legs

that give you forcefield, thats supernatural abilyty
I think as discussed the shielding animation can't represent moving your shield to cover your face/legs etc etc. But that is what shield skill adds, the skill to move your shield more efficiently.
Professional poop cleaner

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2012, 05:32:32 pm »
i am listening

To text? Have fun listening. Most of us read, you fucking idiot. Its YOU I stab in the back and you block it, I went back to shooting you cause of your stupid lvl 35 shield build. Your the poorest blocker I ever seen at stupidly high level, AND you have 9 ping.

Your opinion is not needed, objective, analytical, or even realistic, you just type random shit that comes into your massively self obsessed brain.

As to horsefields (shield on horseback) they are insanely huge.

As bump lancing can be considered as figthing technique, well it is a bit silly that the lance gets through ponys head  :lol:, it requires some practice and timing as you have to aim your lance, so I don't really mind. What is pissing me off is getting bumped couched, I consider couching mechanic as... broken. Not whining, just sayin'.

It takes experience and practise to break the mechanics in many games to get an unfair and ridiculous advantage.

1-Yes lag, but fine. If we can't bumplance then you die when you get run over. Period.
2-a-So you want scimitars to have the blade so much ahead of the hit? No, how is that better.b-The animations in M&B are meant to replace what actually happens, not document it literally.
3-Not possible to alter a weapons grip in game in M&B. It would be nice though(I've thought about it)
4-Almost ALL weapons in CRPG weigh more that they do, so unless you want to make all players run a 3 mph, be quiet
5-Bucklers really don't block that way at all ingame, the only way that would happen is if an archer shot him in the same place several times. I've been hit by arrows that have come from right at front of me several times. Tell the archer who did that to not be an idiot.

1. Go ahead, thats fine, horses running ppl over kill them, thats fine.
2. You need to read before replying. If you havent understood, ask, dont fill in the blanks in your understanding from your imagination.
3. Ok...so halfswording, couching, using throwing in melee doesnt excist...my bad. Idiot
4. No, not really, you have no understanding of physics it seems.
5. You havent been shot by an arrow straight thru your shield. Not once. Ever. If you lokked round with low shield skill, you got shot. Dont lie to make a point, thats what children do.

...in my humble opinion...

AHAHAHAHA your HUMBLE anything just makes me think

the irony

Oh the bittersweet irony of a megalomaniac typing the words "my humble opinion" makes me smile to myself...gtfo Kinn, I've told you before, you argue by making things up and putting words in other's mouths, like women do when they are angry. The ONE time I didn't bother to troll you and had a serious conversation with you, you GTX teamspeak, AFTER YOU had followed ME there to try to have a go at me. Grow up little boy, the world doesn't revolve around you.

I think as discussed the shielding animation can't represent moving your shield to cover your face/legs etc etc. But that is what shield skill adds, the skill to move your shield more efficiently.

WHY should it? You can move your shield around...at least I can...If yours is stuck and you cant turn left or right, or move it up or down when blocking, you should probably reinstall your game or something mate.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 05:34:22 pm by BlindGuy »
I don't know enough

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2012, 06:33:12 pm »
@guy
(click to show/hide)

@topic
how about making shields unbreakable or getting rid of shieldbreaker or introducing breaking points for weapons when they are used to block? Clearly a wooden stick can't forever hold against a claymore ...
Playability vs Realism
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2012, 11:35:09 pm »
5. You havent been shot by an arrow straight thru your shield. Not once. Ever. If you lokked round with low shield skill, you got shot. Dont lie to make a point, thats what children do.

In a logical sequence of events, I would ask your age now blindguy. Aleksander is right on that. Maybe you don't want to know, but it happens. I think I have more experience with a shield than you do, and as every possible logical fallacy works on the internet, that should be a compelling argument.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2012, 11:54:02 pm »
Blindguy, there's no use discussing something that wont be changed. I've tried adressing the forcefield issue too, as have others, but we're a minority. The devs and 90% of the comunity want the game to remain Ilogical when there's no real need, and there's nothing to do about it. Maybe in a future title there will be no such nonsence as forcefields, but not here.
Stop wasting your energy arguing, they like it this way, it will stay.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2012, 02:41:41 pm »
In a logical sequence of events, I would ask your age now blindguy. Aleksander is right on that. Maybe you don't want to know, but it happens. I think I have more experience with a shield than you do, and as every possible logical fallacy works on the internet, that should be a compelling argument.

That you THINK you have more experience than me is laughable. NOONE who has not been the victim of untimely server mismatch, lag related issues or somesuch has taken an ARROW thru the shield. Remember, what you SEE is not what always has happend, there is no sync detection in warband, you might not always be seeing what is happening: example of this: be watching some youtube shit while you refresh forums and have some other apps running as map changes on a over 100 player server: sometimes you will see players fighting invisible opponents, horses flying in the air. These are engine issues in that there is no sync between clients and servers being forced. Another grief of mine is just that: There are VERY limited checks to ensure clients are using same detailing: example, the archers who are using the alwaystight crosshairs to pinpoint prior to shooting, and they are aiming at flourescent models. I hate this...it's cheating imho, should be bannable, but since there are no checks, anything goes I guess :C

@Kinn:
(click to show/hide)

EDIT: took out some silly spelling mistakes. Shoulda stayed in school tbh.  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 02:42:51 pm by BlindGuy »
I don't know enough

Offline Aleskander

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
  • I swear to drunk ossifer I'm not god
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Aleskander, Alesoy Varsov
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2012, 05:41:33 am »

1. Go ahead, thats fine, horses running ppl over kill them, thats fine.
haha lol, try to get the devs to do that, I dare you
2. You need to read before replying. If you havent understood, ask, dont fill in the blanks in your understanding from your imagination.
Pretty sure I understood, pay better attention in 7th grade english, because clearly you don't know how to make a sentence
3. Ok...so halfswording, couching, using throwing in melee doesnt excist...my bad. Idiot
Those are different premade animations, and none of them would fit what needs to be done
4. No, not really, you have no understanding of physics it seems.
So a 5 foot long piece of metal doesn't weigh more that a 2*4 hollow container of wood?
Actually I have, don't make me get evidence scrub
and lokked is not a word

Give most weapons crushthrough, remove force-fields, make it so only two-handed weapons can block, make people die when a horse hits them, nerf archery to hell, make crossbows reload faster and do more damage, make 70% of CRPG peseants due to the incredibly high cost of decent armor, make 50% of people use simple spears, have your character reset every time you die, buff heavy armor, add a stamina system that slows down CRPG even more.

There is your realism in CRPG, have fun with it

And look what we did to OP, not even trying
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 05:47:05 am by Aleskander »

"Die in Turkish Penis"-Grabber, 14-6-12
Never forget