15 (10.2%)
Okay, through you miss the target
9 (6.1%)
Pretty good
66 (44.9%)
HOLYSHIT Y U BANN ME bundle of sticks
39 (26.5%)

Total Members Voted: 146

Author Topic: [NA] Muki  (Read 26419 times)

Offline Life

• Marshall
  • Renown: 763
  • Infamy: 281
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mod is dead.
  • Game nicks: Assassin_Life, Efil, iK_Life
Re: [NA] Muki
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2012, 07:18:34 am »
In my opinion, Muki is a bad admin that needs to re-read up on the rules.

Example just from today: An archer was clearly trying to kill Miley ( kiting him by running away, shooting, running, shoot ) and Muki tell him to fight or kick, which is against the rules for an admin to do so since the players were following the rules. (i believe Muki ONLY did this to preserve his multi.) After the round had drawn, Muki kicked Miley for chasing down the archer shooting him. That of which is a completely un-necessary kick!

These rules were copied from the post in the announcements section on the post of the official server rules:

No drawing/delaying the round on purpose (i.e. running away or camping unreachable places when you're one of the last people alive)
OK: running away and shooting enemies that are reachable by projectiles
NOT OK: running away or avoiding confrontation when there is nobody to shoot in range or everyone is behind cover

(click to show/hide)
Assassin Video
My custom crosshair
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xeen

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2012, 07:29:36 am »
Right off the bat, I'll say Muki made the wrong call.

BUT.  You didn't list some important factors here.  First off, it was seconds from a draw, which forced a quick decision from Muki.  I've seen other admins make the exact same mistake before.  Chinaserf was running in base contact with miley punching him and Miley wouldn't turn to kill him.  This made Muki think Miley was just fucking around (which he has a long long long long history of doing).  There were possibly a few times that Miley would have been able to hit aderyn if he had his weapon out, but the movement penalty from having a weapon out may have kept him from getting that close so who knows.  It makes perfect sense that Muki got confused about what was going on, hopefully it won't happen again, especially if it would have cost somebody something(it didn't this time).

Offline Kivlov

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tungsten_HATS
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2012, 07:40:57 am »
Right off the bat, I'll say Muki made the wrong call.

BUT.  You didn't list some important factors here.  First off, it was seconds from a draw, which forced a quick decision from Muki.  I've seen other admins make the exact same mistake before.  Chinaserf was running in base contact with miley punching him and Miley wouldn't turn to kill him.  This made Muki think Miley was just fucking around (which he has a long long long long history of doing).  There were possibly a few times that Miley would have been able to hit aderyn if he had his weapon out, but the movement penalty from having a weapon out may have kept him from getting that close so who knows.  It makes perfect sense that Muki got confused about what was going on, hopefully it won't happen again, especially if it would have cost somebody something(it didn't this time).
Doesn't weapon on your back not matter? Switching it would've slowed but if he didn't screw around in the first place.
HATS CLAN
meow

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2012, 08:01:36 am »
So, since people have already posted on this issue, I suppose I will.

What happened was that I was chasing Aderyn for a while, and it was 3 vs 3. I ended up being the last one left, and I was versus CHINASERFX and Hospitaller_Aderyn. I was chasing him with my Bec sheathed because I found out it makes you run faster (from PW mod). CHINASERFX dismounted and started chasing me with no weapon, and I continued to chase Aderyn. Muki said something like: "fight or kick." I was chasing Aderyn, so I thought he/she was talking to one of the other two. The round ended up as a draw and I was immediately kicked.
None of the three of us deserved a kick--CHINASERFX was technically fighting because he was punching me, Aderyn was kiting, but he was not the last one left, and I was chasing Aderyn.

I understand where Muki is coming from and why he/she decided to kick, but the kick was not warranted. I'm not asking for Muki's admin to be taken away--I'm just stating an incident. There are many witnesses, and what was said after the kick can be seen in chat logs.

This made Muki think Miley was just fucking around (which he has a long long long long history of doing).

Yes, I fool around, but it is nothing serious that infringes the rules. You say I have a long history of doing so, yet I've made many improvements and will continue and like to do so--I don't think it's fair of you to say that. I dont' also think what's happened in the past should be any important in this matter, especially because Muki came here like a few months ago. I don't know how you would know this unless you were Air, as I've heard (doubt).
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 07:56:27 pm by Miley »

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2012, 09:58:35 am »
because Muki came here like a few months ago.

): i was active on the forums since 2011

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2012, 07:56:11 pm »
): i was active on the forums since 2011
because Muki came here like a few months ago.

Since when was a few months ago not 2011?

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2012, 10:45:18 pm »
Since when was a few months ago not 2011?

April 2011 is a full year ago (what a terrible thought that is huh?)

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2012, 11:02:20 pm »
Muki isn't a bad admin, just new and unfamiliar on how to approach to the common end of round kiting/draw dilemmas that pop up here and there.  Proper reaction for me is to laugh at the server being griefed with a draw and do nothing about it.  Extending time limit used to be viable, but they removed that function for NA admins only.  After all, someone who runs away from combat "kiting" the entire time is playing their class.  Its up to the individual to not be a douchebag and turn to melee or to just run forever and grief.  Sometimes I will type out "stop delaying" but not actually bother kicking or banning.  "If no archers are left, its their fault"  - cmp top dog developer/administrator of all crpg affairs
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 11:03:58 pm by Smoothrich »
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2012, 11:18:27 pm »
Wasn't there for the Miley incident, but like others have said, Miley has a history of doing this.

In regards to the above poster who mentioned Muki did this to preserve his multiplier; why did he wait till the round was over to kick Miley?

