Author Topic: Arabian WarHorses  (Read 2624 times)

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
Re: Arabian WarHorses
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2012, 01:15:28 am »
+3
the guys that you are talkin about in op have 8 or nine riding minimum,  it aint the horse bing op,  its just hard because of the riders high specialization.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cris

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Cris, Cris, TestSubject
  • IRC nick: Cris
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2012, 01:25:07 am »
+1
Arabian Warhorse
hit points: 100
body armor: 10
difficulty: 7
speed: 41
maneuver: 48
charge: 20

I'm not sure how to fix this horse but at the moment it's waaaaaaay too overpowered when you use a xbow on an arabian.

I feel the problem is the maneuvrability.

Ideas?

Arabian warhorse is not the problem, the "problem" lies on crossbows having no special requirements like archery (PD) or throwing (PT).

Horse crossbowmen can have a lightcrossbow and get 30 agility, which means 5HA (great accuracy) and up to 10 WM and 10 Riding. The only way to fix this would be give crossbows PD requirement, but its unlikely to happen.

Leave the arabian WH as it is, its a nice horse at a high agility price.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2012, 01:25:59 am »
+1
I don't think it's the horse that's the problem.

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2012, 02:40:08 am »
GK makes shitty cav...I could say stupid crap like that all day saying your entire clan sucks but I've never fought any of you or seen you guys play so how would I know? Same thing here you shouldnt go around accusing an entire clan of being lame trolls when Aderyn is tired of being shot by Xbow cav he can't shoot back at. And as for Lemmy idk what got into him.

Back to the topic horse Xbow shouldnt nerf the horse since that nerfs everyone who uses it and as it is most NA cav prefer the destrier and the courser due to the high riding and fragility of the Arabian

Only player i respect form GK are kerrigan,he know to play as cav. Gk have tactic that they come with 10-15 ppl who ride horses,they have all stick together. So imagine now 2-3ha and one with courser and 2-3 with arabian warhorses and few with +3 destriers what they can do. They always make disbalance of teams and their team always have more cav so if they stick together as they do and ram others like police do in moust wanted like they do it is always garant of victory. I have no respect for them at all,because their strentght and skill is in number. Always when my team have more cav i have score like 9-1 kd.

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2012, 02:42:42 am »
Arabian horse is totaly OP. It gives so much advantage to lancer that uses it,and only arrows can stop them. That horse always garant you win in duel with other lancers,unless you are total idiot or other player is pro.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2012, 04:26:52 am »
+1
Arabian horse is totaly OP. It gives so much advantage to lancer that uses it,and only arrows can stop them. That horse always garant you win in duel with other lancers,unless you are total idiot or other player is pro.

:?:|

Offline Piok

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2012, 09:36:17 am »
+1
Arabian is small. The most OP combination is Arabian + shield + decent shield skill =  absolutely lanceproof horse. This applies to all horses but arabians are so small that magic force field protect them almost completely.Even frontal attack on horses head often ends in minor damage when magically shield is hit. Rider is also sitting more in front so also its gives him a bonus to length of his weapon.
Combine it with super long (ghostreach) arabian cavalry sword and you have totally Op bulletproof one hitting ninja horse   :shock:
So arabian Horses aren't magic but idiotic weaps balance combined with ultra forcefield makes them OP :mrgreen:

Offline Korgoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 742
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
  • I've dated girls uglier than you for Breakfast
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Korgoth
  • IRC nick: Korgoth
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2012, 10:49:10 am »
+1
do you have any idea how hard it is to hit an arabian that can do 45 degreeturns instantly?

Noob.

Korgoth's Retextures
Korgoth's Hierloom Stall

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2012, 10:56:19 am »
+2
Only player i respect form GK are kerrigan,he know to play as cav. Gk have tactic that they come with 10-15 ppl who ride horses,they have all stick together. So imagine now 2-3ha and one with courser and 2-3 with arabian warhorses and few with +3 destriers what they can do. They always make disbalance of teams and their team always have more cav so if they stick together as they do and ram others like police do in moust wanted like they do it is always garant of victory. I have no respect for them at all,because their strentght and skill is in number. Always when my team have more cav i have score like 9-1 kd.
I think this is called tactics and strategy. I personally think if you are fighting against them, come with some kind of counter strategy. What you need is some Rhodok discipline against their Khergit-wise invasion tactics. Just form a spearwall (schiltroom)+crossbow. Having 2-3 javelinmen would also help. Remember, this is something happened in history with the mongol invasion. But I hardly think it made a difference whether if their victims whined about mass enemy cavalry. Whining doesn't helps. But coming with a creative strategy, well that might help if you have a good one.

I don't think lancers should be meant for duelling with each other. Cavalry's gamemode is battle, where 50 versus 50 is supposedly fighting. If you offer some valid argument that arabian warhorse users are much much more powerful in a teamfight; then we may think about it.

Arabian is small. The most OP combination is Arabian + shield + decent shield skill =  absolutely lanceproof horse. This applies to all horses but arabians are so small that magic force field protect them almost completely.Even frontal attack on horses head often ends in minor damage when magically shield is hit. Rider is also sitting more in front so also its gives him a bonus to length of his weapon.
Combine it with super long (ghostreach) arabian cavalry sword and you have totally Op bulletproof one hitting ninja horse   :shock:
So arabian Horses aren't magic but idiotic weaps balance combined with ultra forcefield makes them OP :mrgreen:
Hmm. I personally don't know the statistics of horses. The old system showed us the horse scale, but now they are magically disappeared. Well I always have thought that arabian warhorses are a bit weak statistically. But if what you say is true, Arabian warhorse clearly seems powerful (I make no comment if it is OP or not. I just said powerful). Yet I think all of the horses are easy to being hit by good archers and throwers, considering all of the horses have much more scale than the human body. It makes sense that being able to dodge ranged projectiles with arabian horse, since it has considerably very low health and armor. Which compensates their weakness, and brings a manner of balance in my opinion. Even though, they are actually open to hit no matter what. It seems like a total gambit between the archer and the rider. Whichever is better (Combine the luck factor with skill factor here, to determine which one is better) he/she simply wins.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 10:58:08 am by Ronin »
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2012, 11:57:48 am »
Horse Xbow bundle of sticksry is an NA problem.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2012, 12:35:25 pm »
Horse Xbow bundle of sticksry is an NA problem.
No guarentee it will not happen in EU too.
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2012, 12:42:39 pm »
No guarentee it will not happen in EU too.

That is true, but as other people pointed out, the horse is not the problem. It lacks max speed, charge and survivability.

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2012, 02:08:02 pm »
That is true, but as other people pointed out, the horse is not the problem. It lacks max speed, charge and survivability.

Great manouver,great aceleration,loomed it can outrun +2 destrier. You wanna more?

I think this is called tactics and strategy. I personally think if you are fighting against them, come with some kind of counter strategy. What you need is some Rhodok discipline against their Khergit-wise invasion tactics. Just form a spearwall (schiltroom)+crossbow. Having 2-3 javelinmen would also help. Remember, this is something happened in history with the mongol invasion. But I hardly think it made a difference whether if their victims whined about mass enemy cavalry. Whining doesn't helps. But coming with a creative strategy, well that might help if you have a good one.

yes i got strategy,i swich to their banner so i don't get reaped by HA. Almoust always when they play you can see 3 horse crossbows from mercs,or 2-3HC from bandits in their team. Only clan that gives balance and can counter is byzantium,because they bring lot of players,good players in team.

I don't think lancers should be meant for duelling with each other. Cavalry's gamemode is battle, where 50 versus 50 is supposedly fighting. If you offer some valid argument that arabian warhorse users are much much more powerful in a teamfight; then we may think about it.
Hmm. I personally don't know the statistics of horses. The old system showed us the horse scale, but now they are magically disappeared. Well I always have thought that arabian warhorses are a bit weak statistically. But if what you say is true, Arabian warhorse clearly seems powerful (I make no comment if it is OP or not. I just said powerful). Yet I think all of the horses are easy to being hit by good archers and throwers, considering all of the horses have much more scale than the human body. It makes sense that being able to dodge ranged projectiles with arabian horse, since it has considerably very low health and armor. Which compensates their weakness, and brings a manner of balance in my opinion. Even though, they are actually open to hit no matter what. It seems like a total gambit between the archer and the rider. Whichever is better (Combine the luck factor with skill factor here, to determine which one is better) he/she simply wins.
I think that lancers should fight other cav,not just kill unaware infrantery. Every noob can kill unaware infrantery,but for cav duels you need skill.
For archers that is easy. You don't attack aware archer because it will almoust always hit your horse head,but for crossbows u wait for them to miss and while they reload you attack them.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2012, 02:43:20 pm »
yes i got strategy,i swich to their banner so i don't get reaped by HA. Almoust always when they play you can see 3 horse crossbows from mercs,or 2-3HC from bandits in their team. Only clan that gives balance and can counter is byzantium,because they bring lot of players,good players in team.
Hmm. You got a point there. But methinks, this problem is not due to mass cavalry. It is banner balance. Same thing happens in Siege as well, with HRE. Half of players use their banner.

I think that lancers should fight other cav,not just kill unaware infrantery. Every noob can kill unaware infrantery,but for cav duels you need skill.
For archers that is easy. You don't attack aware archer because it will almoust always hit your horse head,but for crossbows u wait for them to miss and while they reload you attack them.
Ok. You are right here. My bad. Lancer should be fighting with lancer (or other cav) as well. That is true. Yet, I think a heavy cavalry should be focused on infantry rather than enemy light cavalry. Just because it is, light cavalry. Meaning they are more mobile and fast, while they sacrifice power and strength. At least this is how it supposed to be.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2012, 03:30:28 pm »
+2
Hmm. You got a point there. But methinks, this problem is not due to mass cavalry. It is banner balance.

hum, mass cavalry is as irritating as a mass xbow. But that's another problem, balance not being able to distinguish "class", and thus some "no win possible" situation.

But the horse is definitely not the problem.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;