Author Topic: Another mad idea late at night. Base weapon upkeep on popularity!  (Read 4756 times)

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
Re: Another mad idea late at night. Base weapon upkeep on popularity!
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2012, 04:49:47 pm »
+5
The reason - why thomek make this thread- is- he play last time not much, then he come in game and every1 kill him easily, so he want nerf everything expect him, like 90% others whiners want.

For new players crpg becomes more and more hard, right now many prices stabilizing , so soon they will go down= less gold for tincans on repairs from lp, more possobility to earn money for new items for new players and easy to change items for old my old friends. I dont see money and marketplace problems at all.
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2012, 04:55:12 pm »
+1
The reason - why thomek make this thread- is- he play last time not much, then he come in game and every1 kill him easily, so he want nerf everything expect him, like 90% others whiners want.

For new players crpg becomes more and more hard, right now many prices stabilizing , so soon they will go down= less gold for tincans on repairs from lp, more possobility to earn money for new items for new players and easy to change items for old my old friends. I dont see money and marketplace problems at all.

100% agree
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Wiltzu

• Sceptical
  • Duke
  • Renown: 665
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarin_Wiltzu
  • IRC nick: Wiltzu
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2012, 05:01:52 pm »

100% agree
100% agree
When in Rome, live as the Romans do; when elsewhere, live as they live elsewhere.

Kaikki on tasa-arvoisia. Toiset on vain tasa-arvoisempia kuin toiset.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2012, 05:10:31 pm »
Guys take it easy

1. Hes suggestion is so full of shit an fail tbh i dont think chadz is so retarded to add this

2. chadz an the others devs just enjoy watching you guys react to this thread like OMFG WTF DONT AdD THIS BUUUUHH FU TOMEK...

3. A large portion of the player base would never even notice the increased upkeep on their items since most of us including myself is so filthy rich we would still never run out of gold..

4. If you think about how many who would GTX after spending months n months getting their DGS an Kuyaks +3 fx. only to be unable to use it unless like i said they belong in the above...

I wouldn't worry about this at all if i where you or if you use a heavy lance danish great sword arbalest horn bow Arab war horse poleaxe great long axe italian or scimitar great maul rus bow ect ect ect ect ect ect.... the list goes on if chadz want people to use some of the less used gear he would have to buff the items..
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 05:18:38 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2012, 05:31:48 pm »

Stop talking thrash about me Agor. You have never contributed anything but wasted peoples time.

It's very well possible that tincan armor prices will go DOWN, as I personally think they may be overpriced for their utility.

Stop being so scared of finding the true price of an item.

But yes, Templars and Ninjas too will be hardest hit by this change. But not crippling if there is a limit to how much the price can change. Besides, most of us has a ton of cash and looms anyway..

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 05:33:08 pm by Thomek »

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2012, 06:21:53 pm »
+1
No Thomek, they wont, and you know it. There are like 5 ninjas actively playing what are you talking about?
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2012, 07:14:53 pm »
And an innumerable number of copies.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2012, 07:47:23 pm »
+2
Stop talking thrash about me Agor. You have never contributed anything but wasted peoples time.

It's very well possible that tincan armor prices will go DOWN, as I personally think they may be overpriced for their utility.

Stop being so scared of finding the true price of an item.

But yes, Templars and Ninjas too will be hardest hit by this change. But not crippling if there is a limit to how much the price can change. Besides, most of us has a ton of cash and looms anyway..

(click to show/hide)

Im, like many players, allready spended time to figure what we want to use, and how much gold we need on this, and ofc i dont want have shit on my head again, by looking every week or month on how much i will lose or even gain, it is just more pain. We dont need another gemoroi , it is just game for fun, not super duper weird capitalism how you want.

If you want do something, better make something with bolts come thru bodies, and fake block animations, it is more actual then some economic shit.
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2012, 07:55:33 pm »
Well, instead of increasing upkeep on the more popular items, why not lower the upkeep on the less popular ones? Now that would reward players who use the less used items.
This is what I instantly thought and I like it. Give the guys using the never-used weapons a small gift.

Also, how the fuck is this a buff for Thomek and his ninjas? After the Kuyaks and DGS, katana and black lammelar is the most used items.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2012, 05:40:47 am »
Base weapon upkeep on popularity?

Yes. It would help control there being too much of any 1 thing that often makes people start whine topics like (this bow, axe, horse etc is always used, nerf it, too good etc). Seems like this might be one way to help prevent nerfs. You'd think people would be for that but whiners are gonna whine of course. Also I'd like to see heirlooms have increased upkeep from non loomed items.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2012, 07:47:31 am »
The matter of how much and in which direction the price goes is of great significance. But again. A small nerf for those with common items, and a large buff for those with uncommon items, could work aswell.

No Thomek, they wont, and you know it. There are like 5 ninjas actively playing what are you talking about?
I can name 10 that I've talked with and seen playing within a week.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2012, 09:19:42 am »
+3
I can name 10 that I've talked with and seen playing within a week.

10 players Out of what? 600 players..

I encourage everyone and their mother to wear lamellar vest an katanas for a whole week to grief these guys if chadz decide to suicide his mod  :lol:
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2012, 09:56:09 am »
+3
But yes, Templars and Ninjas too will be hardest hit by this change.

BAHAHAH I'm wondering who is still buying your shit, because this is just laughable. The hardest hit will be Danish Greatsword, which is not your sole intention at all, right?

l2 fight danishes, scrub
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 09:57:58 am by Vibe »

Offline Death_Dealer

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • to Shish your enemies, see them Kebabed before you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Shishkebab, Ronaldinho, Colossus, Death_Dealer, Brunhild, Whorecraft, Fahishe, Altair
  • IRC nick: Shishkebab
« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2012, 06:30:41 pm »
popularity may effect the buying price only. but upkeep change is lol.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2012, 08:37:00 pm »
... ofc some clan can just burst prices on some items, to make bad for real users of this items.
you are really delusional mate :)
as anyone would care to make that effort. I am more concerned about my Clan Set Armor going up in prices because others choose the same for them(22nd,Nords,Grey Order alot of them running around with these).
I for myself used the Kujak because i liked the looks and it was one of the rare hairy pelty armors ^^ and it turned out to be an ok armor(in terms of minmaxers not the best choice; done the math).

Still i like the idear to get more fluctuation depending on item usage into the prices. Better and faster way to balance at least prices as any dev/admin ever would be able to do so.

And in the long run only those who are truely comitted to an item will see also the lowering of the prices after people jumped of the bandwagon.

Well, instead of increasing upkeep on the more popular items, why not lower the upkeep on the less popular ones? Now that would reward players who use the less used items.
i guess it would be both at the same time

rough suggestion in terms if gold costs fluctuation
buff by upto 2/3  those with less popular items
nerf by upto 1/3 those with more popular items

+1 for OP

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future