Author Topic: Restore to Original...No Nerfing Period!  (Read 1816 times)

Offline Safavid

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • "The Sultan's own...Sipahi of The Sublime Porte"
    • View Profile
    • The Islamic Union
  • Faction: The Turks (Kapikulu)
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Safavid
Restore to Original...No Nerfing Period!
« on: March 17, 2011, 09:55:32 am »
All weapons, horses, armor, etc. should be allowed at full power...nerfing is BS.  Once all weapons are available at full potential, then everything will balance itself out.  Then people may need to learn some real skills and know why their weapons IRL would be good or not historically.  ie. Turkish Archery (http://www.turkisharchery.info/?p=overview) was the best in history along with the Japanese and English.  However, recently Crossbows have better accuracy, which is crazy.  In fact, I would love to see auto couching for as long as you hold down like in original M&B.  Realism is why people tend to play this game, otherwise they would be playing WOW.
"Nasrun minallahi ve fethun garib. Ve bessiril Muminin!"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Other forum members should not be able to mute somebody by + or -.  That is the worst policy ever seen on a forum.  Look at me...muted due to biggotry for years!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Restore to Original...No Nerfing Period!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 09:57:47 am »
I thought people played cRPG so they can stretch their epeens with their gens and heirlooms and whatnot

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 10:22:35 am »
It's the contrary of what you said, before patch that was bs, no skill was needed to have high tier weapons only time. It was easy time for grinder, and it was hard for new player even with skills.
Now a new player can pwn your lvl30 ass cos he have skills (may be that's your problem).

Because you have the best gear could never give you skills.

How long do you play that mod?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 10:27:20 am by Blondin »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 10:46:09 am »
It's the contrary of what you said, before patch that was bs, no skill was needed to have high tier weapons only time. It was easy time for grinder, and it was hard for new player even with skills.
Now a new player can pwn your lvl30 ass cos he have skills (may be that's your problem).

Because you have the best gear could never give you skills.

How long do you play that mod?

Skills? No. Advantages? Yes.

Retiring is still a pain in the ... for newcomers. I never cared about retirement, so I'm still generation one, yeah laugh at me, one.
And I find the 30-31 grind just too long and dull/boring etc.
So it's grind heaven, again. Just from another aspect of the game.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 11:44:11 am »
And I find the 30-31 grind just too long and dull/boring etc.

... So why do you look at it as grinding instead of "playing"?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 11:46:47 am »
... So why do you look at it as grinding instead of "playing"?

Because it feels like grinding.
Well, I don't care about grinding, my generation 1 is the best example for it.
Just trying to hit 31 now because everyone has heirlooms/XP bonuses, and I feel quite disadvantaged. And it's.. meh.  :)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 11:49:07 am by Christo »

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 11:59:34 am »
I agree that the way to lvl 31 is still grinding, i only retire once since patch, but leveled 2 alts (even if we can play Strategus only with our main).

But retirement don't give you so much advantage. Heirloom weapons are powerful but are not op and are not necessary to be good.
One more point is that it doesn't give you any advantage in Strategus battles.
Prepatch, grinders were powerful in Strat with their lvl37-39 characters.

This patch is the best thing happened to this mod. Casual skilled players can fight grinders (who don't have so many advantage now except heirloom).

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 12:20:30 pm »
I agree that the way to lvl 31 is still grinding, i only retire once since patch, but leveled 2 alts (even if we can play Strategus only with our main).

But retirement don't give you so much advantage. Heirloom weapons are powerful but are not op and are not necessary to be good.
One more point is that it doesn't give you any advantage in Strategus battles.
Prepatch, grinders were powerful in Strat with their lvl37-39 characters.

This patch is the best thing happened to this mod. Casual skilled players can fight grinders (who don't have so many advantage now except heirloom).

That's true.

Offline Chasab

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 02:30:29 pm »
this game is ALL about player skills, everyone should have the exact same items. everyone gets leather armor, no helm, no gloves, leather pants, leather boots, and a bar mace.

Problems solved.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 02:38:17 pm »
this game is ALL about player skills, everyone should have the exact same items. everyone gets leather armor, no helm, no gloves, leather pants, leather boots, and a bar mace.

Problems solved.

Or you could just play native

Offline Chasab

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 03:11:13 pm »
Or we could stop nerfing everything. Clearly if something is too good, its because the person using it is overly skilled.

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2011, 05:23:54 pm »
Hehe, Safavid stroking his immense muslim turkish epeen again saying turks are the best in histuruy!11111111111111111

Also, stop bringing realism and history up, games are about balance, not realism.

Want realism? Go nerd on LARP.

Oh also, the mongolians kicked your ass.

Everyone I know also favor balance over realism, so no people are not playing for realism, quite the opposite.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 05:33:18 pm by Patricia »

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2011, 05:27:50 pm »
There is no grinding in this game, i just have fun and the lvls just come as a bonus, you ppl need 2 chill out a bit with the lvl stuff
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2011, 05:51:29 pm »
There is no grinding in this game, i just have fun and the lvls just come as a bonus, you ppl need 2 chill out a bit with the lvl stuff

I used to think that until I hit level 7 I would have a very hard time enjoying myself, and I considered those levels grinding, but thist time after retiring I discovered that even a level 1 can throw seige shields!  :D

I promptly started wandering around with 3 of them, and even scoring no kills, besides from the simple amusement of spamming them or providing cover, I also discovered how much it helps team mates when you make walls to foul cavalry charges.

Kinda makes me sad that I will be swapping out my pike/mio' and the three shields for my usual build soon.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Felagunda

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2011, 08:11:01 pm »
I think you are wrong in general.  As much as I hate nurfs and hate to admit it something things needed to be nurfed and still need to be nurfed.  Like the looney toons axe and lance of comp that just had to go.  They were too sick and required very little skill to owns masses of poeple with. 

These days I feel that the barmace crush through needs to be removed and the side sword has gotta get a damage or spd reduction.  Side is fine on it's on but 3x or even 2x and it's just too fast for that much cut and reach maybe if it was 80-85 reach i'd be ok with it.  Xbow also need some WPF to be used or another nurf.  Other than those things though I do agree with you we need to stop the nurfs.  The nurf to agi was too much I don't understand it.  Also no clue why they though the steppe horse needed like 5 less spd and 3-4 more maneuver.  It's a pretty worthless horse now that people don't even right.

One nurf I was glad to see is horse charge wentback down after he 2x'd it.  Espeically since we can run over our teammates now.  I do think it's funney that so many people bitched that cav couldn't run over thier teammates and once we got it everyone bitches that they get ran over.  When I run over teammates I laugh to myself and say out of the way peasant.  It make me feel better about it lol.  Anyway that's how i feel about it all not that anyone cares :P