Also, look in the chat, the general consensus of players online at the time WAS that Miley was not doing things correctly. As an admin, your job is to adhere to the rules, and to the crowds of the server online at that time. If the general message being passed around was that Miley was in-fact not doing what he was supposed to be doing, then Muki makes a call based on that. In your screenshots alone you can see players complaining.

Admins keep the crowds happy, not cater to 1 player out of a server of 120. Sorry folks, I think Muki made the right call, perhaps could have made it even a little quicker than the end of the round so that at least one team got a multiplier. Had Miley's reputation be of one that you constantly see  "Trying" during fights, then perhaps this would be a wrong call. Nothing against Miley, good player when he/she wants to be, but you've got a long reputation of favoring whom you go after on the battlefield and not contributing to fights, as was evident by a player I'm not even sure i know in one of the screenshots who said something relevant to that.

On a side note; Muki's only downside to admining is that he is not native to English, so sometimes players may get lost in translation. Nothing to burden him on his part, he does the right thing and serves Justice faster than any newer admin I've seen to date.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Life

• Marshall
  • Renown: 763
  • Infamy: 281
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mod is dead.
  • Game nicks: Assassin_Life, Efil, iK_Life
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2012, 11:21:25 pm »
But Miley was abiding by the rules. There wasnt a reason to kick Miley.
Assassin Video
My custom crosshair

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2012, 11:52:25 pm »
If anyone is griefing, they can pretty much be kicked.  I could kick everyone who delayed or led to a round being drawn to a tie, for "griefing"  "disrupting the server"  or whatever.  Just if you actually bother to enforce this the entire time you get people like you whining in threads about it for no reason so why bother trying to help the server run smoothly at all.

Miley seemed to be holding a "truce" with a china serf while chasing a kiting archer and no one actually damaged anyone and everyone lost their multiplier.  Sucks for everyone, the admin felt like it was a particular player's fault.

Muki will probably think twice in a similar situation in the future on how to best go forward.  Miley doesn't really seem to care, just wanted to explain after the fact how things went down.  Not like there was a multiplier to be lost anyways..

Any continued complaining about this very insignificant, trivial event will henceforth be considered "undue sperging" in everyone's eyes. 

So let us move on with our lives.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2012, 01:33:16 am »
Wasn't there for the Miley incident, but like others have said, Miley has a history of doing this.
... and so do admins.

In regards to the above poster who mentioned Muki did this to preserve his multiplier; why did he wait till the round was over to kick Miley?
Could've been looking for my name?

Also, look in the chat, the general consensus of players online at the time WAS that Miley was not doing things correctly. As an admin, your job is to adhere to the rules, and to the crowds of the server online at that time. If the general message being passed around was that Miley was in-fact not doing what he was supposed to be doing, then Muki makes a call based on that. In your screenshots alone you can see players complaining.
Since when was one person saying, "kick him," unknown to who that was directed, and a new player, who I would bet didn't know a sheathed weapon makes you run faster, saying that I could've had 20 kills but I fool around too much, mean a general consensus of players online? There were well over 50 players, I'm sure.
As for the second part of your little paragraph... As an admin, yes, your job is to adhere to the rules, which Muki did not. Adhere to the crowds of the server online at that time? I don't think so. I can remember many times when there's a horse archer left playing his class, many people are complaining, but there is nothing an admin can do about it. Again, a general message being passed around that I was not in-fact doing what I was suppposed to be doing... well your definition of general must be way off, and you must be a little silly to believe that everyone that complains about someone knows the rules. As for the last sentence in that paragraph, yes, a whopping one person was complaining about me.

Admins keep the crowds happy, not cater to 1 player out of a server of 120. Sorry folks, I think Muki made the right call, perhaps could have made it even a little quicker than the end of the round so that at least one team got a multiplier. Had Miley's reputation be of one that you constantly see  "Trying" during fights, then perhaps this would be a wrong call. Nothing against Miley, good player when he/she wants to be, but you've got a long reputation of favoring whom you go after on the battlefield and not contributing to fights, as was evident by a player I'm not even sure i know in one of the screenshots who said something relevant to that.
I always try during my fights in battle, and this was a wrong call by Muki. You say I have a long reputation of favoring whom I go after on the battlefield and not contributing to fights, and yes, maybe I do--but admins, again, don't? Admins are to
keep the crowds happy and not to cater to 1 player out of a server of 120,
didn't you know? As I mentioned above, that player is new, and I will bet he didn't know what I was doing, nor had read all of the rules or was experienced enough.

On a side note; Muki's only downside to admining is that he is not native to English, so sometimes players may get lost in translation. Nothing to burden him on his part, he does the right thing and serves Justice faster than any newer admin I've seen to date.
This is irrelevant, and I haven't even noticed it. Since when was "serving justice" faster than any newer admin "right" all the time. Doesn't it leave a lot of room for errors or misunderstandings?

In all, your post was invalid, partly being because you weren't even there and didn't have access to the chat logs, yet you insisted that a general consensus of players was complaining. Muki made the wrong decision, and I'm sure of it. I've been around since the start of cRPG, and I know the rules, I've read them, and I've experienced the rules. Not to be rude but,
shitposts tbh

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2012, 01:41:51 am »
Right lets kill the topic before we all start hating on each other.

I know what I did was wrong, and I'm always looking to improve.

And with the information Miley gave I know how to handle the situation without bring more harm to the community
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 01:51:21 am by Muki »

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2012, 01:57:24 pm »

I like shrimp.

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2012, 02:09:55 pm »
   That particular situation in EU battle servers tends to be solved the same way, after all delaying is delaying. But, most of the times these HA, archers, etc, just engage in melee to end it fast.

It's all part of common sense.

Also cheers for giving an hand on siege in NA too.