Author Topic: Unban request - Ninja_Red  (Read 480 times)

Offline Rusty_Shacklefjord

• Baron
  • Renown: 90
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • Pro-pain
    • View Profile
  • Faction: One Man Army
  • Game nicks: Erik_Magnusson
Unban request - Ninja_Red
« on: April 16, 2012, 02:33:37 pm »
I was banned by Canary_of_Chaos due to some sort of misunderstanding or personal vendetta that he has against me. This has already happened once before, a few months ago, and I'm starting to get very sick of it.

I haven't been informed of the length of this ban (due to the rash and unreasonable nature of it, as well as the incompetence of the admin issuing the ban) but would like to be released back into the crpg population immediately. Even as little as 24 hours is too long for this sort of injustice to persist.

I also understand that communication and level of 'importance' on these forums is largely a popularity contest; however I would like for any readers - especially those familiar with Canary - to attempt to take an unbiased approach and understand that I'm merely the victim of some bully (and I'll politely refrain from expounding on how much of a worthless scoundrel he is) that happens to have been here longer than I have.

For purposes of transparency, I'll recount the exact circumstances of this ban:
I trash-talked Canary briefly, and evidently made him quite mad. Mad enough to mute me, anyway. Then I was (falsely) warned for 'leeching' for being the last player alive, and subsequently banned by him for 'hiding behind a tree' in the next round. Please note that I had no way of objecting to his actions in-game (due to the mute) and that there's no evidence that I was actually leeching. It's obvious that he only banned me because he was angry, and in my opinion this sort of petty child deserves to have his admin permissions removed.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 02:37:26 pm by Rusty_Shacklefjord »
I too am not a bit tamed, I too am untranslatable,
I sound my barbaric YAWP over the roofs of the world.

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
Re: Unban request - Ninja_Red
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 11:07:16 pm »
You started trash-talking me after I kicked you for standing by and watching an enemy kill a bunch of your teammates. I warned you when you were running off the the side of the map and not being a contributing member of your team. You received a mute because you were running to the side of the map while typing out long-winded arguments, so I made it easier for you to actually play the game. You say you had no way of "objecting" to the warning, but that's exactly the reason why I muted you. You can't play the game while you're typing, and you had just been kicked for refusing to play the game. Also, you were insulting me with offensive language in i-chat anyway, so you clearly did have a way to "object" to my actions. I would've been well within my bounds to issue you a ban for chat-abuse right there, by the way.

Then you went afk (apparently) while hidden behind a tree. Your ban was only 12 hours long, but it probably should've been much longer.

Honestly, I don't even remember what happened months ago, back then you went by another character name anyway. None of your past bans were issued by myself, there's no vendetta here, there's just you breaking server rules (leeching, delaying) and being extremely belligerent about it and contesting every admin decision at every turn. We oughtn't even argue with you anymore, and just let the bans stand for themselves, but you have had eight of them before this one, with such colorful annotations as "Leeching after being warned by multiple admins and being kicked." It's clear you don't want to heed the warnings these bans are acting as, so that you are getting anymore chances is rather astounding.

Typically someone who's received an essay ban in the past is on thin ice, and though you've made it very clear that you're not going to listen to warnings, here's another one anyway: start behaving or you're out of here.