Author Topic: Will there ever be a C-rpg DLC?  (Read 1062 times)

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
Will there ever be a C-rpg DLC?
« on: April 26, 2012, 02:56:12 pm »
It really got me thinking. If the guys in M&M got a deal and released their own DLC than why not C-rpg? Cause before Napoleonic the Crpg mod was the main big thing why people played Warband anyway. :rolleyes:

I mean common, C-rpg has craploads of potential and ideas, but somehow I get the feeling u lack manpower and the fact that u get little money for it isnt exactly motivational. Mybe you can strike a deal with Taleworld or whoever(I got really no idea who does these things),give em some your ideas, make some charts and get alot of moneh for it. :mrgreen:

Mybe im just wrong here and things are more complex than my small brain can handle, but still.....a man can dream of a proper more fun and decent version of Crpg and Strategus. :rolleyes:

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Will there ever be a C-rpg DLC?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 03:00:31 pm »
+2
I am personally still against the idea of mods should be sold as DLC. It is free. Let's keep it that way.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 03:02:18 pm »
+4
cRPG is not pay2play, and never will be. It is a mod and free.
The money you donate will without exception only be used for keeping the servers up.
You are not entitled to any ingame-advantage.

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 03:03:43 pm »
I am personally still against the idea of mods should be sold as DLC. It is free. Let's keep it that way.

Its not a mod anymore, its a DLC. There acctually is a difference. And lets be honest here, whould you spend months of hard work making a mod just so u could get a nice pat on the back and someone says great job? Who likes to work for free?(yes some people do, but there is always a limit of how long they keep at it).

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 03:04:39 pm »
+10
Of course cRPG will stay free.

the DLC would be called cHARRpg

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 03:10:07 pm »
Why not keep C-rpg free and make a new DLC which has a decent budget and is more improved? Let the people play 4 what they pay for. Let them decide if they play the regular Crpg or the DLC that has an acctual budget.

Im not sayin we should start payin for it, im just sayin work out a DLC that is similar to crpg only 5 times better :)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 03:11:18 pm by TiberiusX »

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 04:34:54 pm »
+1
NEVER ever ruin that mod with making it pay2play, this mod is just cool and unique and its ways better balanced than all other mods together.

I will always look up to chadz for making this mod without gaining much money from it.
 Theres no need for selling this underpriced to Taleworlds, cRPG is worth more money than Taleworlds as company... :D
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 05:42:27 pm »
Get on that game marketing website where people fund it with their own money...

If Harald lived around me I'd cook him dinner and do his laundry every day just to keep his ass in front of a computer typing away for 2 more hours a day.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 07:37:03 pm »
How you guys still not getting it. Wtf is wrong with u and the paying thing? I admit im not rich either and I rarely buy games at all...but you missing the point.

The mod has potential, just like M&M did. The point is, if this mod had a budget it would turn to a DLC that is  magically brilliant in less then a year and get a way bigger playerbase.

And M&M wasnt sold underpriced to Taleworlds. The M&M modteam made it and they got most of the moneh and fame ( think atleast, im not too updated at that part). Same with this mod. Cause its developing veeeeeeeeeery slow. I personally think that Strategus will never be finished. I admit, this mod is cool......for 3 weeks or so, but its just a massive grindfest to people who would do whatever it takes if it means they get some XP.

And how is pay2play ruining a mod anyway? You confuse me? Is it bad if a mod moves on and turns into something better and more profitable in your oppinion? ...and yes chadz awesome :D

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 10:11:54 pm »
How you guys still not getting it. Wtf is wrong with u and the paying thing? I admit im not rich either and I rarely buy games at all...but you missing the point.

The mod has potential, just like M&M did. The point is, if this mod had a budget it would turn to a DLC that is  magically brilliant in less then a year and get a way bigger playerbase.

And M&M wasnt sold underpriced to Taleworlds. The M&M modteam made it and they got most of the moneh and fame ( think atleast, im not too updated at that part). Same with this mod. Cause its developing veeeeeeeeeery slow. I personally think that Strategus will never be finished. I admit, this mod is cool......for 3 weeks or so, but its just a massive grindfest to people who would do whatever it takes if it means they get some XP.

And how is pay2play ruining a mod anyway? You confuse me? Is it bad if a mod moves on and turns into something better and more profitable in your oppinion? ...and yes chadz awesome :D

You dont get nothing dude.... The mod wouldn* t be better with a lazy Talewordls noob Modteam behind it. chadz developes very fast compared to other mods. And I think the fact that`s not finished makes this mod a home for many people.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2012, 05:58:23 am »
You dont get nothing dude.... The mod wouldn* t be better with a lazy Talewordls noob Modteam behind it.

chadz whould still be developing it ofcourse, just with some help. And you do know that what u call the Taleworlds noob Modteam was atfirst a 2 person team right? Imagine if they distrubiuted the original Vanilla version for free. I dont think wed have Warband or anything else till this day.

And you like the game to be unfinished?Got nothing to say about that......

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2012, 07:15:49 am »
You can still play MM all you want.

The leap between MM and NW is pretty bloody huge, if we got the same deal here I would hand my money over as soon was possible. On top of that think about the explosion in the player base. In Australia M&B was almost dead biggest server was PW mod with about 30-40 people on during peak hours once or twice a week. Now its flooded and the NW server is full to capacity (64 slots... so fucking lame!) so I'm all for c-rpg getting DLCed.

I vote we split into 2 camps.

Camp IDIOTS (Those against DLC)

Camp Intelligence (Those for DLC)
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2012, 02:26:50 pm »
FINALLY. someone who gets my point! DLC making means more improvements, faster developement, more tecnical help. Nobody said that C-rpg should go if a DLC gets made. Same as M&M: keep em both......

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2012, 03:52:38 pm »
£8 is really nothing, but when you've got 1000's of people paying that it can really help to speed up development.

I think there are a lot of things that would have to change if the game was to become 'DLC' however. (Pianos for one)
Turtles

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2012, 04:04:28 pm »
+1
If you wanna pay,why don't you donate for this mode? No one stops you to pay for this mode.