Author Topic: pay to loom?  (Read 835 times)

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
pay to loom?
« on: April 26, 2012, 03:06:32 am »
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 03:23:16 am by Lichen »

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
Re: pay to loom?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 04:00:31 am »
+1
1) no
2) you can buy loom points from other players and the richest guys buy loom points often
3) no
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 05:23:15 am »
1) no

3) no
Why not? It would help keep a gold balance between new and old players. It would also help reduce the amount of whine about looms since not only does a player have to reach level 31 but they also have to pay too. The amount of gold it might cost was just an example, it could be 30,000 for each +1 or whatever.

Offline Wallace_Ritchie

• Baron
  • Renown: 145
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Luk_Astralis, FatKidsAreHardToKidnap
  • IRC nick: Luk
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 10:49:25 pm »
I like the spirit of the idea. (Helping newer players) I fail to see how this would help them in the long run though. If they are having money troubles in the first place, How is going to help them to charge them gold to loom something once they reach lvl 31? I think it would make things even more bothersome. The more affluent players would not have any problem coming up with an extra 100k, or so.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 11:01:16 pm »
Actually newer players have it easier than the older players had it back then.
A new player levels to 31 (btw no skill is needed for that, only time), sells his loompoint for around 600k and is able to buy another
+1 loom for around 400k (sometimes less) and still has enough money on stock for around two other gens of repair.

Sure an "older" player does of course have a higher gen and more gold, more looms already but they also started from scratch.
It is always good to help newer players but it shouldn't change the whole system or make "older" players feel that they probably wasted time since their start.

I started my current main again in December and I am gen 10 now with 2 +3 looms, 2 +2 and 3 +1 looms and another 400k gold on stock and I didnt even buy items for the most cheap prices but made some good deals on the marketplace. The beginning was quite easy I think.
I also already played on the start of crpg and also lot of other characters until December when I deleted my old main.
I love the system of crpg, its in the beginning abit about time, but it gets easier by generations...

The idea doesnt seem to help imo.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Ptolemy

• Weeaboo
  • Count
  • Renown: 257
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
  • Game nicks: Nomin
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 01:16:06 pm »
Sounds like helping new players, but severely punishing older ones, since many of them won't be able to afford to re-loom all their items.

(Not me though, ninjas are rich)

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 01:25:19 pm »
Shitty suggestion, dont punish the guys who played the game by taking sensless amouths of gold. Also traders would loose a lot of their items (its your fault if you deal with POOPHAMMER)
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1914
  • Infamy: 2684
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 01:34:46 pm »
This will severely punish those who retire, the majority?

I don't like it. They will cry because of it and some things I need, won't be possible in that case.

As Miwiw said, new players already have it easier than we had. Some of them are true con artists, like Angellore who managed to accumulate fair amount of looms in short time of playing.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 06:54:02 pm »
Sounds like helping new players, but severely punishing older ones, since many of them won't be able to afford to re-loom all their items.

(Not me though, ninjas are rich)

I wouldn't be able to afford to re loom all my stuff (right away) yet that's ok with me.  I just hope that ALL players old and new are ok with players who are swimming in gold and looms and to which upkeep is reduced to a minor annoyance. Personally I'm fine with that and I was one of those players (before I bought some looms). So I hope if in the future I happen to be using super expensive gear every round, every day players will not complain about unfairness. Especially when I'm sure there have been many solutions aside from this one offered that many of those players probably rejected.

Thanks for the replies.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 06:56:21 pm by Lichen »

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 07:37:55 pm »
+1
Example: +1 item costs 20,000 gold to loom, +2 item 40,000, +3 item 60,000.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Im dieing.And its your fault.Because you are so stupid.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2012, 08:20:33 pm »
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Im dieing.And its your fault.Because you are so stupid.
Thanks for the intelligent argument.

Offline Brrrak

• Earl
  • Renown: 442
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brrrak
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2012, 05:13:31 pm »
Had an idea: To help keep players from accumulating excessive amounts of gold and being essentially unaffected by upkeep which causes much crying among some players, how about paying to loom? Example: +1 item costs 20,000 gold to loom, +2 item 40,000, +3 item 60,000. It could be implemented as a 'pay the blacksmith fee' to simulate him improving whatever gear it is.  Also along with this idea 'de-looming' of all our current looms so we all have to pay to reloom them.

Ah, yes, let's help people who don't have a lot of money by making it cost a lot of money for them to get something that they could get money with, so they are barred from making money until they get enough money to make that money with. 

(click to show/hide)

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2012, 05:34:24 pm »
Pay to loom is already implemented, its called buying loom points.