Poll

Should Mains be able to give money to Alts?  (Doesn't include STFs at this moment, and Alts won't be able to give money to Mains)

Yes.  It'll help halt inflation in the Marketplace.  Let's see this implemented very soon!
No.  (And please, comment why you think it's not good for the community as a whole.)

Author Topic: Giving money to Alts (And why it's a good idea)  (Read 3792 times)

Offline Xeen

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
Re: Giving money to Alts (And why it's a good idea)
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2012, 06:03:40 am »
Sounds good.  This game is way way wayyyyy too restrictive. 

Offline Slev23

• Knight
  • Renown: 52
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2012, 06:07:39 am »
Alts are way too restricted. Like, why can't they access the marketplace? Is the sole reason so that you can't exchange money on an account. It just doesn't make sense...

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • Renown: 394
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mallets and his family
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2012, 06:08:56 am »
Good idea. Implementing.

If you are serious, then I'm a very happy person.

So am I!  Please oh please let it be!!!

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2012, 06:24:33 pm »
Glad to see so many voters!  Thanks for your time (whether you voted "Yes" or "No", your opinion is appreciated)!

And we are almost to our mark of 50 "Yes" votes, and it's only been up 2 days.  I personally would like to have the poll up for a week, before presenting the results to the Devs... and saying, "Please take notice, the vast majority want this implemented... please implement this as soon as possible".

So with several days left in the poll, let's shoot for over 50 votes.  I'd love to see 70 or 80 "Yes"votes.  Heck, why not 100 (though I'm not sure we have enough active forum members for such numbers).

Either way, the more "Yes" votes... the more likely the Devs will take notice... and hopefully implement this feature!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 06:25:50 pm by Mallets »

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2012, 06:54:07 pm »
Idea is pointless. Mains are for playing, alts are for trollin, they dont need any boni, infact already they are too useful, in that you can sac them for their looms. I personally would be happy with alts removed altogether. This isnt the whole world.
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2012, 06:57:19 pm »
Idea is pointless. Mains are for playing, alts are for trollin, they dont need any boni, infact already they are too useful, in that you can sac them for their looms. I personally would be happy with alts removed altogether. This isnt the whole world.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2012, 07:05:17 pm »
Im serious? WHY do you need alts anyway? Because 1/ You want to make a troll Xbow cav. You dont deserve money, or 2/ You are not happy with your main. In which case, retire and do something else.

If you really have so much gold you dont want it, give it to me ffs, I can always use more +3, I respec about twice a gen, cause guess what? I play all the "classes", find them all fairly abusive and easy at 30, and get bored of raping shieldarchers and overconfidant spammers.
I don't know enough

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2012, 07:13:38 pm »
Well for starters Alts will grind for looms slower then mains, so they are not too useful, as if you did the same with your main then you would have the gold and the faster track to looms (xp gen bonus). I should also point out that I have alts mainly so I am never ever bored, and so I can actually compare classes instead of making up random things like a lot of people do when talking about other classes "Oh yes, I played a thrower/cav/twohander/etc a year and a half ago..."
It also helps to cut down on annoyance, as if a patch temporarily screws things up or for whatever reason my main is just "not working for me" then I can fire up one of my alts.

Currently alts are more of a disadvantage then an advantage (which is good), but they are hardly "too useful."

BlindGuy, why you so silly...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2012, 07:15:12 pm »
+2
Im serious? WHY do you need alts anyway? Because 1/ You want to make a troll Xbow cav. You dont deserve money, or 2/ You are not happy with your main. In which case, retire and do something else.

If you really have so much gold you dont want it, give it to me ffs, I can always use more +3, I respec about twice a gen, cause guess what? I play all the "classes", find them all fairly abusive and easy at 30, and get bored of raping shieldarchers and overconfidant spammers.

I have alts because it's more effective to have a level 30 guy of each class you will never retire with anyway if you want to switch classes often.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2012, 07:30:26 pm »
Yes, it's gonna be implemented.
No, the vote had nothing to do with it (not that we look at votes, but 50 is a laughable amount anyway).

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2012, 09:08:48 pm »
Yes, it's gonna be implemented.
No, the vote had nothing to do with it (not that we look at votes, but 50 is a laughable amount anyway).

Well that's awesome to hear!

And I never really thought that Devs were going to implement something because of a Poll.  But I just wanted a way for numerous folks to get behind this idea and make their opinion know (whether only 50, or a 100 plus).

I'm sure this is something you Devs had in ya'lls mind sometime now.  Just glad to see it's going to happen!

Offline Slev23

• Knight
  • Renown: 52
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2012, 09:47:37 pm »
cmp, is there any chance of letting alts become mains under very restrictive conditions?

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2012, 12:25:51 am »
Well for starters Alts will grind for looms slower then mains, so they are not too useful, as if you did the same with your main then you would have the gold and the faster track to looms (xp gen bonus). I should also point out that I have alts mainly so I am never ever bored, and so I can actually compare classes instead of making up random things like a lot of people do when talking about other classes "Oh yes, I played a thrower/cav/twohander/etc a year and a half ago..."
It also helps to cut down on annoyance, as if a patch temporarily screws things up or for whatever reason my main is just "not working for me" then I can fire up one of my alts.

And that's why I am never butt-hurt about balance or feel the need to lobby for my play-style (besides a bit of personal integrity). I have over a dozen alts and play between 6 of them regularly (including my main).

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2012, 12:33:23 am »
Meh, another thing that doesnt matter being implemented while so many problems remain unlooked at. WOOT FOR PRIORITIES!
I don't know enough

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2012, 03:57:48 am »
Meh, another thing that doesnt matter being implemented while so many problems remain unlooked at. WOOT FOR PRIORITIES!

Try filling one of these out sometime

(click to show/hide)
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway