Author Topic: increase kick risk  (Read 13427 times)

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
Re: increase kick risk
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2012, 06:14:13 pm »
+4
kicks are probably abit easy to use but i really wouldnt like them changed, melee combat is slow enough as it is and people can block almost anything you throw at them if they really try, alot of the time the only reason duels dont last 10minutes is a few well placed kicks.
though if melee speed was increased or something too i dont think kicks would need to be nerfed since then they wouldnt be the most reliable way to land hits on people.

up combat speed 2012

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2012, 06:14:56 pm »
+1
I don't know why you people are trying to explain to us how to avoid a kick, I know how to play and I think most people trying to discuss balance are good "all around players" who have tried different builds and classes.

The point is the moment someone steps an inch in a predictable way, even if they are mid attack (since you can block while kicking) I could land a kick and get a free hit.

I like the kicking mechanic but the fact that you can block with ease if you miss and the enemy sidesteps makes it too low risk/high reward.  Removing the blocking while kicking (like shielders have it) would be good.

The fact that you see people not using kicks/using kicks poorly is because it's never really caught on with pubbies like hiltslash spam and pike waggling, not because it isn't powerful. 
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2012, 06:58:11 pm »
+4
Last but not least: Making kicks harder/more risky will only make duels even longer... Last i checked the community was complaining that they already took too long (and now you want to make it even harder to kill someone?).
Maybe something else needs to change so we don't actually need a mechanic that disables blocking for a short time to end duels.

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2012, 07:00:35 pm »
+1
Maybe something else needs to change so we don't actually need a mechanic that disables blocking for a short time to end duels.
up combat speed 2012

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2012, 08:56:35 pm »
Mallet? That's what I use when they don't stop blocking.

But yeah, too low risk for using kicks when you don't have a shield.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Gricks

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2012, 11:04:42 pm »
+1
As a shielder-keep your distance? Another retarded argument. Shielders cannot kick nearly as effectively as anyone else. Facehugging shouldn't be an advantage for people with long weapons.

Most people S-key shielders anyways, so you end up running at them so you stay in range. The good players take advantage of that fact-stop and kick you. It is pretty hard to avoid sometimes.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2002
  • Infamy: 1030
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2012, 01:32:41 pm »
If shielders want to be able to block while kicking, they just have to put that shield on their back when they are fighting 2H/polearms/non-gay-1H.

I do agree that shields should be buffed in a way where no archer would be able to kill them but vs. trained melee fighters who aren't using autoblock, shields are already too strong imho.

I'm probably gonna respec to 1H and I'm not gonna use shield, that's for pussies.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2012, 01:52:24 pm »
+6
shields are already too strong imho.

Shields are terrible for fighting anyone decent in 1v1. You already have a short weapon but what a shield does is 1) make it obvious when you're blocking and attacking 2) increase the kick hitbox, so you're easier to kick, which is already the worst enemy of any 1her
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2012, 02:01:22 pm »
+1
Shields are terrible for fighting anyone decent in 1v1. You already have a short weapon but what a shield does is 1) make it obvious when you're blocking and attacking 2) increase the kick hitbox, so you're easier to kick, which is already the worst enemy of any 1her

Not to mention it slows you down as well.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2012, 02:13:13 pm »
+1

And unless you're using a 100 speed shield, you block slower. HOORAY SHIELDS!

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2012, 03:48:37 pm »
+2
Any shielders shield with shield skill below 8 and either not very much hp like on Huscarl/Board or not very high armor like on Kngihtly heater/Elit Cav, will break fairly easily. With MW Axes or German Poleaxes sometimes in 2 hits if the shield is MW 3-4 hits.
Thats right, shields were build to break within a few strikes and if they don't it is called hax ask the journal of your ancestors.

You call shielders autoblock and blocknubs, while we are the dudes running after the 2h/poelarm packpeddal spammer, those who secure themselves in weapon reach and over all slow combat mechanics so they just block everything.

The suggestion to get kicks a bit more risky for all sounds fair to me. It has gotten fairly regular that kicks are being used, duels as on battles/siege against shielders, sure, but also on regular base against every other class.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2012, 04:52:35 pm »
And it is a lie that shielders can not kick. If the shielder does know what he's doing he can still utilize the kick in the right situation. Sometimes it is even possible to block with the shield when you're kicking.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2012, 05:01:53 pm »
I am the first person to admit that I am completely horrible at kicking.  Having said that, there are plenty of counters to kicks (thrust, circling, losing the initiative) and I don't think it really needs to be nerfed much further.  Once I know someone is a "kicker" I can adjust my playstyle accordingly, it's just the times where you get caught with your pants down where it gets ya.

And it is a lie that shielders can not kick. If the shielder does know what he's doing he can still utilize the kick in the right situation. Sometimes it is even possible to block with the shield when you're kicking.

Shielder's can kick sure, but they have the additional disadvantage of not being able to block immediately after a failed kick, so it's way riskier for them.  No one is saying that shielders literally can't kick.. :P

Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2012, 05:05:17 pm »
Nooo don't nerf kick :(. It's a direct buff to kinngrimm and his durable shields that can only be countered with kick to the balls and slash to the face! :mrgreen:

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2012, 05:14:11 pm »
+3
yes kinngrimm complains about kicks but i bet if he puts his shield on his back he wont be able to use kicks enyways. but ye not to target kinngrimm specificaly, where dous this kickin spree come from ? i srsly see it very sporadicly, and in group battle kicking gives you huge disadvantedges, in 1 on 1 maybe not so much, but it can still get you killed. tbh kickin is at a right place atm

*edit: i also block half the attacks after being kicked
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 05:16:20 pm by rufio »