Author Topic: PCGamingWiki  (Read 406 times)

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
PCGamingWiki
« on: April 17, 2012, 08:54:22 pm »
 Well, I could write a lot of text here, but I doubt if at least 10% of you actually read it, so I will just pass the link:

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Home

It's a wiki that will contain everything that can help PC players in dealing with technical issues.

It's constantly growing up as more people visit the site and contribute to this wiki.

Important thing is, this is free thing. It needs donations.

You can donate by a Kickstarter and it's the best way to help them, or you can use PayPal. Everything should be easy to find in the wiki itself.

Of course donating is completely optional, but much appreciated. If you are able and willing to throw few dollars, please do bother as it is a Greater Cause. :-)

Offline Materia

• Baron
  • Renown: 86
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Racist, and such.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Boxxy's Army
  • Game nicks: Materia, Boxxys_minion
  • IRC nick: -
Re: PCGamingWiki
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 11:40:39 pm »
He wants 60.000$ to do it, and its only for a year. What will happen later? Hes doing it with some dude (not included on kickstarter, but on PCGamingWiki. There are some other people there, not sure how many. 

He also wrote, that he focus to include games that got 80% or higher metacritic score on PC (only), From year 199? I forgot the exact year, but its just a detail. Many games have below 80%, and I play them. Just because one give game 80%, doesnt mean the other one will rate it the same. Your trash may be gold for me.

Kickstarter is good thing, but its about the trust, and hes using it now. Hey I will do something, but you MUST pay me.

Years back from now, doing such things were so common, that noone even though of taking money for it. He wants to put all (in fact not all) info in one place, good idea, but there are already lots of places to get such info from, and its for free, for example.. wikia. Games have their own pages there, with lots of details. Does anyone even asked for money? No. Donations? Maybe, thats how the things works. I do something because I want to do it, if you think I do it right way, and you like it etc. you may thank you by donating.

Old games might not be included there, Im not sure, but anyway, internet is like a mine. If you search and digg, you will find what you are looking for.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 11:42:01 pm by Materia »
+100% for being "racist retard". You rather be safe racist in your country, than dead French bundle of sticks under the truck wheels, blown to pieces by a bomb, or shot in your own country, by so called "refugees". Lewak logic. Youll all die, sooner or later :). Enemy of my enemy, is my friend. Muslims will deal with you, go use the power of crayons do defend yourself.