Author Topic: [OFFICIAL] Community Petition to Nerf Horse Crossbowmen  (Read 6372 times)

Offline Rainbow

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: [OFFICIAL] Community Petition to Nerf Horse Crossbowmen
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2012, 09:28:19 pm »
+1
I'm down for the no load on horse back.

Reduced accuracy would be great too.  w/ a bow you can ride around with 180 WPF and unless you get horse archery you will have bad accuracy.  Makes sense to me!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leman_Russ

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2012, 09:49:49 pm »
I'm down for the no load on horse back.

Reduced accuracy would be great too.  w/ a bow you can ride around with 180 WPF and unless you get horse archery you will have bad accuracy.  Makes sense to me!

Horse crossbow players get horse archery too you inbred.

Offline ROHYPNOL

• Earl
  • Renown: 361
  • Infamy: 127
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Poor Washing Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2012, 09:54:30 pm »
LOL inbred.. another misconcepted person who has no idea what they are talking about yet wants to comment..
Quote from: Jeade
you're rough around the edges.
This is the reason people don't like you if anyone ever did.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2012, 10:01:41 pm »
+1
But no Power Draw needed :)

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2012, 10:08:45 pm »
But no Power Draw needed :)
But your damage cannot be augmented by power draw.
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2012, 10:12:43 pm »
+2
HC problem imo is the lack of stats needed can make it have absurdly high WM/Riding making it an easier character to create over HA.

The only "nerf" HC should get is a better requirement instead of strength else you'll see people with 12/30 builds which is not fair when HA need to fully dedicate themselves to be viable on horses.

Offline Bjarky

• Earl
  • Renown: 352
  • Infamy: 31
  • U got gold? I bring tea, silk, hemp, camels +more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Leadership member)
  • Game nicks: Guard_BD_Bjarky, Guard_the_Lederhosen
  • IRC nick: bjarky
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2012, 10:33:35 pm »
not to forget that horse xbow actually has it's historic place.
french and polish armies have had them in use in the middle ages, thats also why the devs of M&B alowed the hunting- and light xbow to be usable on horse, it's not a fictional matter.

ps. because of the current skillpoint system in crpg, HX actually have low hp, but if the team ignores them, well then it's easy to survive a whole round.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2012, 10:51:36 pm »
HC problem imo is the lack of stats needed can make it have absurdly high WM/Riding making it an easier character to create over HA.

The only "nerf" HC should get is a better requirement instead of strength else you'll see people with 12/30 builds which is not fair when HA need to fully dedicate themselves to be viable on horses.

The HC still fully dedicates itself to the class with the build being used. A dehorsed HC is a dead HC.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2012, 11:00:41 pm »
The HC still fully dedicates itself to the class with the build being used. A dehorsed HC is a dead HC.
As much as a HA. Or... Is it?

My suggestion would be making two versions for light and hunting crossbow. One version will not be available to use on horse and the stats will be same, while the other versions will be available to use on horseback only with more STR requirement. So it has to be 15/27 or such at least. I think this might be also realistically accurate that reloading a crossbow on horseback might actually require more STR as you do not stand on the ground. Well, it sounds realistic to me. Not sure though, I never tried to reload a crossbow.

Or just code their difficulties into 12 in ground and 15 on horseback if possible. I was just not sure about if it's possible or not. One thing I am certain is, it must be time consuming.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 11:02:19 pm by Ronin »
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2012, 11:02:56 pm »
Maybe mounted crossbowmen had crossbows with mechanical aids on.
Professional poop cleaner

Offline ROHYPNOL

• Earl
  • Poor Washing Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2012, 12:06:12 am »
+1

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2012, 01:47:37 am »
+1
tugboat maybe you should get on and just fraps me, then analyze it, and then realize everything you say about me is wrong.. i get kills consistantly the entire round and if you say otherwise, you are a fool.. i do not really care what this thread is REALLY about.. just plz tell the truth.. how would i just kill at beginning and just do nothing in the middle? and then get kills at the end of round.. like that makes sense for any player at all.. its probably because you are usually fighting during the battle and only notice things when you are not fighting or dead.. just saying all you need to do is fraps me and you will realize there is a big misconception on what you think i am doing.. this is not about how great of a player or how bad of a player i am.. just want some people to realize that i dont even think the cry babies know what they are crying about... as for you saying i do not help my team is a complete joke and you are delusional as shit.. do i really need to epeen more..

Fair enough, I'll spectate you during a see next time you're on, but from what I've at least observed, you play passively near the beginning of a round, picking off AFK'ers and stragglers and late spawners, and then pick off people one by one near the end of a round, and if your team lost the main battle and you're last alive it drags on forever. I will admit though that I typically go head on into the battle and probably don't notice your impact on the main battle often, so I'll watch in the future. However, as I've stated many times. My opinion of you as a player has nothing to do with my opinion of the class of Horse crossbow. I think that it is imbalanced in that it has less drawbacks than other cav classes and enables you to dodge and evade troops to the point where the flow of game play is disrupted.

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2012, 01:58:34 am »
+1
Because Tugboat is OFFICIALLY pissed off!

Naw I'm not pissed. I was just watching a round with a HX on my team and was amazed how long the round was dragging on during a match that they couldn't possibly win by running in circles. It got me thinking about flow of game play in other games, in any multiplayer game, or even single player game, and it made me realize that the class seriously messes with a good positive flow of gameplay, and compared to other cav classes it has no draw backs, at least that is my opinion.

One of the admins stated later on that a dehorsed hx is a dead hx, and that is partially true in that a hybrid cav build is more effective while off the horse, but that changes nothing from the above paragraph unfortunately.

Honestly I think the best suggestion I've heard out of all the commentors is to let master of the field spawn earlier. I think that that would fix the delay problem with the hx class without any direct nerfs, and would also facilitate some great team play with the clans.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2012, 03:42:59 am »
(click to show/hide)

I'm a little glad I'm not NA  :P

Offline ROHYPNOL

• Earl
  • Poor Washing Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2012, 04:17:37 am »
oh come on overdriven you know you love it  :D