Author Topic: Is this fair at all  (Read 1385 times)

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
Re: Is this fair at all
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2012, 04:41:43 am »
meh.

The problem with old throwing.. is getting hit point blank is fucking obnoxious.

The problem with new throwing - pretty much forget any cool long shots. Too many retards still throw their shit when they should switch to melee at a certain range. Half the time success only comes from point blank shots. Pretty much everything actually fun about throwing is gone - well like all classes, wave up on wave of nerfs continually eroding the fun out of cRPG .. better call it cRaPG unless the modders can take their collective heads out of their anuses.

Who gives a shit about throwing lances, those are for tards.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline HassassinJOE

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Is this fair at all
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2012, 02:19:06 am »
I wish i could figure out how to tag a picture... i have several ive been meaning to post.. ALL are taken from NA 1 battle server. in battle not people kicking back. I was btw a hybrid thrower/polearms/shielder for the throwing element to be safe vs random lance attacks while weilding the darts

i used a military fork. 2 darts. and light cav round shield 115throwing 108polearms

i used jirads first.. but the damige vs ammo output was not enough, war darts are the most effective considering how often i missed.

my main concern on NA 1 was the mounted xbowmen.. primary task for me was to drop 2 or 3 before i got dropped. anti xbow cav aka operation distraction (because with good mounted xbowmen, ild be dead quick most times, just enough to hold them of the team for a while; SEMENSstorm and SS_Mr.DI@$) often i get my well bread rouncey 1 shotted, if not myself from 50yards away... xbow cav are way overpowered)

The problem was it takes like 2-6 jiards to drop most horses.. i didnt even try with armoured horses... with darts it takes like 5-8, but did the job with ammo left

throwing weapons should honestly do much more damige considering they are being paid for with skill points (and weight x speed). especially to horses. like axes to shields..