Author Topic: weapon length and speed reduction  (Read 446 times)

Offline Xelaris

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
weapon length and speed reduction
« on: April 18, 2012, 01:40:46 pm »
Hello :)
I was reading the forums, planning my peasant build and i read that in order to be fast you should not be heavier than 6.3 kgs. But then i heard that weapon length is also a factor and i got depressed fast.
My questions are:
is the 6.3 weigth treshhold true?
and
by what ammount is your speed reduced depending on your weapon length?
thank you for reading
cheers

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
Re: weapon length and speed reduction
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 04:22:28 am »
There's a threshold somewhere around 7 weight which, under that, your weight doesn't affect your speed at all. Personally I don't recommend going below the level of lamellar vest unless you're very confident in your blocking and footwork. The lamellar vest is, imo, one of the best body armors for a newer player. It's cheap, gives decent protection, and still barely reduces your speed. I went one gen in tribal armor with an awlpike and a 15/24 build. It was insanely fun, but if I so much as stubbed my toe I lost half my health.

Weapon length DOES reduce your movement speed, not sure by how much, but it isn't really noticeable until you get over around 150 length. I use a pike and with 6 ath and black armor I can still keep up with most people, so while it IS noticeable, it isn't a massive difference.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login