Author Topic: Replace upkeep system with equipment limiting system that works!  (Read 2272 times)

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
Re: Replace upkeep system with equipment limiting system that works!
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2012, 06:28:19 pm »
+1
The current upkkep system is nice, leave it as it is.
Stop bein butthurt and post idiotic crap, just cuz ur IWANTPERMAMILANESEPLATEPLATETCHARGERAND2WEAPONS doesnt work...
I like the system cuz u cant plan exactly how much you will loose and u are forced to stay in mid-tier equip generally.

Usually I try not to talk down to people and indicate that I think they were idiots, and therefore I'd like to be treated the same way.

First of all, I don't use expensive equipment at all, nor do I whish to increase its price. The suggestion is rather unrelated to my own character, it's just something I noticed and thought it could be changed.

You said currently you are forced to stay mid-tier generally, and we agree on that. But I ask you where this is a good thing? Shouldn't people be allowed to run around in heavy plate or even to ride around as heavy cavalry as long as they want? (Under the condition that their class is not OP compared to the others, of course!). Or people, who deliberately decide to use cheaper equipment, shouldn't they get rewarded somehow?

I don't say that upkeep is broken and the game doesn't work any more. I say the upkeep system doesn't provide all possibilities to create an RPG with really interesting options. In the current state there are too many inferior, and too few viable builds. I would like to increase variety in general.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2012, 06:46:25 pm »
I like the idea of making heavy cavalry players to play as heavy cavalry all the time. But balancing them with stats seemed like a bad idea to me. There might be a better way.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2012, 11:15:29 pm »
I like the idea of making heavy cavalry players to play as heavy cavalry all the time. But balancing them with stats seemed like a bad idea to me. There might be a better way.

Yes, it's a bit.. clumsy, but in the end, it's the only solution, besides nerfing horses and lances to pure shit and making plate armour as heavy as siege equipment.  :?

In the end you can only tell for sure when you have tested it...

Offline oohillac

• Marshall
  • Renown: 724
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player
  • boys don't cry
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2012, 04:00:24 pm »
I think this is a great idea, Joker.  +1

But would the "skill" for increasing available gold limit be strength/agility based, or how?

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2012, 06:34:15 pm »
I think this is a great idea, Joker.  +1

But would the "skill" for increasing available gold limit be strength/agility based, or how?

I think this is a question of fine tuning. But I think it would be the best to make it completely unrelated to attributes, because if you decided for one of the two available attributes, you would buff builds who either stack AGI or STR. If you chose the higher skill of both still balanced builds would be at a disadvantage.

The only alternative that comes to my mind is to make it a third attribute instead of a skill. But this is a question of balancing, and you always have to keep in mind that 1 attribute point equals 2 skill points, so actually no change there.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2012, 06:44:59 pm »
This is it, we have the winner. Joxer86 is the new Michael. Thomek will have to wait for some better chance.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2012, 06:46:42 pm »
This is it, we have the winner. Joxer86 is the new Michael. Thomek will have to wait for some better chance.

Heh, that guy
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2012, 06:47:26 pm »

Wtf... I don't get it. Michael was a pure negative whining guy.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2012, 06:50:12 pm »
Wtf... I don't get it. Michael was a pure negative whining guy.

Michael was a pure "I'm gonna open yet another meaningless clueless suggestion just to raise my opened-threads count and to make myself look even more of an imbecile then i already am" type of guy.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2012, 06:52:44 pm »
Michael was a pure "I'm gonna open yet another meaningless clueless suggestion just to raise my opened-threads count and to make myself look even more of an imbecile then i already am" type of guy.

His suggestions were totally unrealistic and only about buffing himself. I still don't see any link with joker.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2012, 07:43:40 pm »

Then please, would you mind to point out at which part exactly I revealed that I am an imbecile?

Perhaps people don't like my suggestions, that's okay, everyone has his own taste. But I think my suggestions at least make some sense, and they should achieve the effects I want quite well, the only thing is that apparently there are only few to none people who want the same effects on gameplay like me.  :cry: