Author Topic: increase kick risk  (Read 13399 times)

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
increase kick risk
« on: April 14, 2012, 07:19:51 am »
FREE ALLERS

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
Re: increase kick risk
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 07:22:35 am »
+4
It's already hard enough to get the kick off it would be the player fault if he gets kicked
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 09:36:25 am »
+11
no blocking after a kick, just like shielders have it already

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 09:44:07 am »
use your stab

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 09:59:58 am »
+3
i just spam kicks whenever i'm one of the last alive so everyone spectating me thinks i'm pro but the secret is people in this game are very predictable due to the slow speeds and kicking is very low risk/high reward, at least for non shield characters

i used to think it was skillful but as i've gotten better at kicking i think its OP as well, too easy to land, too much of a benefit, too easy to block if you miss your kick and not get punished
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 10:03:40 am »
+9
no block for everybody, just like shielders?

Offline Rhygar666

• Count
  • Renown: 230
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • möp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Rhygay666_HRE
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 10:11:37 am »
no block for everybody, just like shielders?
+1
sucks as a shielder all the noobs start kicking like retards cuz they know they cant get that much damage if theyre hit.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 10:17:49 am »
Do you know when you kick you can not block thrust attacks?
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 01:50:19 pm »
+3
For a very short period of time. You have to anticipate the kick for it to work. Kicks are a bit too non-risky in cRPG because thrusts everywhere have been neutered. In Native kicking is plenty risky.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2012, 02:13:08 pm »
It's not that overpowered. Simply if your opponent is using kick, go for thrust attacks. If your opponent is using thrust attacks, go for chamber. If your opponent is using chamber blocks (parry&riposte), go for holding your swing. If your opponent is holding their swing, there is nothing you can do. OH MY GOD HOLDING SWING IS OVERPOWERED! NERF NERF NERF!

Seriously though, if you are concerned of kicks; simply change your playstyle a bit. Use German Greatsword, Great sword if you're twohander; or use tridentlike weapons. And try to get not too close. It's not darn overpowered. It's just you are underpowered.

Edit: I forgot to mention espada eslavona. These weapons are useful against armor if you know how to use them. And even more useful against low armored opponents.

2nd Edit: I forgot to mention it is much riskier than in native, that to trying to kick a character with a high athletics. Well it's less risky against a character with high STR for sure. But since many people complain STR is way more powerful than AGI, you can't complain for that.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 02:24:03 pm by Ronin »
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2012, 02:21:28 pm »
+5
The thing is, people kick only when you are very close range, when the 2h stab is quite hard too use properly. Even if you can do that, you will still have to anticipate the kick, cause the kick is faster than the 2h stab and sadly most people are not psychics. Same for 1h, the polearm stab is easier to use at facehug range.

The kick is too easy to use and too low risk for the free hit it gives you. Should be completely no block for all classes.

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2012, 02:37:53 pm »
the 2h stab is quite hard too use properly.

lol.  :lol:

and on topic, when most people try kicks it just lets you get a free hit since you can circle them as they're immobile. On my main I use a katana which is pretty susceptible to kicks even though it's a 2h but you can usually tell when someone is lining up a kick or you can judge by the terrain, it's not impossible to counter and spamming kicks is in no way effective unless you're against people not paying any attention.

IMO they're fine, I guess the no blocking after a kick would be fair since it happens to shielders.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2012, 02:45:51 pm »
+1
Nice pulling my quote out of context there.

it just lets you get a free hit since you can circle them as they're immobile. On my main I use a katana
Speak for yourself. Ever compared the sidestepping and acceleration speed when using a katana and when using a greatsword?

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2012, 03:15:53 pm »
Katana is an example of a short weapon, which is a target most likely for kicks. And if you have a greatsword, simply use it's length and keep your distance. It is based on your argument actually. Just go and play. Pay attention to avoid enemy kicks. It's not THAT hard to do.

Offline Coward

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2012, 03:25:59 pm »
Kicking is usefull for countering shielders when they want to facehug you and there's no mercy for shield users.
cRPG TV (Can You Spot Yourself In This Video?)
https://youtu.be/EvALbo0G-nA