Author Topic: Please nerf archery.  (Read 6653 times)

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Please nerf archery.
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2012, 01:29:04 am »
Plus I've hardly had any archery practice.

It's important that you give it a try. Develop an archer char for 1 gen and then comment on the class. This issue has been overly discussed, archery may seem op to you, but you'll find out that it's one of the least rewarding classes. Fortunately there's many masoquists willing to play it.

Offline agile

• Baron
  • Renown: 110
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Agile_Astralis
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2012, 01:42:52 am »
BUFF ARCHERY

Offline FrugFrug

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB Mascot
  • Game nicks: FrugFrug Owl_Beard
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2012, 01:58:54 am »
+1
Snip
I have a gen 1 level 26 archer alt that I do better on.

It just seem stupid that I can do really well with archery after playing for a couple hours, but it took me a couple months to be any good at melee.  :|

I don't really want archery "nerfed", it just needs to be more skill-based somehow. Maybe less arrows in your quiver? Then you would have to be more careful with your shots.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 02:01:36 am by FrugFrug »

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2012, 02:53:26 am »
+1
Archery doesn't need a nerf. It's been nerfed almost every single update/patch/whatever since the start of cRPG. Archery is fine. Look at your deaths. Look at how many good archers there are and how many bad ones there are. It definitely requires the most skill out of all of the ranged classes, in my opinion. I'm a two-hander and I don't use a shield, and I'm saying this.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2012, 02:58:24 am »
Archery is funny. There are a few archers in NA who can 2 shot me, but I wouldn't call it OP. For those few there's probably about a 100 that would need 15 shots to kill me.

That's the one thing I find odd about archery. In melee, most attacks do a pretty good amount of damage. But archery either seems to do nothing, or a shit-ton.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2012, 03:16:53 am »
That's the one thing I find odd about archery. In melee, most attacks do a pretty good amount of damage. But archery either seems to do nothing, or a shit-ton.

A good solution to that would be boosting damage for 1 slot bows while limiting how closed the reticule can be in order to prevent snipping. Then all archers would be worth something. :o

It just seem stupid that I can do really well with archery after playing for a couple hours, but it took me a couple months to be any good at melee.  :|

Good for you then, but I recomend you keep practicing melee, before you consider switching classes. In time you'll be rulling the servers like all the 2 hander e-peeners.

I don't really want archery "nerfed", it just needs to be more skill-based somehow. Maybe less arrows in your quiver? Then you would have to be more careful with your shots.

Its already like that, considering the overall kill counts(Not just your recorded experience). If you make it even more demanding, 90% archers will quit. Like others have said and can be whitnessed in the servers, any other class, do way better than ranged.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 03:22:38 am by Adamar »

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2012, 04:53:59 am »
To me this thread is a complete joke, I was an archer for a couple gens and I stopped because of how hard it is to get kills with 7 power draw, a +3 horn bow and +1 bodkins. Archery is fine where it is. Also I was in that game with you and at least 50% of the people had very little armor on and you probably also killed people who were already wounded
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2012, 05:04:33 am »
I, in all honesty, could not shoot for shit during my archery gen. Raged back to 2h after that gen 'cause I couldn't kill anyone. To this very day I cannot kill anyone above 5 body armor with my Longbow alt unless the target stands still for about half a minute so I can get my shot lined up.

Anyone who gets a KDR above 1:1 on an archer has my respect.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2012, 05:05:29 am »
Anyone who gets a KDR above 1:1 on an archer has my respect.
TIL I have someone's respect on c-RPG...

Feels bad, man...  :?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2012, 05:08:46 am »
+1
TIL I have someone's respect on c-RPG...

Feels bad, man...  :?

Except you. Your avatar and Boxxy's Army thread more than make up for it.

Do you feel better now?

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2012, 05:10:41 am »
Do you feel better now?
Much better, thank you! <3
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline OpenPalm

• Baron
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 18
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Thes
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2012, 05:12:37 am »
Tears, when I first started playing I made my character an archer, and I remember seeing you actually managing to get kills and being amazed.  This was before I respecced to the dark side and went 2h...  :twisted:
Quote from: Smoothrich
Racism against our chinese gold grinding brothers.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2012, 05:15:09 am »
Most days anymore I don't get any kills due to me constantly shooting Cav. Extremely irritating seeing me in a 3/4 or 5/4 score and knowing the 6 or 7 Cav I've blown away don't count.

It's amusing, really. Get a high KDR as an archer and your team always screams out "shoot the cav" but if you shoot the cav then your team screams out "stop sucking."

What with Cav being three times as common as it was when i started, I hardly feel useful anymore  :lol:

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2012, 05:20:18 am »
+1
Being a consistently successful archer is way harder than being a successful melee or cav player IMO.  Throw some plate on and carry a bigass sword and you'll rake in kills in melee.  Same with cav: I just hit level 30 on my first cav gen ever and I've still been able to fail my way to a 2+:1 KDR through bump kills and peasant murdering.  My timing is terrible yet people seem to enjoy jumping on my lance.

Highest KDR I ever got on archer was like 1.5:1 after a gen, and frankly a lot of those kills came from melee.

Fun note for cav this gen: I very rarely get killed by ranged (although I take a lot of potshots), but me and my +3 courser have been 1 shot many times by melee.  And I'm wearing 52 body armor & have 64 hp. I think I've been 1 shot by archers maybe twice (both headshots w/ speed bonus) and a point blank throwing spear once.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline agile

• Baron
  • Renown: 110
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Agile_Astralis
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2012, 05:22:59 am »
Looks like I'm gonna have to aim for you more often.