Author Topic: Three characters on my account who are not mine and now banned from the servers.  (Read 1031 times)

Offline SockpuppetSamurai

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I was just recently playing on NA #1 when I was randomly kicked from the server. I rejoined and was kicked again. After rejoining again I asked the admin, he said he was not kicking me. I then was kicked again and again. I then could not log into my account page due to a wrong PW. I joined a server and reset the PW. When I logged into my account I noticed three level 1 characters on my account that were not mine. Thinking it might just have been a bug I joined a server and then was immediately kicked and then banned from the server! 

Any help would be appreciated thanks!

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
Characters names are ?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline larlek

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Larlik PooperScooper Larlek
I think if you could also tell the admin where you bought your copy of the game/key from it would help since this sort of thing has been happening alot lately as far as I can tell.

Offline Maxy099

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Try to transfer char to new key with admins

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Characters names are ?

The three that are not mine are:
hePPaRoque, RolletheBAD, and Roque

I think if you could also tell the admin where you bought your copy of the game/key from it would help since this sort of thing has been happening alot lately as far as I can tell.
I don't remember, it was a digital version that I bought quite a few years ago and had put the game away until I recently purchased F&S off of Amazon, puked, and then installed warband again when I discovered this mod.

Edit#2 After reading a few posts with similar problems to mine I decided to purchase a new copy from Amazon. It sounds like this is a problem with "purchased keys" which is unlikely but I cannot rule it out as I have purchased a few games from shady dealers in the past. This leads me to only one question. Is it possible to transfer my characters to a new account safely?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 09:34:50 pm by SockpuppetSamurai »

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
You bought your key from cdkeyhouse which sells their keys to multiple people, someone who bought your key from there today started his char and reported that the key was already in use.

Since everything is bound to the key, both of you guys will need to get a new key, I will transfer your characters over as soon as you got a new one.

Sadly there is no other way to do this.

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Mystery solved. That will teach me to be a cheap bastard and purchase from cdkeywhorehouse. Anyway, thank you for your time in this matter. I will be activating my newly purchased legit game and starting anew. Now I must go shower, I feel dirty, very dirty.

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
Well, as I said we can just transfer your old chars to the new key, no need to start fresh.
Just need the new key :mrgreen: