Author Topic: Is anyone in the CRPG community actually excited for War of the Roses?  (Read 7721 times)

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
Re: Is anyone in the CRPG community actually excited for War of the Roses?
« Reply #90 on: April 29, 2012, 04:31:04 pm »
+3
All people who're saying that it's shit are retards. Play the game first :)

All people who're saying that it's not shit are retards. Play the game first :)

See what I did there?

Offline Liwe

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 29, 2012, 04:59:16 pm »
All people who're saying that it's not shit are retards. Play the game first :)

See what I did there?

Seems like someone felt struck by my sentence.

Just hate people sitting around saying "OMFG IS SO LAME IS SHIT" after watching pre-alpha footage. I hope you're not offended once again...

« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 05:20:24 pm by Liwe »

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #92 on: April 29, 2012, 05:08:13 pm »
+1
Just hate people sitting around saying "OMFG IS SO LAME IS SHIT" after watching pre-alpha footage. I hope you're not offended once again...

I get annoyed by people who defend it by saying that it's "pre-alpha". If you think games magically transform from their alpha state to something totally different you are wrong. Generally this is the stage where they start cutting things out ('cause they'll never finish them on time) and trying to make the few things they do keep work correctly.

The game as it stands just seems like a dumbed-down version of warband to me.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Liwe

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 29, 2012, 05:14:46 pm »
I get annoyed by people who defend it by saying that it's "pre-alpha". If you think games magically transform from their alpha state to something totally different you are wrong. Generally this is the stage where they start cutting things out ('cause they'll never finish them on time) and trying to make the few things they do keep work correctly.

The game as it stands just seems like a dumbed-down version of warband to me.

If there will be no improvements to the game and no changes then why don't they release it today? Since you think pre-alpha footage and the official release will be just the same...
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 05:15:51 pm by Liwe »

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #94 on: April 29, 2012, 05:17:13 pm »
If there will be no improvements to the game and no changes then why don't they release it today? Since you think pre-alpha footage and the official release will be just the same :)

ARGH your reading comprehension wounds me personally. Alpha is where they start to realize all the things they'll never finish and they cut them out. It's also where they try to fix everything that's horribly broken. Due to MMO's misleading the population on what an Alpha and a Beta really is, people don't really understand.

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #95 on: April 29, 2012, 06:32:07 pm »
We could go on and say we hate people who make any heavy premature judgements, but then we wouldn't get anywhere, would we?
Professional poop cleaner

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #96 on: April 29, 2012, 06:58:57 pm »
MAN there are just like too many problems with this game. It is completely unacceptable for a finished product. What were Paradox thinking ? I am disappointed.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2012, 07:06:50 pm »
+1
Seems like someone felt struck by my sentence.

I didn't feel struck by your sentence, because I never said it was shit.
I felt struck by the stupidity of your sentence.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2012, 07:12:57 pm »
+1
ye im exctited for War of the Roses just to get away from this shit.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline ZEE_BISHOP

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 29, 2012, 07:20:58 pm »
+1
The developers are claiming it to be the Call of Duty/Battlefield of medieval games.

That's a bigass warning sign to me, when indie developers get a bit of success with a cult game they then sperg out and make a game with claims such as the one above. The problem is they're not an AAA developer and they not only fail to deliver on quality, but they try badly copying from more high budget games. In the process they usually fuck up everything that their core fanbase liked from their original games, alienating the people who would have been their primary customers.

So you usually get buggy dumbed down train wreck of a game that their original fans detest for selling out and the "casual" crowd who they were after hate for being shitty.  :|

And I have to agree with people retorting the guys who are white knighting and saying "it's alpha bla bla". Because very few things will change, it will be bug tweaks and as mentioned if anything features will be removed not added. If you don't like what you see at alpha / beta, you're not going to see something massively different when the game releases. If the devs are showing videos it's because the game is looking the way they intend it to look and so they're happy with the general public to see it.

And if it does turn out to be shit, it will pull people away from warband who will try it and a lot won't return even if they hate the new game.  :shock:
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 07:31:11 pm by ZEE_BISHOP »

Offline Savior_of_Death

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 44
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Savior_of_Death
« Reply #100 on: April 30, 2012, 05:39:08 pm »
That's a bigass warning sign to me, when indie developers get a bit of success with a cult game they then sperg out and make a game with claims such as the one above. The problem is they're not an AAA developer and they not only fail to deliver on quality, but they try badly copying from more high budget games. In the process they usually fuck up everything that their core fanbase liked from their original games, alienating the people who would have been their primary customers.

So you usually get buggy dumbed down train wreck of a game that their original fans detest for selling out and the "casual" crowd who they were after hate for being shitty.  :|

And I have to agree with people retorting the guys who are white knighting and saying "it's alpha bla bla". Because very few things will change, it will be bug tweaks and as mentioned if anything features will be removed not added. If you don't like what you see at alpha / beta, you're not going to see something massively different when the game releases. If the devs are showing videos it's because the game is looking the way they intend it to look and so they're happy with the general public to see it.

And if it does turn out to be shit, it will pull people away from warband who will try it and a lot won't return even if they hate the new game.  :shock:
The thing is it's not even the same developer.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #101 on: April 30, 2012, 06:05:52 pm »
+1
That's a bigass warning sign to me,

No kidding.

"We hope that this game makes a lot of money by catering to the largest demographic of gamers possible, focusing on graphics over gameplay content and creativity"

That's what I read when I see the line "the next battlefield/cod".
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #102 on: April 30, 2012, 06:25:50 pm »
Considering I don't enjoy Call of Duty or Battlefield games specifically because of the "health regeneration" and the focus on multiplayer leveling/perks, and unlocking items; I'm not excited or looking forward to this game.  It's like WoW-type MMORPG for action FPS games.  Fuck that noise. 

I will reserve final judgement until WotR is released and been reviewed (and I see some gameplay footage), but I'm not excited at all about it.  Like most games publishers who finance a game, they want to appeal to the most amount of people as possible, not to make the best game possible for that specific "niche" or market.  That's why you see so many of these FPS replica's, and so many MMORPG's that are basically WoW clones (instead of legitimate off-shoots with different rule sets). 
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 06:27:18 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline BD_Baby_Wolf

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 47
  • Boobs!
    • View Profile
    • Arideas
  • Faction: Guards
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Baby_Wolf
« Reply #103 on: April 30, 2012, 06:44:36 pm »
Hopefully there'll be a demo so i can try it out. Otherwise i will probably stick to M&B.

exactly...
combat mechanics are not near balanced as im m&b. Looks like you can hit a guy just after he has hit you, which is the biggest problem.
But we'll have to wait untill beta to be sure.
Augment your reality, the easy way!