Author Topic: "PRO" Clan, the end of CRPG  (Read 21747 times)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Re: "PRO" Clan, the end of CRPG
« Reply #165 on: April 30, 2012, 08:36:38 pm »
I never said it was the only way to hold a multiplier, it's just hard to keep a good one when one team's stacked with most of the level 30+ in full heirloomed gear people that all have a good score over the other team that has a terrible score and suffer for it for an entire map and possibly more because of the broken auto-"balancer".

The auto balancer just sucks shit, balancing banners over what should actually be balancing teams.

Case in fucking point:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'm also noticing one hell of a double standard on your part right now, Mr Culpepper.
Yeah, autobalance suxx, Warkittenz is not on chaos team, unfair!  :mrgreen:
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #166 on: April 30, 2012, 09:30:41 pm »
Don't get me wrong,banner balance may not be perfect, but can we stop making it sound as if its the most stupidly broken mechanic in game? I've had plenty of games where shit like this has happened regularly when a few friends and I try to play under the same banner late at night.

(click to show/hide)

What double standard are you referring to exactly? I played without the chaos banner for about three weeks and refused to go back to it once i removed the tags. Did I have a x5 less often? Sure I did;especially when there were 3-4 chaos guys on but it more so had to do with my team simply not knowing how  or refusing to work together, also, we usually got one or two of them switched over just because of how badly the team would do or from other players around the same level rage quitting. You see the same thing now with 1-2 PRO's getting switched over every round when the other team would get rolled too hard. Banner balance is far from perfect, but people need to stop bitching when one team simply knows how to work together better than the other. If a person wants to wear their own banner, fine; but they'd better be prepared to do so with the understanding that they are more likely to get grouped with randoms that may or may not have an understanding of team work. I don't understand why clans that want to play and work together should be penalized for that. If anything, they are already getting penalized in sense for when they do too well often for the reasons stated above. So many bad/new players often end up getting balanced on the teams like PRO and CHAOS by using the banner that it can often work as an anti-stack many times and allow for an over inflated team that is wiped out by the other team with relative ease. Also, when you have clans like TKOV,Hospitaller and other clans grouped together due to how many people are wearing the chaos or PRO banners it often makes for a very competitive match all things considered.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 11:50:37 pm by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Adrian

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 30, 2012, 09:33:52 pm »
If there's any less than 4 of them on a team they lose majority of the time. When they have a mass of them on, all good or mediocre they run the server. So take it for what it is, a mass majority of them are the same people on day in and day out as if they no life outside this game so of course they're going to be a higher "Skill" level than most players. Being on the other team though is always fun because they have masses of bad players who wear their banner to get on their team, does nicely for kill streaks.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #168 on: April 30, 2012, 09:56:52 pm »
+2
If there's any less than 4 of them on a team they lose majority of the time. When they have a mass of them on, all good or mediocre they run the server. So take it for what it is, a mass majority of them are the same people on day in and day out as if they no life outside this game so of course they're going to be a higher "Skill" level than most players. Being on the other team though is always fun because they have masses of bad players who wear their banner to get on their team, does nicely for kill streaks.

What's funny about that is the 'no life' argument is pretty much what everyone says about the "top players" or clans in games.  In a lot of games it's legitimate because it's the gear that makes the character.  WoW for example - the top players wouldn't be half as good without the gear they have. 

Ironically, once you get the mechanics of the game down in cRPG you can do quite well with 0 looms, and a lot of good players can hold their own at lower levels.  What's even more ironic is a lot of players in PRO are long time players that don't even spend that much time playing anymore, or are playing multiple games.  There are also plenty of 'nolifers' in every clan, there isn't a monopoly share in PRO.

In short your argument is overdone and - in this case - completely wrong.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #169 on: April 30, 2012, 10:09:52 pm »
+2
I'm starting to think both sides are taking things a bit too seriously.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #170 on: April 30, 2012, 10:12:42 pm »
+1
this
     is
       our
            lives
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Tyrell

• Baron
  • Renown: 126
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: Tyrell, Prince Aegon, Date_Masamune
« Reply #171 on: April 30, 2012, 10:15:17 pm »
Firstly, nice prom picture.
Second, like Shine said, the "no life" argument is pretty invalid. He pretty much took the words right out of my mouth in that you don't need looms to do well, you need to know how to play the game. I have one loom, for example.
Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

LIBERNATE

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #172 on: April 30, 2012, 10:19:59 pm »
Firstly, nice prom picture.
Second, like Shine said, the "no life" argument is pretty invalid. He pretty much took the words right out of my mouth in that you don't need looms to do well, you need to know how to play the game. I have one loom, for example.

Wait you're good?! Sorry couldnt resist and his prom pic is awesome
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #173 on: April 30, 2012, 10:28:54 pm »
The banner balance does a decent job, talent wise PRO usually in no better than the opposite team, and they don't use much teamwork so they aren't gaining any force multipliers there. The big problem is that auto balance doesn't balance by class, and PRO players all abuse OP lancer cav builds, so if there's 4-5+ on then on their team usually has a cav stack going on which is the real unbalance, not their banner.

Nerf cav!! make riders take fall damage when de-horsed.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #174 on: April 30, 2012, 10:29:55 pm »
Assuming that is actually Adrians prom outfit..
(click to show/hide)
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #175 on: April 30, 2012, 10:37:36 pm »
PRO players all abuse OP lancer cav builds

Yeah, you're totally right. It's not like I exist and stuff...  :cry:

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #176 on: April 30, 2012, 10:44:57 pm »
+1
Sorry Tom but you went 1h you dont count as a person anymore that's just how it is.

And the only thing wrong with Adrian's prom picture is that it lacks a putt girlie he should of taken with him. I suffered wearing a purple vest or well it was lilac...
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.

Offline PikeDan

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • Pro Fide, pro utilitate hominum
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Pikedan
« Reply #177 on: May 01, 2012, 12:22:24 am »
Can't we all just get along  :cry:
Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is our oath.

Offline PieParadox

• Count
  • Renown: 219
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PieParadox
« Reply #178 on: May 01, 2012, 12:44:52 am »
i have over 9000 hours logged into this game, explains why i am PRO

Offline Ufthak

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 01, 2012, 12:54:57 pm »
+2
You guys are all lame, boring, and still say crap Biggayviking got bored of in 2010. I hate every last one of you for being so goddamn boring. The guys doing these fucking half-assed trolls, and the droves of morons walking right into it - which just makes everything justified. Never hear anything like what Zealot and Phantom did to Aragorn last strat anymore. Just a bunch of people whining about bannerstacking and asking if I've heard about the pro-clan yet, or people bragging that they were invited or declined.

/rant
disclaimer: it's impossible to hate Uumdi